Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:18:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA Better shape up...  (Read 6147 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
smurphyslaw

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 09:29:05 am »

Arrrrrgh.

I bought BV, installed it on my PC with Pets, OFB, University already there, and YAY PRESTO! After I got to Pleasantview and tried to associate a vacation destination to it (Tiki Village, if I recall correctly), the game went kablooey, crashed on me, and when I tried to restart it, gave me a weird error message and told me to 'Try Again'. Now, this isn't my first time with a bad EP, I knew re-trying was useless. So, I went to uninstall BV as I had already backed up my game. But guess what? Apparently, it was being used by another program!

Nothing can testify to what I went through to get that stupid Expansion Pack out of my computer. I had to fiddle with registry settings, remove ALL the TS2 games, and temporarily lose my audio drivers.

After that headache, I can agree whole-heartedly with all the people here who want EA to fix BV. However, even if they do fix it, I plan to stay strictly BV-less. And say 'no, thank you' to FreeTime. Doesn't sound like anything much, and I don't want more trouble.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 03:04:10 am »

Like MiM, I've experienced no significant problems since installing BV, except for the odd crash. I've had SuckuROM on my PC for at least six months, and I'm still yet to experience any major catastrophe, so I can honestly say that I will still fork out for Free Time, SecuROM or no SecuROM. This isn't to say that I approve of it being there, though - all I'm saying is that it hasn't caused any problems for me.

:blob6:
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 10:17:08 pm »

Well I was wrong- it wasn't the SecuRom- it was however another program that was a type of spyware (something like SecuRom I guess) that was also removed when I cleaned out my pc.

I installed Free Time which has the SecuRom on it and nothing has exploded yet....

I'm still not thrilled about having to have it on my computer in order to play the games though.

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 12:57:53 am »

I had a crash issue for a bit but after dropping in 512 megs of more RAM.  No problemos.

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 01:01:22 pm »

One thing that is preventing me from buying any more EPs is Suckurom.  I mean- I'm even afraid of getting OfB anywhere outside of Ebay because I don't want my PC to completely screw up due to the thing, and I have no idea if newer packages of Sims 2 or the older EPs still have SafeDisc.

However, the sad part is that I'm totally willing to pirate any EPs made be EAxis, although that's very, very risky.

Sigs are for smokers.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: