Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:23:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Free will or not?  (Read 5302 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mitzee
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:44:49 pm »

Just wondering, do you guys play with Free will on or not?
I tend not to but it can be quite a handful. :rabbit:

If this is the wrong place... -shrinksaway-
claireishness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:48:49 pm »

No free will

I used to never have free will off but I tried it once and now I don't really like to play with free will on lol. I suppose if I'm playing one sim on a lot, then I'll start off with free will on.. but then probably switch it after a while Cheesy

"Remember- your most intimate secrets are safe with me... OKAY, WHO ELSE IS DEAD IN BED?" -Homer Simpson

"Behold my naked butt! Each cheek is a God to you!!" -Bart Simpson
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:52:55 pm »

I never turn it off.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:31:50 pm »

Actually, I hate micromanaging the pixelated creations. They do their own thing, and I just watch them, unless there's something interesting going on. They don't like to mix with one another sometimes. Must give them a kick in the pants.
Free Will is on always for me.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:44:24 pm »

usually I play with free will off. I tend to take a lot of pics, and with free will on it's near to impossible to get what I want. but sometimes, I do. i actually saw that aspiration failure-thing (the "talking to ball head" and "Flour bag baby") for the first time only about a week ago. it never comes with free will turned off... so I guess it's some avantages of free will, too.

I play with motive cheats, so if I want free will on, it's easier to take care of them. I got tired of always having to fill the motive bars already back with sims1. it's much funnier not having to think of that.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
maniac19642003
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30:02 pm »

When I played, before having to get rid of it, I always had freewill on all the time and still controlled the little creatures more than letting them do anything on their own and thats having many houses wit 8 sims in the same place.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:35:59 am »

I want freewill on cause the sims can do some amazing things, especially when they are bored. With it on, I can get the most drama going on. Plus I love to watch. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:59:42 am »

Ditto I also like free will on, I don't think I've only turned it off a couple times. Once was when I got the Season's bug where they would just throw the baby down on the ground to see if that would work. It didn't. I'd tell them to lay the baby in the crib and they'd dump it on the floor. The other time was I downloaded a shower/bathtub that I had a sim use. When she went to get out the whole shower came walking out the door with her! The whole shower! I couldn't get her out of it. So I had to turn free will off so she'd stay still long enough for me to delete her. She was getting ready to run to class with that thing on her.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:35:58 am »

Free will is always on for me... I get too frustrated with sims just buggering around doing nothing... and then peeing themselves because they cant go to the bathroom on their own.  WAY better things to do with my time Wink
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:16:38 am »

if I play only to spend a boring afternoon I play with free will attivate
If I play to create a story or to shot a photo I play with free will disattivate

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
Thrior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:54:01 am »

Definitely free will on. They are much more amusing when they do things by their own. And if I played with free will off I would probably end up killing them by accident because I would of course forget them standing somewhere.

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 11:10:37 pm »

Freewill always off.  I love micromanaging my simmies lives.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 10:12:52 am »

Freewill off!!! It annoys me so much lol. I try to make sure my sims are always doing something so they aint just standing about. It just annoys me when I leave it on cause all they do is play in the bath...Sure there must be a mod somewhere to sort it out, but for all the annoying things my sims do, I would be overhacked =P

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 09:27:03 am »

Absolutely, undoubtly, unquestionably! Free will is always ON for me.

I consider personality points useless without free will. Smiley
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 11:19:08 am »

Quote from: Succy;1145715
Absolutely, undoubtly, unquestionably! Free will is always ON for me.

I consider personality points useless without free will. Smiley

Definitely... although even then, in my game at least, a lot of sims (my own or Maxis) will go and do something against their personality traits. Like the sims with none to two nice points who want to make friends, chat with people and hug strangers :lol: Or the sims maxed on nice who pull pranks on random sims and make them cry :?

Anyway. When I'm using the game for storytelling it really needs to be off, but when playing I always have it on. My game is indeed loaded with annoyance fixes and non-auto hacks (not all of them work though!), but it's worth it. Not only can it give me story ideas, but in just playing it's fun to see what they do - and probably owing to the mods, my sims are smart Cheesy They take care of most of their needs without my telling them to, and even the messiest sims clean up the dishes - Ripp still needs to learn to mop up after his showers, but that's another story... :lol:

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: