Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:55:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: no autonomous changing TV channel New Version Available(6/18/06)  (Read 24476 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55:49 pm »

Quote from: leroy
I don't really use any custom TV hacks
Try moving your custom movies to my documents or some where else to see if it fixes that problem with the tv.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:40:49 am by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
leroy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 03:05:04 am »

Ok, I tried to move all my custom movies away, then this hack works fine.

However, I always want my sims to watch the movies I made for them, so I better avoid using this hack...

Anyway, thanks Sqinge, you are the best modder of Sim2, all sims2 players are looking forward to see your further amazing hacks Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 08:34:09 am »

Quote from: leroy
I tried to move all my custom movies away
That is strange i also use custom movies but I am able to change channels, could you zip one of your movies & attach it to your reply? so I can see if it works in my game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:40:28 am by Squinge » Logged

leroy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 09:01:52 am »

Ok, here's it, maybe I will try the hack again later on

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 07:15:20 pm by Squinge » Logged
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 11:48:36 am »

Hello ! It doesn't seem to be working for me. I have all EPs and Family Fun. My Sims keep on changing channel autonomously.
I also have Numenor's "turn off the TV when stop watching" hack in my game. Maybe they aren't compatible ?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 11:51:31 am »

To found out, why not use the hack detection tool that can be found here:  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=8821

But just by the name of it, it does not sound like they are compatible.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 12:00:04 pm »

Quote from: Azureale
Maybe they aren't compatible ?
I just looked at that other mod, if you are using the no autonomous or turn off version of this mod it is not compatible they conflict:)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:44:38 am by Squinge » Logged

Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 03:42:12 pm »

Thank you for replying.

MissDoh, I did use the hack detection tool and it didn't find any conflict (forgot to mention that in my first post).

Squinge, I am using the first version of your hack, the one to just stop Sims changing channel (not the version that prevents sims from truning the tv on & off).

The strange thing is that I am pretty sure the first time I tried your hack, it was working nicely. I installed family fun (and its official patch) a few days ago, maybe it messed up something.
It is not that bad anyway, I can always make them learn cooking with books like before Wink
Frezia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 04:06:44 pm »

Just what I needed!

Thank you very much!

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 07:07:47 pm »

The strange thing
I will test the other version in my game with that other mod & see if it works for me if it doesn't I will make an updated version that will work:) because I also have FFS & its patched.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:45:18 am by Squinge » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 07:59:53 pm »

Thank you for replying.

MissDoh, I did use the hack detection tool and it didn't find any conflict (forgot to mention that in my first post).

Squinge, I am using the first version of your hack, the one to just stop Sims changing channel (not the version that prevents sims from truning the tv on & off).

The strange thing is that I am pretty sure the first time I tried your hack, it was working nicely. I installed family fun (and its official patch) a few days ago, maybe it messed up something.
It is not that bad anyway, I can always make them learn cooking with books like before Wink

I wonder if just by deleting your groups.cache file it would not fix the problem, it does a lot of time.

It can be found in C:/mydocuments/eagames/thesims2 folder.

It is harmless to do so since upon restarting the game it will create a new one.
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:22 am »

Miss Doh, I'll have a go at deleting groups.cache and come back to report.

Squinge, don't waste too much time on it, you are so productive you must already have a lot of work ! Maybe a new groups.cache will help, I will try in the afternoon (Paris time).

And sorry if my english is a bit weird Wink
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 01:54:02 am »

Azureale your English is fine.  Well I speak French too it is my mother's tongue (I am from Quebec, Canada) so from my point of view it looks totally ok. :thumbup:

P.S. Tu peux effacer ton groups.cache régulièrement, particulièrement si tu ajoutes et enlèves beaucoup de "custom stuff" dans ton jeu.  Il n'y a aucun danger, cela a été recommandé par MaxoidTom il y a bien longtemps afin de régler des problèmes que beaucoup de gens expérimentaient dans leur jeu.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:05:05 am by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 11:51:18 am »

Did you try the hack tool to found out if you have conflicting mods in your game?  I posted the link to it a few post above.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 02:00:04 pm »

Quote from: RealUnimportant
I have no EPs
have you tried the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? it may be some other mods confliting with each other.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:46:40 am by Squinge » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: