Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:59:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobia: Pride & Prejudice - Chapter Twenty-four  (Read 152220 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:56 am »

Ooh. Much as I understand Tanks' feelings, this is probably not the moment for a pounding. Not a good introduction to the folk who you're hoping to help you.

And Steph had better tread carefully, though Buzz may not react as badly as everyone fears...
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2008, 03:36:39 am »

Buzz is currently clueless, so I don't think anyone has to worry about Stephen very much.

The Sims 2: We're Not for Everyone, But Then 'Everyone' is a Pretty Unrealistic Demographic
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2008, 10:30:47 am »

Great update!
I just love this story(:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:06 pm »

Thank you all so much! Cheesy It's lovely to come on here and find all these nice comments, especially given the week I've had, so thanks for making me feel better :group hu:

I'm loving all these observations, too Smiley Lessee...

@Music: Me too - they're so good together :love2: And Ripp in particular has so much potential story material, I just couldn't help myself :angel: I'm so happy to see others connect with them so well, and to see what's going on in their minds; Ripp is indeed vulnerable right now, but next chapter - perhaps not surprisingly - you'll see a very different side to him Wink

@steelguy: Well spotted, on both counts. No more shall be said on either for the time being - that'll all come in the following chapters Wink

@Hooligan: Again, well spotted. As may have been seen in previous chapters, he has more important things to worry about right now.

@2B: You wouldn't be the only one either - whether or not that includes Tank remains to be seen; for all his changes so far, he still has quite a temper on him when it comes to certain things.

Thanks again for your feedback Smiley I'll try not to leave it so long next time...

No requests please
Trickygirl93
Twilight's Maniac!

Team Jakedward!

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2008, 07:57:52 pm »

Oh dear Sadie, I LOVE this story......
It's sooooooooo good, that I can't barely wait for the next update......

PD: I love Johnny, he must give my bf some classes about ''how to treat your loved one''...

Visit my new GLBT contest: Could I be the ONE??, in ISA!
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2008, 10:26:22 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1408276
Thank you all so much! Cheesy It's lovely to come on here and find all these nice comments, especially given the week I've had, so thanks for making me feel better :group hu:

Thanks again for your feedback Smiley I'll try not to leave it so long next time...

You're welcome! Cheesy (even though I only comment once in a blue moon @_@ need to start being more active about that Dx) It's always nice to read the reader's comments Cheesy Gives such a nice warm feeling to ya ^_^ I always feel better when I see a new comment.

Hm - don't have much to say at the moment, well - except for maybe ... KICK HIS *** TANK! >:3 Lol - yeah, poor Ripp, he has to deal with so much - and probably seeing the guy who raped him after all that can't be good for the poor soul *cuddles*

And don't worry about leaving us hanging for long Wink I shouldn't have to tell you that rush jobs never work :happy8: 'sides - it's ALWAYS worth the wait, when the story is good Wink

I'm lurking... do not distrub the lurking... :smt106
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2008, 11:33:21 am »

whoa!  It's taken me a few mornings and coffee refills to finally finish reading this all from start to finish.  Well done Sadie.  I have to say it gets better with each chapter.
Now that I'm caught up I'm really looking forward to an update.

Your characters look beautiful.  Pictures are awesome.   I can see how different Dustin is in your story vs. mine now.  
I'm a little confused with the ghost angle but I'm sure it get clearer as you go on.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2008, 01:20:28 pm »

Aw, thanks for the comments guys Smiley

@tricky: Awwww Sad I could think of a few people who could benefit from his lessons though..

@AS: It's not so much the chapter (although I did need to do some re-writing in this and the next one), but the pics. I'm dreading the ones I'll need a few chapters along x_x But thanks Smiley

@vicky: Hey there, welcome to the funny farm :lol: And thanks! Cheesy (especially for bumping this thread back to page one :oops:) Yes, biiig differences between our Dustins, and that's all I'm gonna say for now... Wink (Your Dustin's awesome though - in fact if/when a time comes for me to change his looks, I may take a leaf or two from your book, if I may - I love what you did with him Smiley)

ETA: Oh yeah, been meaning to share this with you Cheesy I'd never heard of Sim Secrets before Hooligan PMed me with the link - to say I'd been "secreted". Given what else was on there, I was scrolling down with bated breath, but what I found instead was a lovely surprise:

I'd love to know who that was so I can thank them - seeing that really made my day Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:56:10 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:42 pm »

LOL!  Sadie maybe if I had Simpe I could exchange my Dustin for your Buzz he is hot!  LOL!  I'm going to be sad if you make him gay tho....lol!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2008, 01:56:10 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1418917
I'd love to know who that was so I can thank them - seeing that really made my day Cheesy

Well, that would defeat the purpose of anonymous secrets, wouldn't it? :wink:

The Sims 2: We're Not for Everyone, But Then 'Everyone' is a Pretty Unrealistic Demographic
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2008, 10:55:50 pm »

Lilith had seen enough. Not wishing to dive too deeply into the private affairs of people she barely knew, she decided on the safe route as she approached the boys she had once frowned upon. There was no time to allow barriers to come between them; in fact a look at the angry youth told her the red head may not have much longer to live.
“I got him,” she offered, taking hold of Ripp’s quaking shoulder, “Go on.”
Johnny needed no second instruction. Satisfied that Ripp was in safe hands, he went trotting up to the hulking presence by the wall and firmly clutched at his arm.
“Cut it out!” Johnny snapped, pulling him away from the smaller youth. Tank glared at the green youth in reply as he turned to him, and although this time his anger was justified and aimed at someone else, it still brought back memories to Johnny of their past conflict.
“Get in line, you said!” Tank retaliated in a raised voice, his fists clenched. “You know what he did!”

“If one of you’d let me explain…!” the boy protested.
Tank’s head spun back in his direction, his mouth open about to deliver another scathing reply, but Johnny silenced him with a tap on his arm.
“Hey!” Johnny bit, his tone softened as he glanced knowingly at the flame haired lad by their side, “As temptin’ as it is to tear his throat out, remember where we are. We’re all here to get help, right?”
“Me included,” the boy attested as he glowered at the bigger of the two.
Tank glanced back at him through narrowed eyes before marching off a little, slamming a fist against the wall in an attempt to ease the pressure building in his veins.
“Thanks,” the red head told Johnny with a sigh of relief, but his gratitude was short lived as the blond alien scowled at him in reply.
“Hey,” Johnny warned the lad as he waved a threatening finger, “Count yourself lucky; if it were anywhere else I’d be holdin’ you down, not savin’ your ass.”
“Look,” the young man pleaded, “When I realised what’d happened, I felt sick. I tried to apologise at the time, but he’d already left…”
Johnny crossed his arms as he studied the freckled features of the boy before him, not hiding the anger burning in his eyes.
“So how’d you let it get that far in the first place?!”  Johnny exploded, “Do you have any idea what he’d already bin through before you tore ‘im open?!”
“Stop, please...” the youth whimpered, cradling his head in his hand. Johnny’s mouth opened in readiness to continue his onslaught, but on spotting the now troubled appearance of the boy before him, he soon closed it.

“It’s hard to explain, especially here,” the boy began, “I lost control, an’ by the time it was over it was too late. In fact I threw up when it dawned on me, okay?!” His voice rose in frustration and distress as he continued. “I was that disgusted at myself I was physically sick, and I shut myself in my room for the rest of the day. I wouldn’t even go down for dinner; if I couldn’t face myself, what chance did I have with my parents!?”
Johnny and Tank exchanged looks of disbelief as the half-alien’s arms loosened a little.
“You mean they know?” he checked.
The red head smiled wryly in reply.
“Yeah, they know,” he confessed, “Although they had to drag it from me after noting how quiet I was… Which they thought was something else at first, but that’s beside the point.”
He allowed the other boys a moment to process what they’d been told so far, as he gazed upon the sobbing bundle in Lilith’s arms. He nodded gently in Ripp’s direction as he continued to speak.
“I went flyin’ outta my room to try and make it up to him,” he told them, “By the time I opened the front door though, he’d already been driven away by the waiting cab.”
The others studied his body language intently as he turned back to them.
“He ain’t going anywhere now,” he hinted, “Please…”

“It’s okay,” she soothed quietly as Ripp’s tears began to dry.
Ripp turned slowly to Lilith as her words drifted into his troubled mind. As his glassy eyes fell upon her, the tears still present distorted his vision of the female by his side. No longer did he see the teenager who’d given Johnny and him grief at the festival, but someone completely different.

His eyes took on a pleading manner as he uttered a single word.
“Mom...?”
So saying, he advanced in one movement to wrap his arms around her, burying his head into her shoulder.
Lilith’s brow twitched into a puzzled frown as she caught him, but decided for now to play along. Holding him close as though they really were related in such a way, she began to stroke his head as she pondered all that was taking place. What had happened to this boy to reduce him to such a state?
A little voice in her ear gave an indication of his anxieties as he clung to her.
“He hurt me, Mom...”
“It’s okay,” she replied quietly, “He can’t hurt you now.”

“Please, just let me make it up to him...”
Johnny hesitantly eyed the youth before looking back to his partner, frowning as he spotted him nestled in Lilith’s arms. His gaze moved to Tank, both of them asking each other silently if such a move was wise. Eventually Johnny shrugged, laying a hand on the boy’s shoulder as he took them across.
Lilith looked at Johnny as they approached, speaking quietly in way of an explanation.
“He called me Mom...!” she told him, watching for a reaction.
Johnny’s head lowered in despair, while Ripp stirred from the depths of her arms, regaining his grip on reality as he looked sheepishly at her.
“Sorry,” he muttered as he pulled away, again looking crestfallen.
“It’s okay,” she told him, while Johnny approached to run his fingers through his brown mane. The red head by their side also lowered his gaze as Ripp’s situation became more apparent.
“Look,” Johnny began, “The guy wanted to say somethin’...”
As Ripp returned his gaze, he caught a glimpse of the boy in question. Suddenly his manner changed, his eyes narrowing at the sight of the lad who’d inflicted such pain upon him.
“Oh really?!” he snarled, his blood bubbling furiously in his veins as he straightened to full height.
“Look, Ripp...” the boy began, but Ripp didn’t let him continue.

“You hurt me!!” he yelled, throwing his hands in the air as he began his tirade, “I dunno, was I not yellin’ or even screaming enough for you to hear the word ‘stop’, or was it just too much for you to understand?! I was in f***ing agony you bastard!! We use lube for a reason y’know, I’m surprised I didn’t need stitches!”
Already the picture was painted before Lilith’s eyes of what had happened between the two, although Ripp was far from finished.
“Oh yeah, that reminds me,” Ripp continued, his voice quieter and now carrying a sardonic tone, “Remember what I said about condoms? Weren’t good enough for you to rip me open, you had to leave a couple of souvenirs too...!?”
The boy had heard enough by now. Holding up his hands, he urgently pressed forward his wish to speak.
“Whoa, whoa,” he challenged, “What souvenirs?”
Ripp looked at him in amazement, for a moment robbed of his ability to speak as he pondered his apparent ignorance.
“Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia,” he replied, frowning a little at the boy’s puzzlement, “That’s what souvenirs, didn’t you know?”

The red head shrugged helplessly in reply, before a hand sub-consciously scratched at his crotch. Ripp noticed the gesture and gave a knowing smile in reply.
“Must’ve caught ‘em off one of the others, huh?” he suggested bitterly, before indicating the youth’s uncomfortable demeanour. “That’s one of the signs y’know, intense itching?”
Something in Ripp’s last remark registered in Lilith’s mind as she sharply looked at him. Ripp seemed to notice and turned to her briefly.
“Yeah, that’s why I looked like I had itching powder in my shorts,” he explained, turning back to the now worried looking boy before them. “You’d better get yourself checked out, Luke.”
Luke was left cradling his head in his hand at the revelation, before he once more found the strength to return his stare.
“Yeah,” he muttered, “Look, um, how’s about you all come back to mine after this?” he suggested, “There’s a reason Mom and Dad stood by me after hearin’ of this.”
Ripp stared at Luke in wonder at his last statement.
“They know about this?” he checked.
“Yeah. Long story,” came the elusive response, “But you really need to hear it from them as well as me.”
Tank arched an eyebrow at Johnny, before giving a resigning shrug.
“Fair enough,” he accepted, “We can meet in the local park…”
“That won’t be necessary,” Ripp interrupted before eyeing his brother, “I still remember where he lives.”
Tank’s face fell as he realised what Ripp was implying.
“So,” he began slowly, “You not only met with strangers, you went back to their homes too?!”
“Tank,” Johnny cut in, “Not now, huh? Things are bad enough as it is.”
Ripp’s eyes played upon the carpet, wishing the pile was dense enough to consume his very soul.
“Later then,” Tank promised as he studied the smaller form before him.
“Okay, I’ll catch ya later then,” Luke nodded, “An’ while you guys are talking, I’ll go get this seen to,” he finished, tugging at the front of his jeans.
“Good idea,” Johnny agreed, but found himself talking to his back as Luke hastily left the premises.
“Yeah, that’s what I was like after school too,” Ripp explained, “Once I heard I might’ve caught something, I was straight down the clinic.”
“Look,” Lilith uttered, “I had no idea, I’m sorry...”
Ripp gave a sad smile as his previous dark cloud crept upon him once more.
“Me too,” he breathed in reply.
“Look,” Tank told her, “You never heard any o’ this, got it?”
Lilith arched a knowing eyebrow as she looked across at the muscular figure.
“Heard what?!” she challenged, “I weren’t even here, I was some place else. Saw good reason why you guys weren’t at school, but weren’t any o’ my business so I didn’t ask.”
Tank nodded in acknowledgement, a grateful smile on his face.
“Thanks,” he said, his smile taking on a dry manner as he continued. “We won’t tell if you won’t.”
“Got it,” came her reply as she excused herself from their presence.

Lilith usually dreaded the return to her home, but this time she was indifferent as she pondered all that had happened. With all that she suffered within her family, it all now seemed so trivial. She tried to imagine how it must have been for Ripp, to be violated in such a way and to be in such pain, but had to stop when she began to feel physically sick. A new question played on her mind; how did Ripp remain so calm? If it had been her she’d have torn him apart... like Tank nearly did, she remembered. Maybe he would have done it for him, given how much of a softy Ripp was.

She stepped into her abode, brought back to the present as she heard raised voices from the lounge. She followed her ears to find the surprising sight of her twin sister engaged in a heated debate with their mother – Angela was usually the good little girl whom their parents doted on.

“How can you say that!?” Mary-Sue spluttered, “It’s disgusting!”
“They’re in love!” Angela justified, “Which is more than can be said for you an’ Dad...!”
“Don’t bring us into this!”
Lilith’s lips curled upwards into a sardonic smile as she watched the exchange. She had remained quiet for long enough.
“Give the guys a break Mom,” she bit, causing the two other females to turn with a start at her sudden appearance.

“Wait,” Angela mused slowly, “This comin’ from someone who gave ‘em more stick than I did?”
“I bumped into ‘em today,” Lilith cautiously explained, “Ripp was a total mess. Turns out their mom died and Johnny’s been takin’ care of him.”
Angela’s jaw dropped at this news.
“Oh wow,” she muttered, “No wonder they weren’t at school!”
Lilith arched a knowing eyebrow, before eyeing the woman who had given life to them both.
“Y’know, somethin’ I’ve noticed about this family,” she spat, her resentment bubbling over after all she’d encountered previously, “They don’t give a s*** about anyone other than themselves! They forget other people have feelings too, and that they have two daughters growing up in this place!”
Not pausing to receive any comeback, she made for the back garden and reached into her pocket as she took a seat, not noticing that she had been followed.

Angela masked her initial surprise on spotting her sister with a cigarette in her hand, but her parting remark was all it took for her to banish any misgivings about Lilith’s habit. In fact, her first intention was to address what she’d said.
“Hey Lil,” she began hesitantly as she approached.
Lilith turned her head in her direction, allowing the smoke to trickle from her nostrils as she sullenly turned away again.
“Look, about what you said...”
Lilith quietly raised an eyebrow as she flicked some ash onto the patio tiles, feeling her eyes sting.
“You never got it, did you?” she remarked softly, continuing to eye the ground. “Little Miss Perfect; parents think the sun shines outta her ass, an’ then there’s the useless piece o’ s*** left over that no one cares about.”
“Dustin and I’ve been talking a lot,” Angela explained as she sat by her twin, “Gave me a lot to think about.”
Lilith nodded in acknowledgement as she drew from her cigarette.
“Wondered what had changed,” she remarked.
“Yeah,” Angela agreed, “Bet you were wondering how Ripp broke his wrist?”
Lilith turned slowly to her well-informed sister with a deliberate stare.
“I was as it happens,” she concurred, “Well, not at first, but anyways...”
“That was his old man,” Angela explained grimly.
Lilith’s eyes widened as she gaped at her sister.
“Whoa...”
“Yeah, tell me about it...” Angela replied, but trailed off as Lilith began to recite what she knew of the troubled boy.
“Lessee,” she mused, “He’s had the s*** beaten outta him by his own dad, his brother’s been a total jerk before now, he’s been attacked, his mom’s died...” She scoffed bitterly as she gave her verdict. “No wonder the poor guy’s in pieces.”
“‘Old on,” Angela said, “Attacked?”
Lilith looked sharply at her as she noticed the slip of her tongue.
“Yeah,” she improvised, “I dunno the details, but he saw the guy who did it. Never seen ‘im get so mad, but thinking about it I’m surprised all he did was yell – Tank was ready to rip his throat out, so it must’ve been bad.”
“Ouch,” Angela muttered, contemplating all she’d heard from whatever source.
“Yeah, exactly,” Lilith agreed, “Kinda makes you realise how lucky we really are, huh?”

“Yeah,” Angela replied, eyeing her sister sadly, “I’m sorry Lil, I didn’t mean for any o’ this to happen...”
Lilith returned her gaze with misty eyes.
“Me too,” came the reply, before something happened that she thought she could only dream of.

“Now Dad’s gone, she’s taking her s*** out on us,” Angela explained, “We can’t afford to stay apart anymore, we need to stick together.”
“Too right,” Lilith agreed, “An’ that guy deserves a bouquet for makin’ us realise that.”

No requests please
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2008, 12:18:44 am »

O.O never thought I'd see them hug.. I knew Angela had a soft side. Did you know that Angela means angel?

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2008, 12:29:12 am »

Oh wow, family dramas all round. The Twins are looking more human now, though.
Ripp is hallucinating now? Oh that ain't good.
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2008, 02:20:33 am »

Yay new chapter! (I have to confess, I only knew it was updated cuz I looked at the other version of this =>.>= ) Anyways - wow, and I think I was having a mental break down (no, hasn't happened yet, but it's bordering...)

Poor Ripp... and while it shouldn't be good that he's starting to hallucinate, I thought it was kinda cute when he imagined Lilith (of all people) as his mom. The little snippet of the twins in their home is perking my interest - I shall hope we see a little more of what's going on in their family in future chapters, I hope? :smt106

I'm lurking... do not distrub the lurking... :smt106
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2008, 04:14:16 am »

That's pretty darn cute... y'know, people always want to kill Angela, but I always wanted to see her and Lilith get on and gang up on their parents a bit...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: