Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizarre CC problem, assistance required  (Read 1367 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sanctorum

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:44:39 pm »

It's a bit of a story, but it's puzzling me.

I recently picked up Sims again (I tend to play it heavily, then leave it aside for a while) and so spent a bit of time downloading some new content that had been released during the interim. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about my previous downloads, and so overwhelmed the game until the load time was ridiculous (I stopped timing at an hour and a half). Out went all my custom content.

Then I went and re-downloaded the choice bits to keep a "reasonable" level (my goal was 1 gig, so 1.1 isn't bad Wink) so that the load time wasn't an issue. But when I started a new family, I noticed that not everything I had downloaded was showing up in the catalogue. This was particularly strange as quite a portion is the same custom content I had used on my last play-through, which had worked perfectly.

To further complicate matters, I ran this test: I moved everything out of the Downloads folder save a few of the objects that were not showing up, but had worked in the past. Several reloads and the objects were never registered by the game. However, some sets are partially recognized (one or two objects will appear from, say, a living room set). The same appears to be true for recolours of existing Maxis objects.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:44:58 pm »

And you have Custom objects in the catalogs enabled, right?  Sometimes you have to go back and turn it off, then back on again (and also deleting your "Groups.cache" file) to see if it'll start working right again... :scratch:

Sanctorum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:49:06 am »

Yep, as far as I can tell, it *should* be working. Even various programs (SimPE, Download Categorizer and Sims2Pack Clean Installer) register the files. The game itself acknowledges the files exist should you turn on the starting warning dialogue box.

I think the game wins this round. My Sims will go without. :salute:
rmvv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:37:15 am »

It's a pain I've taken ex off just playing with base some off my cc doesn't work like tables that worked orginally before i got any ex's same w ith skins  and I know I've put all the meshes in It gets that way I e install every few months and start again use sim2 installer wich reall dosen't help that much if you don't know what is in the ex packs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: