Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 12:11:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: EP to choose?  (Read 5412 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mercedez

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:46:24 pm »

I only have Sims2.  I want to choose an Expansion Package.  In your opinion, what should I go for?  This site offers so much that I feel I really don't need other options, but I have been thinking about adding more.  Which expansion package offers the best?  When I google the question, I always come up with this site.  I know this offers more, but they just don't offer the expansion packages for some reason?!:angel:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:46:14 am »

I'd say pick either Nightlife or Seasons.  (or both, as they're both the best EPs as of yet IMHO)  Nightlife gives you the ability to drive cars, having "Downtown" sub-neighborhoods that your sims can live in, and a good amount of items and clothing... plus, if you're into downloading custom content or want to download more cars, custom vehicles will only work if you have this EP.  

Seasons gives you weather, gardening, fishing, ability to save leftover foods, new objects and clothing... I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  Wink

Both EPs offer more fun stuff for the Sims themselves, so I'd say if you go with either or both, you're making a pretty good choice.  :angel:

(BV is excluded because of EA's stupidity in adding SecuRom... and the fact that I don't have, nor plan on buying, this EP.)

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:46:26 pm »

I, too, have only the base game and am wondering which EP to buy-I have the chance (thanks, company!) to buy a game for a discount and I think someone ought to get a survey up to see what other owners think...but I agree that BV from what I've read, is an unmitigated disaster.

maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:08:29 pm »

When I was able to play the game yet, I liked all the EP's including BV but there are alot of things each one gives to the game so any of them would be a good choice to get.
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

I agree with the above. Seasons or Nightlife. I do like OFB, but it gets boring pretty fast. The other two stay interesting for longer. Smiley

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:23:03 am »

Go for Nightlife!

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:30:02 pm »

i'd say go for free time when it comes out. it sounds much better than all the other games, and has almost everything we've hoped for - at least it seems like it.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:25:11 am »

I think I'll get NL-I think vampires are cool. Cars are cool. All the social thingies are even better; I have a batch of teens coming of age and they need to get out and party some!
As for Free Time, who is to say that Eaxis is not going to put Securom in that pack as well? I'll wait and see what the first real reviews are-not the advertising that is preceding it.
I'm proceeding very slowly in expanding my game, only if to preserve my computer and the fun of the game.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:04 pm »

My suggestion would be to research each ep and find out what it gives your game, and then decide what you want most.

Nightlife-Gives your sims cars and the ability to travel around without calling for a cab
University-your sims get an extra life stage, young adult, if they go to college
Open for Business-your sims can purchase and run various businesses.
Pets-pretty self explanatory, you get pets.
Seasons-your game gets differentiating seasons and weather.
Vacation-you can take your sims on vacations and get a new travel interaction. You can now walk to lots.

For me, if I had to narrow down my game to only two eps, I would pick Nightlife and Seasons, as the ability to drive and having different seasons and weather is what, for me, makes the game so much better.

Now...ask me this again after Free Time comes out lol.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 09:30:43 pm »

Ok, I do have another question: If I get NL, that only expands the game to have what NL has for cheats, careers, etc-right? I can't change the lots (as with Uni) or whatever, right? It's just NL's expansion cheats.
Does it matter if I don't get Uni, for gameplay, but perhaps just Seasons, afterwards if I want that down the road?
In short, can you just install whatever packs (in order of course) without installing all of them? Of course that limits me to just downloads only for NL, and not for anything else..which is restrictive, but not totally onerous, I hope.

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:27 am »

I answered my own question, by reading various guides on NL-and I can change lots, and a few other things. I did order it and am happily awaiting delivery. Oh, I'm just a big kid! I can't wait!

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:20:31 am »

Only one I don't really need is OFB. I agree with Tenshii Nightlife or Seasons. I have no desire for my Sims to own a business, but got it anyway for all the goodies. I almost got to see what freetime was like way ahead of time. I was playing a game and all of a sudden, EA download manager popped up and said preparing to download. I said NO! I haven't removed my downloads. But they must of caught it 'cause then it stopped pfft. Dang it! lol Bad enough I get antsy when they download it a day or two before then it sits on preparing to install till the day it's released. I'd be crazy if I had to wait 21 days. Ok crazier. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 11:02:19 pm »

I agree with everyone.  I have NL but I have not purchased Seasons.  To be honest from what I've heard about other expansion packs and the consolde games of the Sims2, EA it seems EA or Maxis rather are interested in making money than putting quality in their games.  In NL I use the cheats and the insim for NL and let me tell you my sims have a BALL! Talk about parties, weddings, get togethers not to mention one of my sims love life is a real soap opera, lol.  In my humble opinion from what I've read on insim and other places I think I would be happy with NL and Seasons, after all, your sims would be able to drive, go downtown not to mention enjoy the seasons like in real life.  I'm in agreeance with PegasusDiana, I too have not desire for my sims have a businesses.  I would love to purchase Seasons EP but here is the problem, I can not find the cheats for Seaons anywhere on the MS2, Insim, anywhere, *crying*.  If any of my fellow simmers, out of the kindness of your heart *sniff* know where I can find cheats for Seasons I would be SO GRATEFUL! Smiley Many, many thanks.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 09:44:55 am »

Well, there is only one new cheat that comes with Seasons, for as far as I know. I don't know the exact cheat anymore, but the only thing it does is making your fireflies give light forever, instead of dying after a while.

But I do agree with everyone else, Nightlife and Seasons are my favorite EP's so far. I'm really looking forward to Free Time though, sounds like it'll be great.
And, my sims will finally get to play basketball again! Cheesy

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 01:24:24 pm »

The only new cheat I know for seasons and I think it's the only new one for Season's is:
bugJarTimeDecay [on/off] - Using this code once bugs are captures in a jar will make them live forever when set to off

Here you go here is a list of cheats divided by EP. Doesn't look like there are any new ones for BV:
http://www.snootysims.com/cheatsindex.php?id=cheats

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: