Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:57:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A strange file?  (Read 1693 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:06 am »

I hope this is the right place to ask this. Okay, so, I did a complete spring cleaning to my downloads folder and as I was going through the nameless files - the ones that have only a long string of numbers - I found a strange file. The Delphy's download organizer says the file type is "Replacement" but I have no idea what kind. It's file size is 6,64 MT. All my defaults and such are in their own folders, so it's not something that I have knowingly downloaded. Here's the file name(numbers):

dc0fd099af47c9493646a778dd7e3c

I know that this is a long shot but if anyone recognizes this file and tells me what unearth it is, I would be very grateful. Thank you. :h3lp:

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 06:02:05 pm »

I think you got the new bodyshop bug,please take a look at Beos tread

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=63174

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:46:25 pm »

Well, reading about that bug was actually the thing that got me do the whole spring cleaning in the first place. I found around 500 odd files but this one was the only one that was marked as "replacement". I don't have simPE, so can't check it out that way and that's why I was curious if anyone else have this particular file. I really didn't want to throw it away without knowing what it is first. :smile:

Edit: Darn. I read the tread again, just to be sure, and someone also found same kind of file type, even if not with the same code. I don't know how I missed that at the first time. :doh: I guess I just have to believe that my file is one of those junk files and toss it in the trash.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:08:54 pm by Sierra » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 12:43:56 am »

Yeah... those files will come with some random sims if you aren't careful.  I've noticed this in a good number of the sims I've downloaded that were made and packaged in BV Bodyshop.  Some people didn't know what it was and left it in, thinking it was possibly makeup or something... but the most noticeable thing should be the actual file size of the sims2pack.  If it seems ridiculously bigger than it should be for some reason, those cloned "Sims06.package" files with the funky numbers should be sought out for and deleted while the sim package is open in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer.  They can definitely gobble up some space and gameplay quality on some people's computers.  :lol:

Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:27:36 am »

Oh yes, the file size matched perfectly and now I have found even more of those darn files. The funny thing is that I always use Clean Installer to put sims into my game but never have noticed those files in there. Hmm, I think it's time to get glasses. Cheesy Oh well, one problem solved. :smile:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: