Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:55:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crashes whenever my sim tries to go to work.***[SOLVED]***  (Read 1730 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Christy1077

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:58:25 pm »

It's happening frequently, and furthermore it's only happening in two of the households throughout the neighborhood. In one house the crashes are sporadic, I can never tell when it's going to happen. But in the current house whenever the Sim tries to go to work, the game crashes. The other Sims that live on that lot are able to go to work and come back successfully.

I've already installed the clean pack installer but that did not help either, I even tried deleting a few items that I had recently added to my downloads folder and still the game crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT* thanks to everyone for their help. I figured out what the problem was.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:22:23 pm by Christy1077 » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:05:51 pm »

Is the sim having problem to go to work follow a custom career?  if so, remove it, it is probably the cause of the crashing.
Christy1077

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:28:30 am »

Thanks for you suggestion =) unfortunately I do not use custom careers in my game, I've just deleted a lot more things from my DL folder in hopes that it works. *crosses fingers*

Celia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:43:09 pm »

This is happening to me, too.  Did deleting help?  I have noticed that at least two of the ones it has happened to are women in the science career.  Is this true for you?

Ok, I tried changing her job, but this didn't help.  I've also tried moving them out, then back in, and promoting her so that she went to work at a different time, but no joy.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:30:57 am by Celia » Logged
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:39:51 am »

My game used to do this.  At the time I only had two custom content things- and they were downloaded sims.  I finally just got mad and deleted the house.  I recreated the family and low and behold this time the game didn't crash but the male sim would go out to his car when it was time to go to work and just stand there.  He'd never leave the lot and then he'd get fired.  No matter what job I got him... same thing would happen everytime.  SO- the game wasn't crashing anymore but now the sims wouldn't go to work.

I deleted the custom sim and all his content and it seemed to fix the problem.

NOW- this could be a total fluke in my game and not help you in anyway but I thought I'd throw the idea of a "flawed" sim your way... just in case. Smiley

PS- now my game crashes everytime it snows. LOL

I had to set all my neighborhoods to a more tropical climate as I can't seem to figure out why this is happening either.  GEESH.... :smt120

I hope whatever the "thing" is causing you troubles you find and fix it. (HUGS!)

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: