Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:12:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving files to new PC  (Read 1188 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xtian913

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:23:35 am »

Hello everyone! I recently got a new laptop and was wondering if it was possible to somehow transfer over my saved games to the new computer?? I know I can bring over all the items I've downloaded, but where would I need to look to find all my character & neighborhood data?

Thanks in advance!
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:11:10 pm »

Backing up your neighborhoods is esentially the same process as backing up and moving the downloads. In the same directory as your downloads directory, you will find the following folders:

Neighborhoods
Saved Sims

Copy both of those and transfer them to the equivalent directory on the new pc. Make sure you don't copy them over until you have installed all of your games to the point your old system was (i.e. if seasons was the last game installed on your old PC, then your neighborhoods are in the Seasons save file format. If you were to install BV on your PC and then try to copy your Seasons neighborhood over, it wouldn't work.)

In the future, try to do a search before posting a new question. I know I have answered this question before >.>;;
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:30:51 am »

Thank you very much!

I'm sorry, I will be sure to search in the future...   ><
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: