Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:50:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New BV Patch Released...  (Read 5041 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:35:06 pm »

I ran into this at Snooty Sims (first news item) while surfing today: http://www.snootysims.com/ ~ there's evidently a new BV Patch but not through EA for some reason. Their link'll take you to GamersHell: http://www.gamershell.com/news/45554.html ~ the actual info as to what the patch addresses is here: http://www.gamershell.com/infosheets/397724.html

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:33:27 am »

I had all patches instaled but they never did any good to me so I deleted them all  and there is no diference in the game.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:18:48 pm »

Something isn't right I don't think this is an official patch. It says it won't work on any existing lots or Sims if they have bugs. You'll have to delete the family and reset the neighborhood. That doesn't sound like EA. Gamers Hell said the patch comes from the Patches Scrolls not EA. The Patches Scrolls say on their site that they are the premiere source for bug free gaming. I think they made this patch themselves? lol I went to EA and couldn't find a link in the patch section for an update or to this site. Anyone else ever downloaded one of their patches?

Ok I went and read all the information. The first patch lists EA as the author of the patch the second one doesn't have anyone listed. Think it's safe? I don't want to have to reinstall BV for a 4th time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:33:11 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:44:14 pm »

I wouldn't chance it. No, EA isn't doing the best job of keeping their games bug-free, but I still wouldn't use a non-EA patch.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:51:37 pm »

I think I agree I was going to wait about a half hour and call EA tech support (I never email them) to ask them. But I think I'll just pass till EA announces it.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 01:01:25 pm »

miros1 over on the adult site thought that they had a patch included into "Teen Style Stuff" and that possibly this is an extracted file of that. I can neither confirm nor deny this, I was just putting this out for comments and general news, at no point did I state that this was an "official" patch... Wink
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:06:26 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 01:15:42 pm »

No you didn't, but I stated I don't think it is. It could be? Just made me nervous when it didn't have an author listed and only one download.

Edit ok I called EA tech support and this is an official patch. It just hasn't been posted on their site yet.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:24:29 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »

I didn't get it myself either, PD, I guess there's some discussion over at MATY as to it being a possible fake, I haven't been over there to read anything as of yet. I'm sure lack of D/L's reflects people's reluctancy to trust it...

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:27:04 pm »

No, you didn't state it was, hardwaretoad Smiley. I realize that. I was just offering my comments on it. I think if was an official patch it would be on the EA site.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 01:46:30 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1136449
It says it won't work on any existing lots or Sims if they have bugs. You'll have to delete the family and reset the neighborhood. That doesn't sound like EA.

Ok I went and read all the information. The first patch lists EA as the author of the patch the second one doesn't have anyone listed. Think it's safe? I don't want to have to reinstall BV for a 4th time.

Actually, you shouldn't be concerned. Maxis does use that disclamier on its PATCHES.

Mark gave me the heads up on PATCH 2 but I told him I would not link it in the Hack Thread unless it was linked to TS2. Now I am relieved and wait on Maxis.

TY PegasusDiana

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 02:03:47 pm »

From what I understand, this IS an "Official EA Patch" ~ EA's simply not updated their own site to offer it. PD actually called EA and they evidently confirmed it to her... Wink

I can't imagine them lagging behind when it comes to patching their bug riddled games though... :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:17:02 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

spiegelsplitter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:40 pm »

The patch is official. You can also download it at the German Sims2 site (http://www.diesims2.de/pages.view_frontpage.asp) and there's also a German list of the things it is supposed to fix.
However I have one neighborhood that I use for testing and the game crashed while loading it.:smt120 So I recommend you back up everything you like if you think you need to install the patch.
It is possible though thats it is a specific problem with my game that behaved quite strange after installing Bon Voyage. I had really weired neiborhood issues where the Lots from the Nightlife City would end up on the Bon Voyage Island.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 12:45:34 pm »

I think people should wait till the patch is available from Maxis. I find it odd that while it is claimed to be "official" by EA, Maxis has not put it up on the main Site for two days. The patch available at TS2 is still the first one. I really caution people to be patient and wait for it to be officially added to the main Site. What happened to Reddish worries me. So far my game ain't (so) broke  and I ain't gonna "fix" it!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 01:13:03 pm »

See this is what concerned me after I talked to EA tech support yesterday. I know they've gotten a lot of bad PR. But it concerned me as to why they would release a patch and not on the official site. If they're unsure as to weather or not this patch will crash people's games, etc...something that hasn't been tested properly. A) Why release it in the first place? B) Why are they once again releasing a faulty product to the GP?; and in such a way. There is an obvious reason as to why they haven't released it on the official site, yet have released it on game sites.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:35:37 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 11:37:46 am »

It's probably just their (EA) standard practice of using the unsuspecting public as their guinea pigs/beta testers like usual. Like I said, I haven't installed it and won't unless it goes up on the official site and even then I'll more than likely wait to see what kind of game destroying things that one has wrong with it...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: