Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:03:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Done. ::: Warning Will Robinson! Rant Inside! :::  (Read 4345 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Scotty

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:01:03 am »

Okay, I just got Free Time, and I feel like I totally wasted my money. I wasn't very excited about this EP when it was announced several months ago, (In fact, I actually thought it was a sick joke) And I am totally underwhelmed now that I have it. The game was running fine until it crashed on me when I tried to go to one of the secret lots. I have some sort of problem like that every time I install an EP. Even when I remove all my hacks. And at this point, I really don't care if it gets fixed or not.

The thing is, I am REALLY sick and tired of EA's shoddy and lackluster programming when it comes to these games. This is their damn flagship game for God's Sake! And yet in there greed, they would rather release a crappy piece of software just so they can rake in the money. To be honest, I really haven't played Sims in many months. I played BV for a bit, but quickly got bored with it and went on to something else.

I'm just tired. Tired of all the hassle that comes along with a new EP. I know that this will more than likely be the last EP for Sims 2. I don't think I will bother with Sims 3 when IT comes out.

I have been a part of the Sims Community for several years. The only thing that's really keeping me around now is my forum, and the friends I have made there. But when TS3 comes out, and Sims 2 goes the way of Sims 1, I will probably retire.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:02:30 am by Scotty » Logged

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12:54 am »

I just hope The Sims 2 stays popular, because I refuse to buy The Sims 3. Like you said, I don't feel the need to have more crappy EA software. Besides, they can't make The Sims 3 sooo much better then The Sims 2, since the Sims 2 was already sooooo much better then The Sims 1, that I'm satisfied with this.
I love this forum, and I really hope it stays active and fun, even if The Sims 3 comes out, because otherwise I'll have no clue on how to spend mý free time. Wink

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 07:26:23 am »

Same here.  :?  I'll admit, I really had my hopes high for Sims 3... but when my eyes were opened to how much was left out in Sims 2 (false advertisements)  and the way they tend to not care about what the serious consumer thinks anymore, I've given up all hope on them.  Maybe one day in the future I'll have some sort of change in my attitude about them, but it's highly unlikely if they keep toying around with everything and making us "beta testers" to their products.  Not to mention the old and tired "anti-piracy" conspiracy.

(Not that anyone else isn't having problems yet... I know a good amount of people are still satisfied with the new EP, plus the others.  But for those who felt the brunt of all the negative sides of EA Games and their "true love" of Sims 2 as their cash cow, I feel for you.  :group hu:)

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:24:21 pm »

I keep saying I'm done, but I know sure as I'm sitting here. If I'm alive I should say(we never know what tomorrow holds) and Sims 3 comes out I'll be buying it. I said I wasn't buying Sims 2, then each EP/SP yet here I sit with them all. BV crashed on me all the time. I went thought heck with it 4 times of uninsalling and re-installing. 2 times with Season's as well. I had to constantly save. But haven't experienced that yet with Freetime. Only thing I seem to be having and it's more annoying then anything else is the phone ringing all the time.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:06:44 pm »

*hugs Scotty* I know how tough it is. I bought BV and waited a few months before installing it. I am buying FT today with the same plan. I've spent more time on the InSIm adult side, here and your site :love7: that I hardly played the game at all. I just went on my first vacation yesterday and the farthest I got was setting up the home.

I can say that GSC site is more about the members than the game. There are so many wonderful people on there. It's a community. Don't give up, sweets. Take a deep breath and answer my frickin PMs! *smiles*
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:08:46 pm by J00wish » Logged

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:42:03 pm »

Quote from: J00wish;1156167
*hugs Scotty* I know how tough it is. I bought BV and waited a few months before installing it. I am buying FT today with the same plan. I've spent more time on the InSIm adult side, here and your site :love7: that I hardly played the game at all. I just went on my first vacation yesterday and the farthest I got was setting up the home.

I can say that GSC site is more about the members than the game. There are so many wonderful people on there. It's a community. Don't give up, sweets. Take a deep breath and answer my frickin PMs! *smiles*

Thanks all. I guess I was just pissed off and disgusted. I usually go with the flow when a new EP is released. and calmly try and fix what ever problems I may have. But it just rubbed me the wrong way this time. These games would be so much better if Maxis actually listened to the players for a change. This EP is a pretty lame bow out for the Sims 2. I thought they would go out with more of a bang. But oh well.

And Odessa. don't worry, I don't think I'll close my forum. I know that would upset alot of people. Just give me some time, and we'll see how things go. For right now though, I am more than likely giving up on the Sims. That may change in the future though. Smiley

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:45:55 pm »

You have all the time in the world, my dear... and PLEASE let me know when you want to chat. *smiles* I'm great at listening and you can tell me to shut up when I talk to much.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 09:00:40 pm »

It doesn't surprise me tho that they release crappy EP's.
Those guy's are working on sims3 and will be pretty bored when going back to a sims2 EP.
But like you said, its their flagship game. They should try to release something decent without all the bugs.
at first i blamed all the CC/Hacks andmods for my crashes with BV EP but even with a clean maxis game(and EP's) the game sux bad......
After they messed up MCO i promised myself to never buy a EA game again, but i did......bought sims2.
And i am saying it again, ill never buy a EA game again, and this time i wont.
I am not a donkey Cheesy

No longer active
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 11:02:36 pm »

I demand that they actually think about the customers.I mean I spent about $200 & its not fair to see my money waisted like that when they could actually do something useful for a change & listen to us speak out about the problems & solutions.
I think everyone has ideas for what they can do/fix.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »

Pets was the last good EP for me, but even that crashed every once in awhile.  Then I totally messed with the code and wasn't able to reverse it.  The last EP for a lot of people was OfB, and that was what?  The third EP?  Sad, EAxis, sad.

Sigs are for smokers.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 08:15:07 am »

^^  To me, OFB was the last good one that didn't demand a heck of a lot of system/graphical resources to run.  (I mean c'mon!  At least I still had a real sky with stars and a moon, even the sun... until I went up an EP.  :crybaby:)  Seasons, however, was the last good EP for the sake that it still has Safedisc. 'nuff said.  :hmph:

Although I'm pretty sure FT is the cream of the crop all in all with the extra activities, there could've been a lot more... at least they did get three main sports, a singular new instrument, (what's so bad about not putting in more band instruments?!   Wind players could've been part of FT, too! :bawl:), and a good number of other things that were interesting... but it's still not enough for me to want to have it either way.  I'm sure other's are still going to enjoy it either way until the thrill gradually wears down.  :?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:17:10 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Saprklesugar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 02:18:47 pm »

I love the ep despite the constant crashing though it doesn't do it now as i just took out all the custom furniture and objects. Anyway I'm one of those people that once they have one they gotta get the rest and since my dad is one too i got alot of the eps without having to pay for them myself, in fact the only one i bought myself was freetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: