Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:08:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 3620 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blue_feathers

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:02:19 am »

First off, I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered. I did a quick search and did not find any results...but it's still highly likely I missed it, in which case I am very sorry.

So.  Here's the thing.

I have made a few sims (ingame, not in bodyshop), that I would love to share with the world.  Except I don't know how.  The only helpful tips on how to just that seem to require SimsPE, which you know is great...if I wasn't on a mac, that is.  I guess my question is, is there any mac alternative way to get my sims out of the game?  Or will they have to keep chugging that elixir of life and just hope for an eventual solution?

Thank you very much for indulging me.
bestock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:36:31 am »

What is SimsPE?
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »

You need SimPe to get ingame sims out to share, unfortunatley. No way to do it on a Mac.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
blue_feathers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:51:24 pm »

That's what I thought, I was just hoping I was wrong.  Oh, well.

Thank you for answering.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 12:21:35 pm »

You just gotta do like the rest of us maccers; make the sims in bodyshop Smiley gives you much bigger power over how they look, too Smiley

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:09:15 pm »

Another possible solution if you have an Intel Mac is to set up a dual booting system with Windows.  Heresy, I know, but it will allow you to tranfer a copy of the game save folders over to the Windows drive and use SimPE.

I have such a set-up on my G5 and it works, the only downside is you need to have the same EPs installed on the PC side of the system to get access to the same sub-neighbourhoods.  It's not a perfect solution, but it is one which many Mac-users find workable.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 08:57:28 pm »

I have used simpe on my network.  Opening files in windows from the mac.  I have also copied the TSData folders onto the windows partition and have successfully used simpe with these.  This may also hold true for your neighborhoods.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: