Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:14:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: more recolors (12 random). UPDATE 20/4: new versions of amore outfit in separate post  (Read 21135 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 04:11:18 am »

most of them are in another thread right here.

for the tutorial, well I mostly used one tenshii made (can't say for sure where it went...), and I also asked a lot of questions for bloom... you can see a lot of them in his first bayoutfit thread (the green and white one). I could try to put together something, though, if it's OK for Bloom. The recoloring process is a bit different for his outfits and the outfit Tenshii used in her tutorial. I spent some time learning it, but now it goes automatically. The thing I spend the most time to do, is the actual recoloring in photoshop. making the outfits in SimPE is easy, and is done in a few steps.

and the rest of the amore outfits (nohat and pacifier) are under here

* infantonesie_amore_PACIFIER-and-NOHAT.zip (1033.25 KB - downloaded 176 times.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:45:59 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:02 am »

Tenshii's tutorial is here, for the ones interested. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 06:53:10 am »

there it was Cheesy

ok, the only steps you don't need from it, is the #6 and #12-14, because these outfits don't have an alpha channel. you need a picture editing programme that supports transparent backgrounds, though.

you must also download an outfit that uses the mesh you want to recolor, and open that in SimPE instead of the “(~TA12~)-Diaper_Override.package” mentioned in the tutorial.

And save the texture as png 24 bit, because PNG preserves th texture better than jpg does (if you use photoshop, you can use the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S. Then a window will pop up that lets you save in this format).

in the #9 and 10, use the DXT3 format - because this supports transparent textures.

Just ask me if there's something you don't understand.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:33:41 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
nikki.g

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 01:48:24 am »

You are amazing!! the out fits are so adorable. I wish i was as talented as you are Cheesy

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality i accept!
[/SIZE]
ccook79_05

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 03:22:44 am »

Thanks albinobambi and raven for the tutorials.  Sounds very confusing but practice makes perfect!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: