Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 12:24:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyway to package a lot with ghosts?  (Read 2422 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
WebbyMom

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:45:16 pm »

I am working on the Clue Mansion and have sims ready to go - but I'd like to have a Mr. Boddy ghost walking around. However, my testing is showing me that once the lot is packaged with the gravestone, and installed fresh into the game, the ghost never shows up.

Is there a way to do this? To set it up so that a ghost shows up? I'm hoping to offer a lot without hacks included, if possible.

Another thought was to set up Mr. Boddy to be so sick that he'd die immediately upon entering the newly installed lot? Could I do that with InSim, do you think?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Fun, whacky, and romantic Sim stories from the tangled reaches of my mind at The Tangled Webby
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:03 am »

I think if you pause the game then put his hunger to zero save then exit the lot and package it he should die when you first enter the lot on a new game but I am not sure...the game might refresh his needs when its loaded again I think I will go test it and see if it works Will get back to you on it

Edit:

Ok i tried it and it worked Azn hope that helps
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:07:10 pm by KacoshiAjewl » Logged

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
WebbyMom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 02:02:13 pm »

Oh my gosh, I don't know why that didn't occur to me! And that would be the absolutely simplest way to go, wouldn't it?  Here I am cooking up huge schemes and methods in my head.  LOL

Thank you so very much, KacoshiAjewl, I really appreciate that! And that you tested it.  Kudos!

Fun, whacky, and romantic Sim stories from the tangled reaches of my mind at The Tangled Webby
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:54:02 pm »

Lol no problem I've never had need to do something like that but I love problem solveing *shrugs*

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 12:47:51 am »

Sims are reset when you install a lot so that would not work but you can always lower their need or kill it using the Insim indeed.

There is a way to do this but there must be resident living on the lot other than the ghost itself that you will need to package along with the lot.

If one of the sim sees the ghost and it shows in its memory, then the ghost will appear on the lot.
WebbyMom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 09:50:38 am »

Well, I've tried the low-hunger method, but the sim is not dying upon lot entry. He stands and waves around and complains. I lowered other things too, but to no avail.

So MissDoh, you're saying that, pre-packaging, I could quickly kill off Mr. Boddy so he's already dead, but then at least one of the other "cast members" would have to actually see his ghost in order for it to appear with the lot once the lot is packaged up for others, right? (Cast members being Col. Mustard, Prof. Plum, Miss Scarlet, etc.)

I could do that, I'd just have to be patient and wait for it to happen.  But with 6 other people in the house, one wouldn't think it would take that long. At least, one would hope.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, too.  Smiley

WebbyMom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:51:23 pm »

Just want to say thank you again, MissDoh! My testing proves this out - the ghost indeed packages up nicely once another living sim on the lot sees it! Now I can move ahead with my project.  Smiley

KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:20:38 pm »

hmmm wired i did test and worked for me oh well you cant win them all *shrugs* glad you found your solution though ^_^

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 11:11:27 pm »

Happy to hear it is still working and EA did not brake it with a new ep. :tongue:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: