Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:42:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Somthings wrong!  (Read 5077 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simaniak

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:10:14 am »

Every time I try to make a new family the create a family mode loads half way but then goes back to neighborhood view, what should I do???:smt120

I smile because your my friends :angel:, I laugh because theres nothing you can do about it! :laughing:
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:45:23 am »

Hmm that's odd. I've never encounterd an error quite like that. Do you have a custom CAS or anything like that installed? Any mods installed?
Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:15:45 am »

No! I don’t even have any downloads on! It's weird.... I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.... didn’t work.

I smile because your my friends :angel:, I laugh because theres nothing you can do about it! :laughing:
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 02:46:47 pm »

Hmmm okay. Well I have a few more questions then...
Is this a new problem?
Has anything with your computer changed since the problem started happening? (Install a new EP, install new hardware on your computer, etc)
Is it possible that your computer does not meet the game's requirements?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 02:58:50 pm »

Check your computer for spyware, make sure you don't have any programs running in the background that would interfere with your game performance and try deleting your thumbnails.cache, accessories.cache and cigen.package files.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 07:12:03 am »

Could I be having problems because my computer is vista?

BiscuitTheGreat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:23:39 am »

You shouldn't have problems b.c of vista, my friend has vista, and hers loads fine.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 01:00:24 pm »

Vista does raise some of the minimum requirements for the game. I have a laptop that would run sims fine with xp, but not so much so with Vista. Look at the BV readme posted on this thread here. It lists the system requirements for XP and for Vista and known issues with Vista.

Did you check for spyware, etc, as I suggested in my last post?

Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 03:35:55 pm »

im not very good with computers so u might have to guide me...

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 10:07:59 pm »

Sorry...I just noticed I didn't link to the thread, my bad. The readme is here. You'll want to look at the system requirements and the supported video cards (and known issues).

Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »

I checked your requirement and my computer has all of them!!! What am i gonna do! my sims has been broken for more than two months and im DYING! I need an answer ASAP!

Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:20:34 am »

ARGH!!! I'v tried everything and nothing works!!! What am I gonna do???

SImsMoM101

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 01:38:21 pm »

Quote from: Simaniak;1125678
No! I don’t even have any downloads on! It's weird.... I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.... didn’t work.
You mention that you don't have downloads on--does this mean that you have hacks in your downloads folder but you don't have them enabled--if that is the case, then you need to completely remove the folder to your desk top and try again.  It may be possible for something to effect your game even with downloads not being enabled.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 06:52:31 pm »

I had something like that once. I downloaded a bad file of a sim. I could open the BodyShop, but it crashed when I touched the bad file, and I couldn't enter the CAS.
I had to delete the bad file manually (went to the site to see the code, then scanned the Dl folder with the Pack Installer). As long as the file was in the Body Shop (in the game it's in Saved Sims folder), I couldn't enter the CAS.

May be it helps.
Simaniak

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:17 am »

So wait.... i have to delete my download folder?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: