Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:39:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Small" bodyshop crisis... if you're a pro at solving problems...  (Read 5408 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:09:34 pm »

Uh...

Help?  :sad1:

This just started happening last night... I noticed it when going through a few files and my Sims's clothing started glitching up... then I took out all my Custom content, hacks, and everything... and this is what I get!!!    Even my video card drivers and DirectX is updated...

I have NOTHING in my game at the moment.  All Downloads, Saved Sims, and Projects are clear (or stored on my external HD), cache files and cigen.package deleted, and all customizations restored to default... so I think something has gone horribly wrong with a game file somehow. Even my Bodyshop thumbnails are utterly weird when starting it up...  :cwm21:

*attached image removed*

Is this a possible result of a corrupted objects package?  I'm really praying that it is so I don't have to do a complete re-install, and it seems that I'm missing the second CD for Seasons at the moment... I've had enough headaches this past week going through things I didn't want anymore so I REALLY don't need this happening now... :icon9:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:00:33 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:54:30 am »

oh wow, I have NEVER seen this happen before, and you seem to have done all the things that I would have done so I cant be of any help. Hopefully someone can come by and help you soon.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:11:04 am »

Thanks for trying anyways, Brooke.  :angel:  It really is strange that it all started happening now of all times.  I was just about to make a new outfit too... Sad

stsarina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:43:06 pm »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like corrupted defaults. Happened in my game a few months back, and I ended up doing a re-install. There may be a way to replace just those files from the original data, but I would have no idea how to, I'm afraid.

Hannah x
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 06:55:52 pm »

You can replace corrupted objects.package see here

Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »

i've read that article, and it's looks like you only need the first disk of seasons. Hope you can solve it, Tenshii.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 07:59:19 pm »

... it didn't work... still have the eybrow faces of doom and fugliness... :bawl:

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:18 pm »

Did you try deleting your CASthumbnail.package file located in the thumbnails folder?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:11:59 pm »

Yep... and once again it's a no-go...

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:02 am »

Shouldn't there be a way of grabbing just the default files from the first cd, and replacing the defaults you have right now with them?
I'm assuming that would work the same way as the object-files, just with different names.

Good luck! Sad

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 11:31:23 am »

Yeah... I was thinking that last night, also.  And amazingly that failed too... :shock:  I don't know what the heck happened and why it happened, but even going through the rest of the disks I had and refreshing all of those listed files didn't do anything.  :crybaby:  

But as I said in my pictures thread, I already gave in and uninstalled the game.  And I'm hoping to find that Second CD somewhere in the computer room.  If not, I'll continue to kick myself and my laptop until something gives.  :lol:

Thank you everyone for all the help you've given thus far.  I really appreciate it.  :angel:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 11:53:44 am »

In replacing the "default files", did you replace the TSData\Res\Sims3D\CASFace.package?  I'm thinking this is the one that's causing the problems for you.
PrincessIsabelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:26 am »

i wish i could help but i have no idea what to say i hope you fix your bodyshop issue

Visita il mio nuovo sito
My Sims 2 Site ancora in costruzione.
Sono un ginnasta e il mio ginnasta preferito è Sandra Izbasa dalla Romania
Preferisco le palestre delle squadre rumene e italiane
Miss Italy Coming April 25, 2008, PrincessIsabelle
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1106762
In replacing the "default files", did you replace the TSData\Res\Sims3D\CASFace.package?  I'm thinking this is the one that's causing the problems for you.

That too, unfortunately.  I went through and replaced ALL of those files in each of the EP folders, yet nothing I did worked.  (And I'm not just talking about the regular "copy and paste over old files" method.  I deleted them all and restored them... even rebooted the computer after doing that to see if it would work, yet the dern thing didn't want to recognize the changes.  :?)

Well, as for my CD issue, I still haven't quite found it yet... but I still have a few stacks of CDs left to go through before I can officially say if Disc 2 is missing or not.  I'm feeling good about finding it though, because I managed to also find its instruction booklet in the box.  :smile bi:  In the meantime, I did go ahead and re-install the base game and tried running Bodyshop and the game... and I must say that it's running quite well with none of the above issues whatsoever.  I'm still stumped over how quickly those stubborn files corrupted, but at least now I know whichever file I kept missing is finally fixed.  :dontknow:

Once again, thank you everyone for all of your helpful advice and support!  :group hu:  I wish it didn't have to resort to me getting bent out of shape last night and having to uninstall everything... but sometimes I guess that's really the only option when something as freaky as what's in those pics happens.  :tongue:

EDIT:  And now the Lost CD Escapade is over.  It has just been found, so all is well again... and I can save my money and sanity.  :smile bi:  Once again, thank you all for the help and support... and sorry to bother you all with this thing.  I could've gone smoother had I not taken the CD out an misplaced it... (or if my mother hadn't found it before I did and stuck it in a random CD case... :lol:)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:12:27 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: