Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:00:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoring/Renaming Neighborhoods  (Read 1471 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
melscape

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2008, 12:09:19 am »

I have a friend who deleted pleasantview and all the other Maxis hoods and then plays in custom neighborhoods.

Now she wants to restore Pleasantview and we've found the instructions on how to get it from the Program Files section. The only issue is her custom neighborhood is already named N001 and so is Pleasantview.

I haven't found anything that tells me whether or not she can just rename her custom 'hoods to N004 or something? Is that possible? Or is there a more complicated process involve?

Thank you in advance.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:51:12 am »

She has to renumber her modified 'hood(completely, all files), in order to get the original back into the game as N001-otherwise it will do bad things to the game.
What I did to get more than one Pleasantview into the game is not fun, or easy..I created a new neighborhood layout-with a new numbered hood, and moved every single family into it. Be warned, though, doing this does destroy the memories and connections between the families, and you will have to start them from the beginning. But it does work-best if you have a small number of families, too.

melscape

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:38:42 pm »

Well, she said she might not mind starting all over with her legacy so I guess I'll tell her that might be the easiest thing to do. I'm not sure she'll want to rename ALL her files but I'll give the heads up that that might be what she has to do. Thanks.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 02:53:50 pm »

Here's the method I've used in the past to resore an older saved game. In this way you can have multiple Pleasantviews if you want.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1511.0.html

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: