Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:47:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Genetics!  (Read 1907 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killacammy

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:35:24 pm »

i don't know how to get downloaded sims' genetics to work, such as make up, eyes, skintones and accessories...
i download a lot of stuff and all the hair and clothes work but genetics don't and i don't know how to make them work!!!!! :smt120
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »

If you decide to do this, you may/will need to download SimPe, sims.ambertation.de/. It has been recently updated to work with Bon Voyage ( if you have it, but it should work with any version of the game you do have :smile:). Once you have it installed there are tutorials at bogsims institute www.bogsims.com/ on how to make skintones, hair, and eyes genetic.

Hope this helps and if someone has already posted this same  info as I was writing my response, I'm sorry for the repetition.

Good Luck:D

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:16:53 pm »

If you want D/L ed stuff to work you do it on CAS while you're creating a sim.
Take a look at the skintones  for instance,yo'll see a star at the end,click on it,you'll get the rest of the D/Ls.(hopefully you allready extracted them.)
Same thing with the other stuff.Just click on the star.
You can change a sims makeup accessories and hair in game,by clicking on the mirror.
There are hacks permiting you to change everything you want while playing.

http://files.sims2graveyard.com/christianlov/christianlov_SimBoutique_ClothingRack.rar

http://files.sims2graveyard.com/christianlov/christianlov_SkintoneSelector_severalversions.rar

You click on the clothing rack and choose "Change appearence",You can buy clothes too using the rack.
The skintone selector is a painting,klick on it and choose .
Of course,you can use the Insimenator to change the look of your sim,but it doesn't change the skintone,I think.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:14 am »

thank you two... but it still wont work! i downloaded simpe from that link and it wont open, i tried opening package files with it but it just makes a noise lik theres an error but nothing comes up.. yet it has the simpe icon next to the files but they don't want to work!!!! :S
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:37:41 pm »

Just continuing from the other thread, as not to get it even more off topic.  Sorry for the long quotes.  :angel:

Quote from: killacammy;1134320
FLIPPING HECKKKKKKK MANNNN, genetics still wont work! howwwww does everyone get all their genetics to work, such as the ones i downloaded, like...
-EYES
-EYE SHADOW
-BLUSH
-LIPGLOSS
-ACCESSORIES (such as shades, bags, earrings)
-ANNDDD SKINTONES

!

some of them appear in the thingy when im making a sim, i can see them, but when i click on them they don't work it just sets the thing i clicked on (such as mascara) it to an eye shadow that already comes with the sims and thats rubbish......
eyebrows won't work too, it says the file is in there but when i click on it it gives the sims no eyebrows or just doesn't change from the default setting...
can somebody
PLEASE
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1134883
Did you uncompress the files that they were in?  (.zip/.rar)

Is your downloads folder spelled like this?:  Downloads (Big 'D', little 's')  If it's not spelled like that, then that's the most likely case in why your genetics aren't showing up.  The game can be picky when it comes to the Downloads folder and custom content.  

And have you tried deleting your Groups.cache and Accessory.cache files, then restarting the game?  On a few occasions, that also helps.  
Quote from: killacammy;1140529
Tenshii~Akari..mkay then, it doesn't want to work. thank you for helping me but i deleted those two '.cache' files and it still wont work! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And your Downloads folder is spelled correctly, like I asked above in my first quote?   Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to suggest at the moment... :?

Quote from: killacammy;1140531
...if i put them in the downloads folder, NOTHING will work...but thank you

All normal downloaded custom content is supposed to go in that folder, unless otherwise noted.  (collection files for a set of objects go in "Collections", custom neighborhood terrains files go in "SC4Terrains", etc.)   I'm not sure why your Downloads folder doesn't work with your custom content (if it's spelled correctly) like you say above... when you say "nothing", does the game not work at all or something?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:41:38 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:21:01 pm »

Is your dl. folder located in My doc/EA games/Sims2?

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: