Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:51:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DirectX 9.0c???  (Read 1652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sarah071894

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2008, 04:08:33 pm »

This is the message I have been getting today whenever I try to launch The Sims 2: "Failed to find DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics in the System! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer."

I Googled "DirectX 9.0c" and downloaded it, but I'm still getting the same message! Does it have to do with where I place the DirectX 9.0c files in my computer?

I added every file to a .zip file and placed it on the desktop. I even used Q-Xpress Installer to download it to The Sims 2 itself and see if that would help. But I still have nothing!

I (and the whole family) use the same Dell PC, but I don't know what kind it isand how much memory I have on it. All I know is that we got it sometime from 2003 to 2005. Maybe it's from 2004. I don't remember! Either way, I was either in the 4th or 5th grade. I've had The Sims 2 since summer of 2006, when I was going into the 7th grade. I'm now in the 8th grade. Sorry, I don't remember things by years, I remember things by what grade I was in! lol

I don't have all the information about my computer, but Microsoft stuff runs on it. It's not a Mac, that's all I really know. I hope it still helps you figure out the problem.

:toothy4: Sarah's Sims :toothy4: are HERE: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=71781
YAY!!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:02:27 pm »

Go to Start => Run..., then type in dxdiag in the "Open" box and press OK.  You'll find most of the info you'll need on the very first tab, and in the upper left-hand corner of the "Display" tab of the DirectX Diagnostics window.  This will really help us out in narrowing down if this is a graphics or memory problem.  :angel:

I have had this happen a few times myself.  Most of the time, it was due to lack of virtual memory available on my system.  Sometimes, a simple reboot of the computer can help, but there are other times where it might not do much.  

Sim Wardrobe (aka Paladin's Palace) has an excellent game optimization tutorial that might help you out in the case of lacking enough memory for getting the game started up, especially when it comes to setting up the right amount of virtual memory paging files your computer needs.  Just check under the Tutorials section of that site, and it's the first (and only) one you'll see.  Wink

sarah071894

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 05:13:31 pm »

Here is the system info:

I don't really understand what it means, though. Help please?

:toothy4: Sarah's Sims :toothy4: are HERE: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=71781
YAY!!!
PrincessIsabelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »

let me see if i can help you i need a sec i have vista and i am going to find the easier way

Visita il mio nuovo sito
My Sims 2 Site ancora in costruzione.
Sono un ginnasta e il mio ginnasta preferito è Sandra Izbasa dalla Romania
Preferisco le palestre delle squadre rumene e italiane
Miss Italy Coming April 25, 2008, PrincessIsabelle
sarah071894

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 05:25:12 pm »

Okay. Thank you so much!

YAY!!!
sarah071894

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 05:50:39 pm »

Nevermind!!! I rebooted the system and IT'S WORKING!!! At least for now...

Thanks for your help anyway!

YAY!!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 09:46:39 pm »

Glad it's working for you.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: