Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 12:24:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about skintones  (Read 2089 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fytj

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:22:24 pm »

I wanted to ask: if my sims tan on the beach with a custom skintone, will they actually tan? I mean, does tanning work with custom skintones? Does it change to the darker skintone(the skintone that's "next darkest" to the one my sim has)?
You'll probably tell me that I can go and check but my computer is quite slow and making a "test sim", moving it to a lot and make it go on vacation is actually quite an adventure for me.
Also, my game sometimes crashes without any obvious reason. It doesn't happen very often but still; it happens. Does anyone know what I could do?
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:03:49 pm »

Tanning and burning and whatnot is just like a layer of whole-body make-up on the sim.  Custom skins will change color.

-Not trying to steal the thread but it goes along with the theme.  How do you tan?  Is there an option or do you just send the sim outside?

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 02:30:42 pm »

The only problem I have found is that some bodybuilder skins (if not all) gain a weird untanned spot on their thighs. Otherwise, tanning will work with all othe skins.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 03:03:09 pm »

Thanks a lot!
And in order for them to tan, I send my sims to the beach, click on the ground and select "sunbathe". I think it only works on beach lots. With seasons though, you get hot(pink) by just being outside long enough.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:31:48 pm »

Fytj you can also use the InSim to tan your Simmies. I think the option is under Social Adjuster. It takes a while but your Simmies will be tanned.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:55:02 pm »

I use Inge Jones "sunbathe anywhere hack" for lots other than beach lots. Just click on the towel and send them to sunbathe.  The towel will only show on the lot for optimum sunny days, during the summer, from dusk to dawn and during the other seasons, only when the sun is out.  I love that hack. You can find it here.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 02:57:55 pm »

There is also an Alpha fix for the BB tanning floating around somewhere. I believe its by Amun-RA Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: