Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:56:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeps crashing before I even get a chance to play!  (Read 7144 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:43:36 pm »

Ugh!!!!

My game keeps freezing before I even get a chance to get to the neighborhood. So whenever I click on a neighborhood, once it gets to the loading screen after a minute it crashes. It has happened every single time, which every single neighborhood. This has occurred 6 times. Yes I actually continued to restart the game that many times. So then I tried to make a new neighboorhood but once it got to the "Exotic Destinations" loading screen, it crashed. THIS happened twice.

I have restarted my game 8 times within like an hour, and I am finally giving up. Someone please help!
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:30:51 am »

have u downloaded a hack???  that happen to me before.
think of the last thing u downloaded.
try taking your Download folder out and delete Group Cache file.
Start the game up and don't login the neighborhood, login out the game and put your download folder back in,restart the game back up and let group cache file regenerate it self.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:14:22 am »

Try pulling out your downloads folder and see if your game runs fine without cc. If so, then something you've installed in your game is the culprit.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »

I tried deleting the last things I downloaded after the last time I played the game when it was working. That didn't work.

They were both sims that I installed using the clean installer, I just deleted them. I dont know if you had to somehow like unstall it or what.

This is really making me mad Sad Theres a contest I really want to enter and the deadline is ending soon. I just want to get my game working again because I can't even play it. I dont know what else to do.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 10:15:25 pm »

Quote from: geezy33;1136187
Start the game up and don't login the neighborhood, login out the game and put your download folder back in,restart the game back up and let group cache file regenerate it self.

Where do I find the group cache file?
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:01:49 pm »

Someone PLEASE help me!! Sad This is so frustrating because I cant even play my freaking game.

(Eh I didnt realize this was a triple post. Sorry)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:15:32 am »

Try pulling your entire downloads folder. It's possible something you've had in there has gotten corrupted, and please be patient. Not everyone who can help is online when you are.

Go into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2. You'll see some files there you can safely delete. Any one of them can corrupt and cause problems. They are:

Accessory.cache
cigen.package
Groups.cache

Other things you can try are to istall and run the Hack Conflict Utility (Sims 2>Programs) to see if there is something you have not getting along with something else. You can try updating your drivers. Also, what are your computer specs? If your game is generating an error log you'll find it in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs. Look for the latest exception error log and post it here as an attachment. That's everything I can think of at the moment.

ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 08:39:11 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1137578
Try pulling your entire downloads folder. It's possible something you've had in there has gotten corrupted, and please be patient. Not everyone who can help is online when you are.

Go into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2. You'll see some files there you can safely delete. Any one of them can corrupt and cause problems. They are:

Accessory.cache
cigen.package
Groups.cache

Other things you can try are to istall and run the Hack Conflict Utility (Sims 2>Programs) to see if there is something you have not getting along with something else. You can try updating your drivers. Also, what are your computer specs? If your game is generating an error log you'll find it in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs. Look for the latest exception error log and post it here as an attachment. That's everything I can think of at the moment.

So I can try and delete those three and see if it works?
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »

it would help if we knew your computer specs too
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 10:29:24 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1137578

Accessory.cache
cigen.package
Groups.cache

I tried that Conflict Utility thing and it said I had 0 conflicts.

"Report Start 2/15/2008 10:34:15 PM

End Of Report

0 possible conflicts detected."

Here is the latest exception error:

* Sims2Exception 2008.02.15 19.58.18.txt (9.85 KB - downloaded 141 times.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:35:32 pm by ThexVillain » Logged
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:52 am »

Quote from: geezy33;1136187

I tried that. It didn't work.

When I tried it without CC, it didn't actually crash. It just...stopped. Right after the first loading screen it just X'd out without actually like "crashing" I guess. That happened twice.

Sad
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 06:47:04 am »

this is Why I don't download other people's sims, they are connected to Bon voyage, this game has a Bug in it, If I was u, I would unstall BV, I'm glad I don't own that Exp pack.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 10:37:51 am »

I have two expansion packs. Nightlife and Bon Voyage.

Do you think I should try put in the disk for Nightlife and play that and see if it works?

I don't know if I want to risk uninstalling BV yet because I paid like $50 for it. If I uninstalled it would I lose my CC and the sims i've downloaded/installed?

I think this is possibly from the sims I installed because I was playing the game fine a few days ago. Then I install two new Sims. Then, when I went to play my game thats when everything was crashing and freezing.

Is there a way to uninstall things you've installed with the Sims 2 Clean Installer? I know I have tried deleting the files but i dont know if they were actually uninstalled.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 09:02:40 pm »

Anyone have any other suggestions?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:35 pm »

I'm going to ask you one more time to be patient and stop bumping your post. Everyone has their own lives outside of the sims and this site.

Now, I've taken a look at your exception log and I see you have the infamous 0xC0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION error. I call it infamous because on average I help one person a day with this problem. This is linked to a RAM issue and can be caused by a number of reasons. It can be faulty RAM, an incorrect or corrupt driver or even adware. Looking further down on your log, I see this:

System memory: 512 Megabytes total, 40 Megabytes free.

The sims requires 512 mb of FREE memory to run. You have 512 mb to run your whole system, according to this, and with background tasks, etc running, you've got only 40mb free to run the game.

carlymichelle asked you for this, and I would like to see this too: what are your computer specs?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:01:22 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: