Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:54:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobia: Pride & Prejudice - Chapter Twenty-four  (Read 152080 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2008, 04:56:03 pm »

*eyes Tank with crossed arms*

Tank: Sorry... couldn't help it...

Anyway... yeah, I've been there too. Never done it out loud though :lol:

No requests please
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »

Well, I have conversations with my sims all the time, and I'm yet to start doing them out loud. It's nothing to be ashamed of, really! Wink

P.S. I'd love to know who Ripp's first time was with!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:10:01 pm by CynaraBlade » Logged

:blob6:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2008, 07:40:36 pm »

We're talking about arguing with ourselves, not talking with our sims Wink Although I do that too, admittedly Wink

Re: Ripp, you'll find out soon enough. I think for now he's had enough of the limelight, don't you? Wink

No requests please
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2008, 05:50:31 pm »

I just had to post my ramblings of admiration for you here xD
Having never played any of the Maxis 'hoods or sims ever (shocking I know, feel free to throw rotten fruit at me) I didn't really feel a certain connection to the well-known characters you are writing about that other players do. But after 10 chapters, I feel like they are my best pixel buddies! So congratz to you Smiley
I came across Leo Sedoni's story whilst wandering the empty corridors of cyberspace and quickly became addicted to your style. I still love that story and hope that one day your imagination will decide to go a wanderin' in that direction once more, but Xenophobia is just as brilliant, if not better! :-P
I really enjoy just sitting down and reading your stories whenever I get a spare minute, it's like escaping to another world! You are a fabulous writer, I want more updates! Looking forward to what happens next! xD

P.S. Sorry for the novel, it was intended to be a quick "Great stories, you're great, have a nice day" type thing, but I'm in an expressive and waffly mood... Oh! Waffles! *Wanders off*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 05:53:17 pm by ImpishParody » Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2008, 06:49:47 pm »

Aaaaaw, thanks so much! Cheesy Heh, it took me a long time to get interested in any of the 'hoods, still don't play the others, so it's not so bad Wink Good to know I've made the characters engaging enough to win your hearts Wink

Ah yes, Leo.. I do have plans for him in the future. Only problem is the time between that and what's just happened, gonna have to think how I'll bridge the gap - that's the big hurdle for me at the moment Undecided In the meantime I've got these guys jabbering at me from all sides, so.. :lol:

Thanks so much for your comments, it's really encouraging me to pursue this dream I've had for a while to be a pro. writer Smiley

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2008, 12:43:06 pm »

Have you ever tried having anything published, Sadie?  I bet you could achieve that dream pretty quickly - you have a great imagination and a polished style.  Your love scenes are always really beautiful - with just enough detail for a reader to really feel like they're in the moment, but not too much so people get grossed out.  I try to write love scenes and the words just escape me.  Mine either sound like a cheesy Harlequinesque type scene, or borderline erotica, which is not what I'm aiming for!

Hey - you could write an alien romance novel, lol!  That would be cool.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »

Thanks so much! :toothy7: I really am floating among the clouds right now, so nice to come back from Uni and find such lovely remarks Smiley Answering your question, not yet, this kind of thing is actually good practice for me. Romance definitely seems to be my forte for some reason - call it being a romantic or just wishful thinking :lol: The weird thing is, I love fantasy but writing it is a different matter, at least for now :dontknow: Haha, alien romance novel sounds good :lol: Or maybe alien vampire romance (remember Andy? Wink), that'd be a first Wink Aaaanyway... finally got to install FT, now puzzling over why Johnny's not getting music enthusiasm from his guitar practice :? Bet it's a hack issue, usually is...

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2008, 02:55:23 pm »

You're very welcome!  We all have our strengths and weaknesses.  I struggle greatly with romance - not romance, per se, but sex scenes.  But I love fantasy - especially if they involve elves and violence!  I love writing descriptive violence, lol  I wonder what that says about me?

Most likely a hack.  I had that problem when I installed BV - my teleport hack interfered with sims' ability to do anything regarding the ground.  So they couldn't dig for treasure, make sandcastles, comb for seashells, sunbathe.  Luckily, there was an updated version so that was easy.  I hope you find the problem quickly - I hate when things aren't working right.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2008, 04:20:31 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1194395
Aaaaaw, thanks so much! Cheesy Heh, it took me a long time to get interested in any of the 'hoods, still don't play the others, so it's not so bad Wink Good to know I've made the characters engaging enough to win your hearts Wink

Ah yes, Leo.. I do have plans for him in the future. Only problem is the time between that and what's just happened, gonna have to think how I'll bridge the gap - that's the big hurdle for me at the moment Undecided In the meantime I've got these guys jabbering at me from all sides, so.. :lol:

Thanks so much for your comments, it's really encouraging me to pursue this dream I've had for a while to be a pro. writer Smiley

Yay for updates! xD Don't rush that hurdle hun, I know from experience if you write to fill public demand on something you're not ready for; love becomes hate and creativity becomes a chore.
Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't realise! xD

Lol, I love it when creativity hits you over the head with a big rock, embrace it girl! :-P I've no doubt you'll achieve that dream of becoming a prof. writer, this stuff rules! :blob6:
I love romantic novels and scenes, yours especially, I'm a sucker for a happy ending :-P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:23:03 pm by ImpishParody » Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2008, 01:27:34 pm »

@IP: LOL Yeah, tell me about it. Same reason I haven't touched Brotherly Love for ages x_x People have been nagging me about it though, it's a pleasant surprise that they've even been missed Smiley I'll have to get a lot braver with my existing characters - well, I certainly will be with Leo, but that's later... Wink Thanks for your comments again! Cheesy

@AF: It was a hack! Atvera's custom instruments hack, to be exact :? Makes me glad now I keep the storytelling game separate - and why Numenor's AGS is a must-have for me these days! Johnny's gonna have to make do with a Maxis guitar in my playable game, but when going in for pics I don't need to worry about building enthusiasm Wink I do believe I've finally nailed what broke the walk to lot feature, too - here's hoping.

Right, now everything's back into place - and with the new FT anim. box downloaded - I should be back on track to get some pics pretty soon. More head-hopping; good news for those of you wanting to get back inside Buzz's mind for a bit Wink

No requests please
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2008, 02:52:36 pm »

Speaking of Brotherly Love...
*pokes*  I miss it too, Sadie.  But I'm content with this story for now.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2008, 01:18:27 pm »

I figured it was.  That's usually the cause of things not working right.  I'm so glad you found it - good deal!  Okay, what is Numenor's AGS?

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2008, 03:58:47 pm »

AGS = AnyGameStarter Wink

No requests please
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2008, 07:26:51 pm »

what was it that broke the walk to lot? i haven't been able find why mine is borked.oh btw great story

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »

(I'm in the middle of an update, BTW...)

There's a mod on SexySims2 that changes the wording of Woohoo to something better. Only trouble is, it's been reported to break the walk to lot function in BV. I haven't tried walking to lots since removing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was that.

Glad you're enjoying the story anyway Smiley

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: