Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:52:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobia: Pride & Prejudice - Chapter Twenty-four  (Read 152150 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2009, 01:24:27 pm »

Yay for updates! W00T looks like about the first to read it, or at least about the first to post, but yeah awesome-ness sadie Pounce The part about Luke is interesting and i think i understand it, maybe, though the fact that Johny can have kids isn't surprising given ur other stories about Chris and Andy and all them, and Ripp sucking his tumb, lol. yay for chapter that ends on a light note, don't worry, the dark ones are good to, but it seems to me like Ripp's reclaiming a little of his sanity.... maybe..... anyway, I liked it and can't wait to see the next chapter Smiley Rock Grin

Edit: lol, I'm a dork, *points to difference in time stamps* and I've already posted back. i is a college student, and i'm done with class for the day.... and it's like 1pm here.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:31:58 pm by DemonOfSarila » Logged

Crazy and lovin it

Random thought = probably bad idea

Can't type to save me life, so expect me to edit everything.
EDIT: my life. ug.... watch me go.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »

Hehe, thanks Grin About aliens and kids - that's actually what gave me the idea for this one (well, partly, anyway). Chris and Andy got off lightly, in fact, since back then I just threw things in without thinking how it'd all work, whereas here I've been mapping it all out, in such a way that kids will be the last thing on Johnny's mind; he's more worried about the level of pain he'll endure when he comes of age Wink About Ripp, I just couldn't shake that image, and can imagine him doing that given what's going through his mind at the moment. Luke, for some reason (not even been playing him yet!), just clung onto my heart and shows no signs of letting go; I find him endearing in a strange way Smiley

Which reminds me, thinking back to a few posts/comments by AF lately:

Who here would like me to upload the custom cast (Stephan, Luke, etc.) of this story? Bearing in mind there'll be a few more popping up in part two, but eh, details.. Wink

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:15 pm »

Yeah, different levels of planing happen.... just the way things are. What you have going in Xeno at least kinda makes sense to me, and the way they react makes sense. Johny heard you will have PMS and it's gonna suck like 20 fold and be every 2 weeks (yay for googling define:fortnight), Ripp heard kids are possible one day. Or at least that's what they're focusing on, and mostly reacting to. That what it seems like to me, and like I said it makes sense. Most guys wouldn't like to be told they're going to have to deal with that, and like being told they can have kids with someone.

I'm not really sure on my opinion of Luke, but I wouldn't really worry about it.

I also wanted to add how it's interesting to me how Tank kinda has this southern accent, well, some of them do and some of them don't. I live up north myself now (yay college), but I'm from the very top of the south. And when I get tired, sleepy, or sometimes just sick, I get this accent, and it's no southern bell, it's actually kinda like Tank's, only I think mine's worse sometimes. And I've been meaning to say for awhile that ur pictures ROCK, they are amassing. don't know if I've said before, but just in case, am now.

oh and as far as uploading them.... I'm not really one to download whole sims, but I would like to know where you got some of their clothes from, like Johny's and some of Rip's stuff.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:18:12 pm by DemonOfSarila » Logged

Crazy and lovin it

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 05, 2009, 07:29:41 pm »

Hehe, just like real life in fact; it's alright Ripp looking forward to kids, he doesn't have to go through PMS etc. in the meantime Wink Hmm... that could be amusing Evil

About the accents - I've been writing them how I hear them, so to speak - I do really hear them, the whole thing plays out like a movie. I'm a little torn though, between typing out the accents and just typing how the average person would speak. There've been no complaints here so far, but someone on LJ picked me up on it, so I don't know. And thanks, glad you like my pictures - makes it worth the effort to get the damn things (they drive me nuts sometimes x_x).

Their clothes? Oh boy - erm, all over the place, really! Mostly from MTS2 it has to be said, although GOS and Club Crimsyn are becoming favourites too (and here, of course Wink). Ripp's and Johnny's current clothes were from somewhere on MTS2, but can't remember where.

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 05, 2009, 08:34:31 pm »

yeah, besides most guys have this thing with their first child, especially if it's a boy. Don't look at me to understand the whole father son thing. I'm a girl, and my family was almost all girls for years, the only 'guy' being my dad. could be amusing? I confuse easily, but I guess I'll see how things go....

*nods* makes sense to me. and how a 'normal' person sounds just depends on what part of the country you're from, and how your parents talk and things like that (and I understand the play out like a movie thing, I've had that happen... a lot, when I think about characters, work on my book/story thing, or just read a book/story). I mean they call it a southern accent because that's what like everyone sounds like in the right places in the southern parts of the country. Where some of my cousins live (Louisiana), worse than your characters is normal, but up here near Indy (Indianapolis, capital of Indiana), it stands out like sore thumb. But it's not like everyone thinks it's weird. My boyfriend thinks my accent when I'm tired is cute, and he was raised in Indy. Though part of it you can't show though typing, some of it's just like how it sounds, like 'shit' or 'tired'... i don't think I can type how they sound. Something like how Jeffy Foxworhty sounds during those 'redneck definitions' or 'redneck words' or Larry the Cable Guy (try looking on youtube if u've never heard of 'em, though usually my topics are more mature than Larry's...). I don't know precisely though, because it only happens when I'm tired, and when I'm tired my memory doesn't record thing as well as normal. I don't know, just throwin' a examples out there, since I think ur blog says u're from england, and I'm guessing there's not too many people like that there. Not too many hicks running around england last i checked. And it's not just how you pronounce words, part of it is word choice, which I think u've done pretty good with. Though at least to me it doesn't stand out that much, I just sorta noticed it at some point. I think it's nicely done though.

I don't even know how you do some of the stuff in your pictures, some of it I have a good guess, and some it I think I know, but it looks like it must be hard. And they do look great. Honestly I've had some ideas for sim stories, but I'm just like Oh The Pictures! *runs away from them*. Though yours are just beautiful. After the effects to the colors and stuff fit the story at that time SO well, like the picture of Buck crying right after he saw Buzz kicking Ripp, it's just prefect, don't really know how else to say it, just that picture is amassing. And it's only one example, there are tons more.

If it was on mts2, then I can probably find it myself if I look hard enough. I've been here, obviously, and GoS, but I've never heard of Club Crimsyn.

dang, i talk a lot.

Though it does sound kinda weird that Ripp was still having recess when he was at least 13 years old.... but maybe I'm weird. If I remember right (and can count), 13 is upper middle school, anything beyond that is typical high school. Recess is a maybe as is in elementary, and at most goes to 6th grade, which is like 11 years old, give or take. *shurgs* I actually missed it the first time through cuz i was readin so fast, and I thought it said between classes cuz that would make sense. Either at lunch or between classes. But don't let me tell you how to write your story. It is Strangetown after all, they can be outside of normal, well.... are outside of the norm.

oh, and by cubicle you mean bathroom stall, right?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:00:12 pm by DemonOfSarila » Logged

Crazy and lovin it

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2009, 05:33:09 am »

@Demon: Narrowing it down a little; amusing as in, just the thoughts of how they'd live with each other, Ripp putting up with Johnny during his "time", that kinda thing Wink About the accents; yes, I'm from England - the south, to be exact, not too far from London. While we don't have "rednecks" or whatever you call them, we do have cockneys, and they speak fairly similar - shortening a lot of words, using slang (particularly the cockney rhyming slang which is still used quite a lot), and they have this broad sounding accent which sounds pretty common, so I do have a good idea of that kind of thing. Even though I'm not from London, I still tend to shorten some of my words. But thanks Smiley And thanks for the comments on my pictures Smiley It's taken a lot of experimenting, note taking etc. but I'm glad it's all paying off - and I know what you mean about running from the very idea. I've still got to figure out how I'll pull off a couple of pics for next chapter ¬_¬ Club Crimsyn is here and is a site set up by aikea guinea and Geldyh. (sp?) As for recess, I looked it up on Wiki since here we call it break time, and according to that it's just American for breaks between lessons. I take it cubicle's a British term then? Whoops... Embarrassed Oh well; yes, that's what I meant.

@2B: Aw, thanks Smiley Dunno if Johnny would agree with you though - he might once he gets past the impending agony every two weeks Wink

Okay, that's one who wants the sims - anyone else?

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2009, 05:53:42 am »

Wow, a mix of trauma and humour. Like it a lot, and glad to see you at it again.  Smiley

So you're from South England? My brother has married a girl from Bristol. Her accent is quite distinctive.
And writing accents can be very difficult, without departing standard english spelling entirely.

Ef eye wos going two troy to wroite my Nyew Zulund axcent loike it sownds, it wood prawbobly look sumthing loike thees.  Grin
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:39 am »

interesting accent there steelguy. at least u can type yours  Grin I can't really type most/part of mine... dat, da, dem, 'em, gonna, wanna, 'im.... are in order: that, the, them, them, going to, want to, him, and anything that ends in ing is reduced to in', like callin' for example. And that's about all i can type, maybe I'm just not good for it. oh well.

but yeah, that sounds like it will be amusing sadie. rednecks, hicks, hilly billies, whatever you wanna call 'em. thanks for the link, i'll look at that at some point.... and as far as wiki... well, true recess is a break from sitting in class and the teacher giving lessons.... i would define it as a half an hour or so where small children get the chance to play outside to burn off pent up energy and just spend time goofing off and playing however they choose (within reason), allowing them to better focus on their lesson/s afterwards, instead of expecting a small child to have an 8 hour attention span. It's usually only for grades 1-5 (if that), which are normally about ages 6-10 or so. Once they're in like 6th or 7th grade, they go to middle school or junior high, and there's no recess there, but they typically have multiple teachers and classrooms they'll see in a day. As far as the like 5 minute or so break u get between those different classes/teachers, the name for it varies by school. I think my middle school called it 'passing time' or something like that. I just called it between classes or the time between classes, and we typically used it for things like going to your locker, going the bathroom, talk to people, etc. I'm not trying to say you haven't done your homework or anything.... sorry if i came off that way Sad .... it just struck me as a little odd, that's all, because here you won't see someone who's at least 13 who still has recess, even if they're a year behind. Also, sorry if I sound like I'm trying to force you to change it or something.... i'm not trying to. you could probably find pictures on google of what a cubicle is here, they're like the crappy version of an office, when they don't want to build every single employee their own office.

Really those are the only things i've ever really noticed that stand out like that. I noticed the accent thing, but I like how some characters have it and some don't, it add variety when not everyone talks the same, and it's the spice of life after all Smiley

oh, and another thing i've been meaning to mention, i also really like ur writing/writing style. I also think it's interesting how u refer to your characters in so many different ways, maybe i'm just weird, but yeah. Oh and we all like the story too (duh), and can't wait to see what happens next chapter when you post it Smiley

I talk too much some times....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:24:49 am by DemonOfSarila » Logged

Crazy and lovin it

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2009, 05:50:15 pm »

An update finally! Cheesy
I missed this story everytime I read your updates it makes me want to play strangehood.  Ouch for cramps requiring codeine!  So glad you are updating again. cool

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 07, 2009, 04:31:43 pm »

Oh my gosh! The alien period thing was GREAT! I cannot imagine Johnny's dad having PERIOD PAINS! That's just genius! Kudos (woo american) to you for being original!   Clap

Great chapter! It's so good to see you back in action, Sadie.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:59:10 pm by Zorom » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2009, 09:44:08 am »

@steelguy: Thanks Smiley Yep, I'm from Brighton; about 20 miles down from London, so my accent's like a softer version of cockney - and now I live in Yorkshire, where people still ask if I'm from London. Theirs is very distinctive too, but there's also a North-South divide - it's almost like another world up here! More laid back though, which I like Smiley LOL Nice effort at writing out your accent there Wink

@Demon: Hmm, okay. Well, a Brit writing about Americans when she's never been there/has only movies to go on is bound to slip up here and there, as I warned right at the start. But thanks for the info - sounds like it does need changing Undecided Also thanks for your input on the writing of accents - I tried the other suggestion of "sticking to what you know" and it does all look like they talk the same, so.. hmm. Seems to be working here, anyway. Thanks for your comments on my writing, too! That really means a lot to me Pounce

@vicky: Thanks - and ouch indeed. Although apparently some women get cramps that bad - mum said that before she had me (I'm the oldest), it was like she was in labour every month. Big ouch.. and partly where the inspiration came from for these poor guys ^_^

@Zorom: Haha, thanks! Grin And glad you're enjoying it, good to be back in action Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:56:07 am by Sadie » Logged

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2009, 11:51:22 am »

slip ups happen, part of life. That I have an unfair advantage in knowledge about the states, having lived here since i was born 20 years ago, and having lived in CA, TX, KY, and IN and visited other areas. So far, your story has basically been perfectly fine as far as things like that.

It seems to me like some characters have the accent and other don't.... or maybe i only notice it with some of them. *shurgs* Like I noticed Tank has it and Johny's dad doesn't. Which actually, in a way, makes sense to me.

I have a question though, if i remember right, u said something before about a 1 yr skip, and Johny will be 18 in a year. are these two facts related? oh well, either way, can't wait for updates Hug2

Crazy and lovin it

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2009, 04:24:46 pm »

Well, Johnny's Dad is alien, so I'd imagine him to have a completely different accent, with maybe a little American in there from what he'd picked up. But anyway... I don't know where the one year came from; there's a one month gap between this and the next part, and then a big three year gap between that and the last part - where Buck hits thirteen and faces his own problems. I'll most likely fill in a few holes as that story progresses, not entirely sure how it's gonna work yet. Most of my ideas are centered around part two ATM.

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2009, 04:52:08 pm »

ok. my memory is like the most unreliable thing you will ever find, so I wouldn't really worry about it. Now I'm wondering about what type of stuff Buck will have deal with, if it's more than what's already happened. but still wanna see things about everyone else *can't wait for next chapter Grin*

Crazy and lovin it

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 15, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »

Updates?  UPDATES?!
*dies of happy*

Sadie, I missed your story so badly!  And i love the newest chapter.  I burst out laughing at poor Xavier's *ahem* condition, haha!  I never expected that.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: