Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:00:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I cant find a place for this to go, but please help me.  (Read 2921 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simcat06

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:50:20 pm »

Hi I just want to say Im sorry cause I dont know where to put this.
I recently asked a WCIF question for a dress that I have been looking for, and scalad helped me find my dress and she gave me the link and the website for the mesh.  Which I then downloaded into my Downloads folder.
Anyways I went onto game and the dress was a Maxis dress which of course means that it didnt work and something is wrong with the mesh (correct me if Im wrong). So I re-downloaded the mesh, still nothing. So I asked Vitasims if they knew if there was anything wrong with the dress, no there wasnt and she gave me the link back to the mesh which is here
So I re-downloaded it again and used Winrar instead of winzip, and it comes up saying its a corrupt file. And when its extracted, I go to look in the folder and nothing is there. So Ive been wanting to ask the website owner for some help, but the site is in German, I tried translating the page but I cant ask the person for any help. So if anyone could please help me like either downloading it themselves and sending it to me(if thats possible) or if someone who speaks German could please help me, I would be so thankful!!
I have to go now seeing as its time for bed but please help me!!

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:36 pm »

Did you try downloading it again? I've had similar things happen to me before and redownloading it often fixed the problem.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:55:21 pm »

Yeh I have around 5 times now, but whenever I unzip it it says its a corrupt file, and nothing is in the folder afterwards....= S

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:39 am »

If it's a corrupt file I wouldn't take it into my game.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:41:31 am »

Then it's a problem with the file itself and not the downloading process. I would let the creator know about it so it can be replaced with a non-corrupt file.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:03:21 pm »

I just downloaded it, and tested it in BS. It worked just fine so I went into the game and it's fine. Are you using a download manager? A lot of people use Biene's meshes for wedding gowns.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:06:57 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:45:40 pm »

good thinking. If you're using a download manager try disabling it and trying again.

simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 02:11:01 pm »

Hi, a download manager? I have Sims2Pack CleanInstaller but thats all I really use. If it is what I need to uninstall it how do I do it??...Its just even in the folder there is no mesh in there. Winrar and Winzip unzipped the folder but there is no mesh in there because its a corrupt file, just an empty folder. Thanks for helping me out btw. I really appreciate it.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

No, don't delete Clean Installer. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you through email. Maybe that will work for you. Don't post your email in the forum and don't delete things. lol Just a thought but what EP's do you have? It could require an EP you don't have. Never mind that wouldn't give you an empty zip, doh.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:44:24 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 03:58:53 pm »

Thankyou Pegasus Diana!

GroovyGran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:46 am »

Hi, I know this reply is probably too late, but I have been reading the posts with a problem of my own when I spotted your problem.
I had the same problem for quite some time downloading custom content and kept getting corrupt file error messages. I tried winrar, winzip etc.
Then I was helped by Eedgan from mod the sims and she told me to try the free download tool on this link, as it works better for smaller files or slower computers.
It works GREAT and I use it all the time now to download my sims stuff
Here's the Link

http://www.download.com/Free-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10301621.html?tag=lst-3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: