Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:35:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Span?  (Read 3753 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pikkonoloidlee

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:11:12 am »

I've been writing for some time now but I've never done a sim story and it seemed like a fun idea to step into. So I was just wondering how much is too much as fas as words go. Is there a certain range for readers where if it gets past that they lose interest and don't really feel like continuing. If I try to stay up under 1,500-2,000 will I be okay?

thanks in advance! :love7:

BTW, if you're wondering it's about a pianist looking for fame and not quite making it. (or does she!? :smt119 ---Seriously, she doesn't :smt120 )
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »

I think that if you make your story interesting enough (reasonable good pics and likewise good storytelling) you'll get readers quick. short stories can be as good as long stories, too. the length of a story isn't the most important. you can make a long story that after a while just turn boring only because of the length. I usually read stories if they give a good first impression (that be pics or storytelling) and starts out in a way that make me read on.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
pikkonoloidlee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:30:08 pm »

thanks, I'll keep that in mind Smiley
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »

Thanks for bringing this up, TC.
I'm probably gonna have a worse time than you with keeping the audience's attention, seeing as my first original story is divided into a trilogy.
Can I bounce my ideas off of you? Please?
(NOTE: The PM will be a moderately long read.)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:48:54 pm »

one more thing - some people hate it, but if you end chapters with something exciting, people will always wait patiently for the next chapter Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 03:29:11 pm »

Some people have short attention spans,some don't.Even people who do have short attention spans might read your story if it's exciting.Or tragic,in my case.Yes,I have a short attention span.It gets shorter every year,unfortunately. Sad

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: