Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:28:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing Custom Content!  (Read 2543 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xtian913

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2008, 12:23:35 pm »

Hello everyone!

So recently I got my sister hooked on The Sims 2 and showed her how to downloaded custom content. She went on a downloading spree here on InSim & a few other sites and added some great stuff. However, I forgot to ask her to keep the files organized into the subfolders I had been creating for all the CC.

Is there any way to organize the CC now that it's all just thrown into the main Downloads folder? I remember back in the The Sims 1 days you could easily tell what was wallpaper, floor, mesh, etc... but now everything is in Packages and I have no way knowing what anything is. Is there an auto-sort type of program out there somewhere?

Just curious! Thanks! Smiley
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:55 pm »

Well I'm an organizeaholic, I have the main category by website, then by type (Bodyshop, Buy Mode, Build Mode etc.) then by creator. SO it would be for me say for Marvine's animated spiral stairs.

ModTheSims2
Build Mode
Marvine
Animated Spiral Stairs - The Packages go in this folder.

But that's for when you download items. If you need to know what a package is, I would highly reccomend Delphy's Download Organizer at MTS2

(Oh and to have Subfolders need I think you need Nightlife or higher)

Science makes everything sound painful.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:22:36 pm »

This was already answered in your duplicate post in General Help. Thread locked.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: