Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:59:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upset of the "spaw" thing  (Read 3047 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:16:48 am »

Hi Everybody!! :howdy:
Some time ago I installed sims 2 bon Voyage and since then some of the things that sims can perforn (like asking someone to make a photo, play hide-and-seek, give a present etc) appear as "spaw" and then "memory management" which is quite annoying as a have to guess which one is which :smt120
What can I do?
Please answer me?Huh??
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:57:22 am »

Sounds to me you have old mods that are not compatible with BV still in your game.
m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:32:08 pm »

and what do I have to do???
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:35:30 pm »

Update any outdated mods, and remove any that are not updated and are no longer compatible.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 12:47:54 pm »

and how do i do that?? sorry, i'm a bit short with all the computer stuff Sad
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:25:06 pm »

Take them out of your Downloads folder, and look through sites you may have downloaded the mod from for updates.  Simple as that.  Wink

m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 04:26:49 pm »

but... what's a mod? maybe it's a different thing in Spanish, i don't know, because I'm getting lost with all this. i downloaded just hairs, objects.. you know, the typical stuff, that's why i don't understand what's wrong... :S
Sorry i'm a bit thick today Sad
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 06:35:36 pm »

A mod is basically a hack... or if I'm right, it's "corte" in Spanish.  (really rusty on it since I had to withdraw from that class due to illness.)  They're the things you usually download to either stop certain behavior from happening automatically, or to enable interactions that weren't enabled in the game before... and maybe some extra.  Wink

m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:54 am »

OH! but, do i have to download EVERYTHING again?Huh?? it'll take me ages!!! Cry Is there another way to know which hacks are outdated? i'm sorry, i'm a pain in the ***!!!!
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 08:01:31 am »

yeah you do always. whenever you get a new EP you always have to update every hack. I'm going through it right now with Free Time. I know it sucks but if you want your game to run properly it has to be done. We aren't talking about all custom content though, just files that change game play, you can't have THAT many.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:23:16 am »

Well... you don't neccessarily have to download every hack again unless otherwise noted by the creators of them.  Also, there's no true definite way to tell which ones are outdated or not... but you can find out which downloads are hacks by using the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. Or you can use Delphy's Download Organizer.  Both highlight hacks in red when you scan your Downloads folder, so you can know the names of which ones you need to check for updates.  Wink

And now that I think about it, there's also the Hackdiffing Tool on MATY, but it may be a bit difficult to use for some.  :angel:

m_gimeno_87

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 07:44:51 pm »

Thank you!!!! gracias!!!! merÇi!!!! viele danke!!! (i wish i knew more) it's workin'!!! thinks for your anwers (and patience) Wink
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 07:57:27 pm »

I had this problem awhile ago - and it turned out to be one of my hacks that I had in the game - so I found all the hacks I had installed and removed them all - and then replaced them one by one till I found the problem
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: