Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:12:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Bon Voyage Crashing w/o Downloads! *unresolved*  (Read 4576 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:33:18 am »

Hey, whenever i try to load up bon voyage it crashes, i thought it must be some CC that i had downloaded, but when i tried it without CC it still crashed saying something like 'Sims 2 Bon Voyage has crashed. This program will now terminate'. I have all EP's but not SP's.

My computer specs are 3ghz dual core processor, 2gb RAM, 512mb Graphics card.

Is it my computer that is goosed or do i just need to reinstall?

Char
xxx

Consuela

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:28:42 pm »

Hi Charlotte,

Try this site:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »

Take a look at the error report logged by the game. Do you see anything resembline this:

Exception code: 0xC0000005 (bunch of numbers) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

If so, then it could be bad ram, background tasks taking up too much memory or even spyware bunging up the works. Look for spyware first, and make sure all unnecessary b/g tasks are closed. If that doesn't work then try a reinstall. Failing that, it could be ram.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 12:19:21 pm »

I will check when i next go on! I hope it isn't bad RAM only bought the computer about 2 months ago, it seems that the video card is going a bit funny, cos it kept comin up with weird graphics, and it always seems to reboot itself.

Char
xxx

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:17:54 pm »

Charlotte, what video card did your new PC come with? I bought a new PC last March and it had an old NVidia card that barely met the game's requirements. My new PC has 2 GIGS of RAM and a new ATI 1650 card and it rocks.

There's a requirement test that you can use to tell you if your PC can operate the games:

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=38432

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 01:46:42 pm »

Just been on it, and it keeps saying everything is undefined, i installed the operating system myself so it was prob my fault. The sims now doesn't play at all. The computer kept reseting and i think it has goosed the graphics card. do you think i should send the computer back or format it and try again?

Char
xxx

nuttyspiritual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 04:58:55 pm »

mine is the same as jinyc and it all runs smooth now used to get that graphic prob of diff colors etc.. when i run sims turns out i needed to boost ram and graphic card to run the sims and bon voyage you could try a reformat wont hurt but if your card is fried u will need to get a new one hope u get it sorted good luck I love the sims be lost without it (smiles)
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 05:54:48 pm »

The problem is, i just got that computer so the graphics card shouldn't be fried!!!!

Char
xxx

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 06:12:05 pm »

The thing is, nothing can be 100% guaranteed. It's not common to buy a computer with a defective part, or a defective part for your computer for that matter, but it can happen.

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 09:56:40 am »

Now it seems to be working like normal, even though i haven't done anything. I'm sure computers have a mind of their own!

Char
xxx

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 12:54:40 pm »

LOL you don't have to convince me of that.

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 02:04:55 pm »

I have just installed vista on the computer but my modem isn't compatible with vista! (typical) there is no drivers for it that work, i have ordered a new modem a couple of days ago, do you people think that this new one would let me connect to the net even though its not installed through a tiscali disc?

Char
xxx

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:00:24 pm »

When you removed your downloads folder did you remember to delete the cache files? I'd be more likely to think a corrupt game file especially the cache files those are always getting corrupt and not just on the game, but in other things like graphic programs then causing crashes.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 10:02:22 pm »

Yeah tried that, uninstalled my sims now can't reinstall, its summat wrong with my computer but i dunno what.

Char
xxx

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:17 pm »

I had to reinstall BV 4 times and the magic charm was skipping the DVD and going with the EA download. I don't know what the difference is, but it worked and haven't have any problems. Yet, better throw that in you know Murphy's law. The first time I uninstalled it though I couldn't get it to re-install it said I was missing the Season't patch. Went and tried to install it again and it said it was already installed. So removed Season's and BV and installed them both with the patch again. Then nothing worked in CAS no CC at all. But I had CC on the lots in those catalogs. Just no hair/make-up/etc. Tried everything nothing worked. So uninstalled it again. Tried one more time and installed Teen stuff with it. Kept crashing to desktop. Broke my DVD/CD  drivers because I use the one program it's know to clash with Roxio. Got mad removed it again. Gave it to my grand-daughter. Then decided I wanted it back. lol So brought it from the download link and haven't had a prob. I have a high end PC also with 8 gigs of Ram/512 of memory/300 gig HD. HP. So if it makes you feel any better your not the only one this game has given crap too. It runs great on my granddaughter's PC and she has a 5 year old Dell. with minimal anything. Her's doesn't even meet minimal requirements to play the game. She has the original/NL/Pets/Seasons/BV installed on it. She has a 80 gig(stike that my daughter said it's 40 gig) HD, 256? ram(my daughter said it's 120+) and I have no idea how much video memory. She's still running Windows 98. No stuff packs and about 500 megs of custom CC. Mostly well it's all she has Cars/Hair/and Clothes. Plus a few pets. She's never had a crash.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:41:09 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: