Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:00:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do the Maxis files get saved to?  (Read 2212 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
oykawoo

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:05 pm »

I was wondering where files get saved to for Maxis made sims when you install them with the sims 2 installer thingy. They used to be put in the downloads or saved sims folders but I think that they save somewhere else now. I recently downloaded the purple maxis made dresses from the sims2.ea.com I installed them and everything works fine but I noticed that my sister also had the dresses and before this all our downloads had been separate. She did not download them nor would she know how. So I was wondering where they were put on my computer so that I can put them into the folder I want them in.

Thanks,

oykawoo

Please do not recolor my stuff. If my stuff is a recolor of somone elses work then recolor the original. Please do not upload my stuff unless its with a sim. Please include a link to my thread with your sim.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:19 pm »

They are still install in the downloads folder.  Some of the objects that are on the Sims 2 site were added to ep.
oykawoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »

These objects are new and my newest game is family fun stuff.

Please do not recolor my stuff. If my stuff is a recolor of somone elses work then recolor the original. Please do not upload my stuff unless its with a sim. Please include a link to my thread with your sim.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 02:52:52 am »

What new dresser are you talking about?  The most recent object added on the Sims 2 site is dated of "Date Uploaded: 11.08.2007" and it is a car.

Can you give me a link to the dresser you are talking about so I can check if I do have it in my game?   I did not install any of them except for the new cars they put up.  If it is part of the "vroom" collection then these items were added either in the Seasons or BV ep.
oykawoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:40:45 pm »

No dresses not dresser. The purple dresses on the maxis sims.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »

Well no matter what you are talking about, files are saved in the same folders and places as they always have.
oykawoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 04:03:21 am »

Is there a reason they are being loaded onto my sisters game too? We have seperate downloads folders...thats why I think its weird.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: