Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 07:36:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobia: Pride & Prejudice - Chapter Twenty-four  (Read 153907 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2008, 09:19:04 am »

Great update hun! That chapter had a lot of emotion in it :-P
The flashbacks were really well done, I love how to take and edit the photos Wink
Can't wait to see what will happen with Tank's newfound skills and the mystery surrounding Lyla!
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2008, 12:39:56 am »

O hay.:rabbit:

SO.  I was on Pandora today....Dropkick Murphy's channel.  And this popped up.  And you know?  The first person I thought of was Tank.  So you should show that to him, I think he might...I dunno.  Don't know if he'd "like" it, but it would speak to him.  And I threw the lyrics on my journal.  If you guys want them.

How's Ripp doing, by the way?

The Sims 2: We're Not for Everyone, But Then 'Everyone' is a Pretty Unrealistic Demographic
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2008, 06:09:56 am »

@Impish: Thanks! It was meant to be emotional Wink Glad you like the way I handled the flashback Smiley More on Lyla in a while, and as for Tank... he has a lot to get out of his system, that's for sure. Who knows what will happen... Wink

@Hooligan: Thanks for that! I did show Tank, moved the poor kid to tears Sad Once he dried his eyes though, he vowed to show that to his father some day... oh, he says thanks for finding the lyrics, by the way Wink Ripp? He's still in hospital at the moment, pretty fed up as you can imagine; you'll see him in a little while Smiley

No requests please
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2008, 04:55:22 pm »

Hoolign: Wow, that does remind of the guys in here.  Kind of scary.
Work it into the story, Sadie!  I'm sure you could.  Wink  *laugh*

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2008, 07:06:51 pm »

Aww nooooo!! Damn you woman, you're giving me ideas! :lol: Not the song itself of course, but still... *glances at Tank* Hey, easy tiger, I've still got a few weeks of Uni left Tongue

No requests please
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2008, 07:19:04 pm »

That's part of my job.
Wink

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2008, 01:18:33 am »

Oh by the way!  I forgot to mention a while back and I only just remembered:  Since it's set in America, keep in mind we have no free health care here--when he gets out of the hospital, *somebody's* gotta get a bill.  And administration doesn't like to let you leave without you paying them something, through insurance or whichever.

Hell, I'm still paying off the bills from when I dropped my bed on my foot.  That was the ugliest, most expensive boot I ever bought. XD

The Sims 2: We're Not for Everyone, But Then 'Everyone' is a Pretty Unrealistic Demographic
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:02 am »

Ouch, thanks for telling me! Hmm... more research in order, methinks... *walks off thinking*

ETA: One bit of research pulled this up - I'll never complain about charges here ever again! :pale:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:13:28 am by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2008, 10:08:48 am »

Yeah, it's a big fat bummer.  Insurance companies are the bottom feeders of society.  And health care is outrageous.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2008, 11:35:23 am »

Okay... gonna have to do some re-writing... *sigh* Oh well, back to the drawing board... :lol:

No requests please
sims2rul3z

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2008, 12:31:42 pm »

Oh.My.PLUMBOB!I almost died when I read this!How cruel people can be... Sad

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
sjam

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2008, 01:42:48 pm »

Can't wait for an update...awesome as always! Cheesy

*bribes with cookies*

'There's no difference between stupid and charming with you, is there?'

See my simmie guys and gals here!
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »

Yeah, there are reasons I'm looking into moving out of the county.  Problem is, I can't find anywhere with a warm climate and enough social freedom.  I've considered both England and Canada, but both of those are kinda cold, and it sucks living with post-nasal drip.

Haha, I feel bad that I inspired a rewrite though. XD  I just know it's one of the things that people from outside this country forget a lot.  And actually, if you want any information beforehand, you can always ask.  I've been here my whole life, so...yeah.  Yankee-picker at your service. :lurk:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2008, 10:50:54 pm »

LOL Thanks Cheesy It wasn't just the bills - in fact that would have been easy enough to slip in as is. It was other things; further research exposed glaring faults in future chapters, and I'm not talking about the bills >_<

No requests please
sims2rul3z

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2008, 09:48:43 am »

Quote from: kcbanana;1205177
Can't wait for an update...awesome as always! Cheesy

*bribes with cookies*

I don't think she'll fall for that.A story takes time to write.I should know.It took me over a month to write chapter 1 of the Flower Legacy(at sims2.com).Plus,the house went crappy at the start of chapter 2.But me?I'd need real cookies as a bribe,not virtual ones!(But this smilie seems to like eating virtual,cursor-shaped cookies!:tongue8:And this one's cannabalistic!:yummy:)

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: