Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:18:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeps crashing before I even get a chance to play!  (Read 7259 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57:37 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1141915
I'm going to ask you one more time to be patient and stop bumping your post. Everyone has their own lives outside of the sims and this site.

Now, I've taken a look at your exception log and I see you have the infamous 0xC0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION error. I call it infamous because on average I help one person a day with this problem. This is linked to a RAM issue and can be caused by a number of reasons. It can be faulty RAM, an incorrect or corrupt driver or even adware. Looking further down on your log, I see this:

System memory: 512 Megabytes total, 40 Megabytes free.

The sims requires 512 mb of FREE memory to run. You have 512 mb to run your whole system, according to this, and with background tasks, etc running, you've got only 40mb free to run the game.

carlymichelle asked you for this, and I would like to see this too: what are your computer specs?

Sorry. I haven't been able to play my game for a week and its really starting to frustrate me and make me impactient. Thanks again for helping.

* DxDiag2.txt (41.58 KB - downloaded 116 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:10 pm »

I understand your frustration, Villain. When things don't work it gets harder and harder to be patient and trust things will get fixed, but it's a necessary evil since we all spend our time here on a volunteer basis.

Your computer runs on integrated graphics, that looks to me like the root of the problem. I also need to correct myself...I mentioned earlier you need 512 mb of free memory, but you need 256 mb of free memory to run the game. Your latest attached report shows 248 mb free. Not quite enough.

My suggestion is to upgrade your RAM and your video card. I'd like to be able to say it's a simple fix, like clicking a button or removing a corrupted piece of cc, sorry.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 10:33:54 pm »

Do think if I tried to uninstall Bon Voyage, it might work again? And then if after I upgraded my video card and RAM, I could try and reinstall it?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »

You can upgrade your computer without uninstalling the games, but if you want to uninstall it and start fresh again after you upgrade, you can do that too. Either way, do make sure to back your game up.

ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 10:41:44 pm »

Okay I have just a few more questions.

How do I upgrade my RAM and video card? And exactly how much would it cost to do so. Sorry i'm not very computer savvy =P

Thanks for all of your help! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Hopefully upgrading my RAM will allow me to play the game again.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 10:52:15 pm »

That's not a problem. I'm glad to help. You have a Dell right? My suggestion would be to get in touch with them about upgrading your computer. They'll be able to help you.

ThexVillain

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 08:28:08 pm »

Is RAM the same as memory?

And how much RAM/Memory should I get in order to get my game working again?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:32:58 pm by ThexVillain » Logged
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 11:27:46 pm »

go to crucial.com and it will tell you what your computer needs to upgrade.. hope that helps

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:40 am »

I seriously would suggest you don't go any lower than 1 gb of RAM and, yes, RAM is the same as memory. 1gb might seem a bit much, but you'll notice a huge difference in they way your game plays. For your video card, I would go with something that has at least a 256mb card--512 if you can afford it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: