Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:40:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting Lots  (Read 1929 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ghen

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:07:38 pm »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any way (hopefully easier) to delete downloaded lots other than in game?
Please and Thank you!
Ghen

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:13:23 pm »

You can delete lots directly from the lotcatalog folder but you won't have any preview of them so you might delete some you do not want too.
ttylo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:52 am »

I have used the Sims2Pack Clean Install to find problem lots. If by chance you have that, you can find the lots pretty easily if you know what the name is and it does have previews as well. Might be an option.

Here is the guide that I have used in the past if you have the Sims2Pack Clean Install.
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Bad_Lot
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:48 am »

I never knew that little trick it shows a thumbnail of the houses etc...Thank you for sharing that with us. Now I'm wondering I have about 12 Sims and 2 Sims family in that bin do I have to keep them or can I just delete them also?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 01:54:11 am »

Ooh! Thanks for the info everyone!

ttylo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 11:45:37 am »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1115081
I never knew that little trick it shows a thumbnail of the houses etc...Thank you for sharing that with us. Now I'm wondering I have about 12 Sims and 2 Sims family in that bin do I have to keep them or can I just delete them also?

I have had no issues with deleting characters from the bin after removing a house but I have read around the web others that have had issues including crashes when you click on them or simply being unable to access them. I recall a thing saying that if either of those occur that you can use SimPE to go into the neighborhood folder itself and remove them directly from inside the package itself if you know their name but I really don't know much about SimPE.

I have never used it myself but SimPE forums had this thread about a Sim Deleter Tool, the person that created the second version of it helps someone use it. This is consider one of those options if you can not access those characters in the bin itself or if it crashes your game.
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/forum/viewthread/3938/1

http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tools/sim-deleter-tool.html

I have never used it but I always keep the link handy just incase I need too. Never know when your game is gonna suddenly decide to disagree with you. :smile:
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 02:41:11 pm »

Ok thank you, just seems weird to me to have those Sims all sitting in my house lot bin and they aren't even in houses. Well, other than the Cat lady and another family. I've never played them. They're probably in my sim/family bin as well, but I don't play with a Maxis' pre-made family or Sims so I've never really checked who all is there. My new Sims go into the first slot so I take them and move them into their homes and get away from that bin quickly as possible. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: