Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:02:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way to save downloads.  (Read 1215 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
queenbunnywitch

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:10:29 am »

I recently got a new computer with the new IE. I normally use firefox and on my old computer I used IE just for downloading sims content. IE used to allow me to save the file in whatever folder I specified then i would extract file in folder with winrar. Easy as pie. Now IE saves the file and immediately opens in winwar. I tried changing my download settings in firefox to always ask where to save downloads, but it didn't allow me to save in the specified folder. I had to open in winrar. What is the easiest way to save and categorize your downloads? I'm going nuts here.
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:28 am »

I use firefox and I have no problem specifying where to save them. In your firefox options, there is an option where you can set it to either always download to the same place or to allow you to pick everytime - you just need to change that setting. (I'd give you the specifics, but I don't have firefox on my work computer...)
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:21:38 pm »

I have Firefox, and when you start the download, it will pop up with a window asking if you want to "Save as" a type of file or on the computer drive. I've done it the easiest way possible-linked "my downloads" folder to the "save on computer."
That way it will just go right into the downloads folder without any trouble.
You should make a "my downloads file" to put all the goodies into before you have to unzip or unRaR them.
BTW, this file is separate from the "Downloads" file that is in the game. It is an external file, in the computer itself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: