Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:13:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blue screen? HELP!  (Read 1981 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mieley

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:13 pm »

ive had this problem for a really long time now and i dont know what to do...

my sims starts up fine, but then i get into a household and i get maybe 10 minutes of playing time. i dont know why but after a few mins, the screen turns this light blueish color, and a little hour glass pops up. sometimes after the hourglass is done it goes back to the game as i left it and sometimes the screen will repeatedly flash from blue to black and theres nothing i can do so i have to restart the computer. even when it goes back to the game as i left it in a few more mins it does the flashing thing again. so either way, theres nothing i can do. but, this never happens when im in neighborhood view or CAS, only when im in a lot.

does this have something to do with my graphics card or something? im not much of a tekkie, so idk how to diagnose/fix problems.

does anyone know why it could be doing this? please help!

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:20:36 pm »

Try adjusting your screen resolution to something lower than what you have it now.  If it's at the minimum already, then it's most likely a graphics card/memory issue... and maybe possibly the game trying to handle hi-poly objects on the lots also.  This was my main problem in the first place, as I had too much junk in my game for it to run without that screen appearing.  Wink

Have you tried updating your video card drivers and DirectX?

mieley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:40:41 pm »

hmm, i do have the game on the highest resolution only because i wasnt sure what that was hahaha. i have the 1064 x something one. woops. i thought it was the cc too at first so i deleted my MTS2 folder, which held 70% of my downloads. but it didnt change anything so i spent 2 days getting everything back haha. also, im pretty sure i have the latest video card drivers out there, atleast thats what my tekkie brother says.

thanks so much for the help! ill try adjusting the resolution and then get back to you.

mieley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:11:05 pm »

i tried the resolution thing and i got more play time but it still crashed. how do i update my drivers and direct x?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:28 pm »

You can find the drivers for your video card on the manufacturer's official site.  A Google search can help if you don't quite know the address for the site you're looking for video driver updates specific to your computer and graphics card.  :angel:  

For DirectX, go to Microsoft.  Wink  (The latest at the moment is the one from November 07.  I'm sure they'll have some more updates pretty soon, though.)

mieley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 10:56:08 pm »

thanks so much! youre such a big help tenshii

rmvv

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:35 am »

I had all that problem took my ex packs off just playing with base now  no more problem I update my graphis card when I got pets i've got nl ofb pets never played with them on all at once I just back up and start over again when thing s go wrong
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: