Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it posible to change the voice of your sims?  (Read 4121 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lucia.v7

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »

I have got a sim,she is a woman,her face is very sweet but her voice is very very low and I don't like it.Is it posible to change it?
Greetings and thanks!:)
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:01:53 pm »

Not that I know of.  The sounds are keyframed to the animations based on the sims age.  You would have to physically replace the offending sound file using SimPE.  There is a field in the character data for voice.  Changing it does not appear to have any effect - maybe a throw back to Sims 1.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
lucia.v7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:13:12 pm »

Ok,but why do 2 sims in the same life stage have different voices?Is this random or it's caused for any psychological characteristic, the horoscope,...?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:25:53 pm »

It's pretty much random.  The key way into figuring out which voice you want for your sim is in CAS (while changing clothes and listening to their "input" for the outfits).  If the sim generates with a voice that you don't like, then you can always cancel making that sim and start over with a new one until you recognize the voice you want.  Wink  

I made sure once I found the female voice type I liked for some of my sims to write down the Character Voice number of a sim that had it in SimPE, and  input it for select sims to use that voice in-game.  I do this on most occasions when I forget to cycle through CAS sims until that sim has the voice type.  :angel:

It doesn't work well when changing Female voices to Male, or between different age groups (i.e. Toddler to Teen)... and vice versa.  (I mean it can, but in some cases it doesn't work.)

lucia.v7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 07:25:56 pm »

How great idea listening to sims in CAS!!Never it had not occur to me!Also I'm glad about you say me that sometimes it's posible to changes the voices in SimPE because I have got quite a lot of sims which I don't like their voices.Thank you Tenshii-Akari,you are very ingenious:thumbrig::thumbrig:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:35:52 pm by lucia.v7 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: