Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 03:44:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Home, Big Hearts (The Broke Family)  (Read 3977 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The Commodore

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:41:24 pm »

NOTICE: You may now post in this thread and let me know what you think!

I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm doing it again, my way! I've made my own version of the Broke family, and I will be telling their story, even back when Brandi first met her husband! (If you all would like me to make a list here of the custom content used in these Sims, please let me know!)

Table Of Contents:
Chapter 1 : Humble Beginnings
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:49:41 pm by The Commodore » Logged

The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:48:02 pm »

Hello, I'm Brandi Broke. Life has been tough for my sons and I. My husband Stan passed away in a mysterious pool accident a few years ago. Ever since then I've been jumping from job to job, trying to make enough money to support my children. Some days are harder than others, but all in all, we're doing quite well. We may have a small home, but we all have big hearts.

Stan and I met back in our days at Pleasantview High School. Stan was one of the nerdiest kids in school, and was constantly getting bullied. My parents never had a lot of money, but I still managed to be one of the most popular kids in school, due to my charisma and place on the girl's varsity basketball team. One day I asked to leave chemistry to go to the bathroom, and found Stan in the hall. His books were scattered all over the floor, and he appeared to be crying a little. His shirts were usually meticulously tucked in, but today his was wrinkled, dirty and spilling out from under his sweater vest in random places. Even though my friends probably would have hung me out to dry for it, I felt like I had to help him.

"Your name is Stan, right?" I asked, startling him. He looked up with watery eyes.
"Y-yes." I still remember Stan looking up at me like a deer in headlights. "You can just...go wherever you were going. Don't worry about me." I approached Stan, and noticed a little trickle of blood running from his nose.

"No, I can't just walk by someone who's hurt. Who did this to you?" Stan shyed away.
"It doesn't matter. If I tell on them, they'll just do it two times worse tomorrow." I bent over and began to pick up Stan's books. "Don't help me out just because you feel sorry for me."
"That's not why I'm doing it!" I held Stan's monstrous pile of books, pencils and calculators out towards him. "Go in the bathroom and get cleaned up, I'll wait for you out here."

After that day, I realized that Stan was in three of my classes. I would say hello to him in Algebra 2, and sometimes ask him for help on problems I didn't understand, since math was his strongest subject. A few times he even slid his paper closer to the edge of the desk so I could copy! I started approached Stan in the hallways and striking up conversations with him. One particular coversation cemented our friendship.
"Brandi...those guys haven't bothered me since you started talking to me."
"Well, I guess I'll just have to keep hanging around you then!" I smiled and winked, and took hold of his hands.
Stan turned a bright red. "T-thanks."

Just a few weeks later, Stan officially asked me out, and I gladly accepted. I broke some huge barriers in the school that day, and our relationship really shook everybody up. We went to senior prom together, and then continued to date after we graduated. When Stan asked me to marry him in our junior year of college,  I was so happy I could barely contain myself! Of course I said yes - it was one of the happiest days of my life.

TO BE CONTINUED.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:50:12 pm by The Commodore » Logged

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:31:31 pm »

I really love what you've done to make her life sound great at the beginning.I never would have made that kind of beginning of Brandi's life because I never would have had thought about that Cheesy

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:20:27 pm »

i agree with Hidden~Secret, its a very nice take on the whole thing.  Cant wait to see what you post next. Smiley

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:06:25 pm »

WOW!!!!!!!!!MORE MORE MORE!More!Or I will start a riot.Hehehehe

Everytime We Touch is a 5 star movie!Best ever!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKpaZFMsC4
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 03:18:09 am »

soo sweet!

xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »

please continue!! it's a great story

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 08:03:14 pm »

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed it so far! I'm on vacation right now - when I get home, I will start working on the next chapter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: