Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:18:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ugh. ANOTHER issue with my game >.< [PROBLEM FIXED]  (Read 985 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xgreydovex

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:40:45 pm »

it was working perfectly fine over the weekend, but for the past two days it wont work.  It loads to the neighborhood selection screen, and when i click on a neighborhood it acts normal. but then the music fades out and the mouse stops turning - which isn't abnormal because the game always does that- but then the mouse turns to the normal white one and it exits the game. Body shop wasn't working either.  So i took out my newest downloads, which didn't work. but then i took out the new default replacements i installed (cell phones, pet eyes, and game systems) and so now body shop works, but the game still doesn't get past the neighborhood loading screen.  Then i took out the entire downloads folder, and still no dice.
any suggestions?
i could re-install the game, but i haven't saved any back up files in a while so i would loose tons of my sims, lots, and the such. and i really dont want to do that. so are there any other options you could think of?

EDIT: i just realised that there are bodyshop files located in my C:\Documents and Settings\xgreydovex\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder....is that a problem?  I dont remember them being there before.

EDIT2: never mind everyone, i managed to fix it myself after i looked at another thread.....turns out those bodyshop files actually were the problem.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:40:58 pm by xgreydovex » Logged

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: