Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Xenophobia: Pride & Prejudice - Chapter Twenty-four  (Read 152095 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2009, 02:48:30 am »

Looking over this again... so with your aliens, both males and females have periods, get pregnant... um.
That's an equal opportunity race, all right.
Although I can hear the Gotzian women going "Meh. Males only get it for two days. They don't understand a thing!"

DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2009, 04:32:42 pm »

lol, who knows..... i gotta say, sometimes I just like to complain, worse off or not. I guess Sadie knows if she's thought about it, but yeah.

Crazy and lovin it

Random thought = probably bad idea

Can't type to save me life, so expect me to edit everything.
EDIT: my life. ug.... watch me go.
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »

Looking over this again... so with your aliens, both males and females have periods, get pregnant... um.
That's an equal opportunity race, all right.
Although I can hear the Gotzian women going "Meh. Males only get it for two days. They don't understand a thing!"

lol, steelguy! You are so right!
 Evil
Sadie, look! Twenty-three chapters and you haven't given up. Good on you, girl. You've come such a long way!

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 19, 2009, 06:58:05 am »

Heh, thanks guys Cheesy Like I said, laugh all you like, but believe it or not it's important for later on - and I'm not talking about babies Wink

Yes, I have thought it through; they're "equal opportunity" for a reason - besides, I had to think of a reason they only pollinated the males Wink

@Zorom: Thanks - I know, nearly there now! Ugh, I know there are times I've felt like it, what with the burn-out. I'll get there eventually - still trying to figure out how to get a couple of shots for the next chapter, that's my big obstacle at the moment.

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 23, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »

yeah... i don't think anyone likes spoilers..... wish i could help on the pictures or something, but u probably know like ten tons more about that than I do.... still, best of luck and may a muse fall into ur lap or inspiration whack you in the face, whichever u prefer.

Crazy and lovin it

Random thought = probably bad idea

Can't type to save me life, so expect me to edit everything.
EDIT: my life. ug.... watch me go.
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 04, 2009, 05:16:25 pm »

Holy sockpuppet in a sausage factory,you're a genius!
Men getting periods?Heh,they get it for two days,I get it for up to a week! angry But their periods are hella painful,so it evens out there,because I hardly feel a thing. Grin
Wonderful,keep up the good work!

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2009, 05:40:44 am »

Haha - exactly Wink But thanks Grin

I think now I've got what I need for the pictures - now I just need to pull away from my rainbow challenge long enough to take the damn things Angel

No requests please
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:34 am »

lovin the story! question, where did you get angela's hair? i had that one once, but i can't find it now (pc died).

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 22, 2009, 11:33:37 pm »

Hi, sorry I haven't replied in a while. In answer to your question, I can't remember if it was a Peggy or Rose hair, but I'm pretty sure I actually got it elsewhere, if you get me Wink

And thanks Smiley I took a break from stories - and writing - in the form of my rainbow legacy that I've been playing lately, but now my generation two heir's made himself at home on my shoulder just like a regular muse - his kids too! >_< Decided for now that they can all lay off me for a bit, while I actually work on getting these pictures taken! Hopefully shouldn't be too long now - two more to go after that, hooray! Grin

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21:09 am »

Okay *cracks knuckles* Finally figured out a few things, now's the part where I find out if it's paid off. It's also the time certain readers start to feel very smug Wink Bit of mesh-clipping, overall.. well, I'll let you decide, I'm too tired (Yes, I know it's only afternoon here, but I woke up at 3am last night after about 6 hours sleep..) Yawn Enjoy Smiley

Xavier intently studied the items he’d laid at his feet, glancing at the cross-legged boy a short distance from where he sat. A satisfied smile played upon the man’s face as the objects began to lift from the floor, slowly floating upwards as though carried by a rising volume of water.

“Keep going,” he encouraged, “As high as you can.”

The objects continued to elevate, and Xavier soon found himself needing to crane his neck to keep an eye on their progress. Eventually they hit the ceiling, and Xavier looked back at his student.

“Wonderful,” he grinned, “Now bring them back down, gently.”

The water trickled away, causing the objects in question to sink slowly back to the floor. Xavier watched proudly as barely a glimmer of concentration showed on Johnny’s face.

“I knew you had potential,” he remarked to himself, “Perhaps this is even too easy for you, eh?”

Buzz rested against the backrest of the bench, strangely calm as he watched the horizon. Below the seemingly serene shell, however, a storm was beginning to brew as he once more chastised himself on his previous behaviour, with Ripp in particular.

Okay, now remind me – what was your beef with Ripp kissing a boy again?

What’s brought this on?

Just answer the question.

Why?

Just do it...!

Oh alright. Let's see; because it’s disgusting?!

Why?

Because... ... I don’t know, just something that’d been rammed down my throat at school I guess.

So why did you listen? Ripp didn’t.

Yeah, and I bet he’s getting grief at school too.

Is that what you’re afraid of?

Afraid? I’m not afraid of anything...

Oh yes you are. Think really hard, back to that moment at home when you were his age…

The words had leapt from the pages to capture the interest of the passing teenager. After being told there was no place for homosexuals at his school, he was now reading about the unprovoked murder of an innocent man. A finger of ice ran up the length of his spine, causing him to shiver involuntarily as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

“What’s this you’re reading?”

Buzz didn’t hide the fear in his eyes as he looked up at his father, even though this time he seemed to be sober, and therefore harmless.

Chip tugged the pages at an angle to allow a better view of the headlines, and frowned as he plucked the paper from his son’s young fingers.

Buzz studied his father’s reaction intently as he read the corresponding story.

“Sweet Jesus,” the man remarked, “I can think of better reasons to kill a guy...”

Buzz heaved an inward sigh of relief, although just the thought that it happened at all was enough for him to curl up on the couch in fear.

Chip folded up the paper with an angry sigh and tossed it to the table, before his grey eyes rested on the seated muscular form. He frowned as he wondered whether or not to approach him.

“Buzz?”

The youth glanced up at the man, before returning his gaze to the arm of the sofa. Lost in his thoughts, he was only vaguely aware of the cushions giving way beside him.

“Come on, what’s up?”

“Nothin’,” came the vague reply.

“Are you gay?”

Buzz’s heart jumped into his throat at the abrupt nature of his father’s question. He was quick to shake his head as he leapt to his feet, tearing up the stairs to his room.

Liar.

Look, what is this?! Why are you bringing this up now?

You’ve been taking out your fears on Ripp, haven’t you? All this time you’ve been so afraid of the truth, and look what it’s done to you.

Yes, alright. Is this going anywhere?

Do you remember the way Stephan touched you at lunch? Remember when I said “Don’t blow it ‘cause it’s your last chance”? There was more in that than you may realise.

“Oh f***ing hell...” he moaned, cradling his head in his hand. He gazed for a moment back at his arm, the fingers of his free hand lightly brushing the spot Stephan had touched him. He burst from his seat as his head was forced out of the sand into the harsh winds of reality, a hand clutched to his mouth as he began to pace and voice his thoughts.

“I knew something was up in that chat,” he muttered, “If I’d had a clearer head on my shoulders I’d have reacted very differently, and I’d have lost who seems like a good friend. Instead he gives me the slap in the face I’ve needed for decades...”

He paused for a moment as he checked his watch, his eyes widening as he sprinted back to base.

“Okay,” the army therapist began as the formalities ended, “Do you have any particular goals you’d like us to achieve?”

Buzz looked back at the woman facing him, all thoughts of Stephan and Ripp gone from his mind for now.

“Yes,” he replied, “There’s three things I can think of.”

“Which are?”

“First off, to be able to cry,” he told her, “Second, which I hope will tie in with the first, is to stop acting like my father and start acting like myself. Third, to find out what really happened when Dad tried to kill me...”

“I take it you approve?” Johnny checked with a cheeky grin. Ripp’s naturally playful manner was beginning to rub off on him.

“Certainly,” Xavier smiled in reply, “You’ve been doing incredibly well. I’m impressed!”

“Really?” Johnny checked, a happy grin spreading across his face.

“Sure,” Xavier assured, “I said you showed promise, didn’t I?”

The smile slowly slipped from Johnny’s lips as he gave a satisfied nod. He glanced back at Ripp, who was still curled up on the floor and sucking at the lonely digit of his right hand, and the euphoria evaporated as he looked with urgency at his teacher.

“I think I know why he’s suddenly suckin’ his thumb,” Johnny remarked as he confided in his friend, “This is the first time I’ve seen him do it...”

“What do you mean?” Xavier asked, growing serious, “What’s wrong?”

“Mom says he’s at breaking point,” Johnny uttered, the sadness brimming over into his eyes as they began to sting, “He’s been actin’ just like a little boy lately; I've had him snugglin’ into my arms like I was his mom or somethin’...”

“What is the situation with his mother?” Xavier checked, already coming to a conclusion.

“She walked out when he was little,” Johnny explained, “He said they were very close, but we found out she’s recently died.”

Xavier nodded as he studied the sleeping form.

“I’ll bet that’s where he is now,” he guessed, “It sounds like he’s living in the past, specifically that time when she was still in his life.”

“Yeah, good point,” Johnny agreed as he once more gazed back at his boyfriend. “There’s this girl at our school, we saw her earlier. He called her Mom and was clinging to her for dear life.”

“Mm,” Xavier mused, “Could just be that he’s grieving.”

“Huh,” Johnny considered, “Never thought of that. A lot’s happened though, maybe that’s somethin’ to do with it?”

“It all may be a factor, yes.”

Johnny tapped his thumbnail against his teeth as the cogs began to turn in his mind.

“You say I can learn to read minds,” he began, “Would I be able to help him that way?”

Xavier straightened nervously as he rubbed at the nape of his neck.

“You’re only now starting to move things, Johnny,” Xavier warned, “Telepathy’s a dangerous gift to have.”

“You said I had potential,” Johnny reminded, his voice beginning to quake in desperation, “Please Xavier, you don’t know how bad things are with this guy...”

Xavier eyed the blond youth before him with a grave expression, his black eyes flitting from half-alien to human as he tuned his mental ear, picking up his student’s thoughts as he spotted the first tears trickle from his green eyes.

“Please,” Johnny persisted, “Teach me to help him...”

An empathetic sadness gnawed at the man’s heart as he gave a gentle nod. He watched as the blond boy wiped away a tear, moving closer to him as he offered his hands.

“There’s a reason we don’t usually share body contact when we meditate,” Xavier explained after Johnny had taken the man’s hands. “Now, close your eyes, concentrate...”

“Whoa!” Johnny remarked, looking about himself in wonder, “Where are we?”

“In your mind,” Xavier told him.

Johnny looked up at his mentor in awe.

“You’re in my mind?”

“That’s one of the things telepathy lets you do,” Xavier explained, “This is how you can help him.”

“By walkin’ about in his mind?”

Xavier draped an arm round the boy’s shoulders as he led him away, into a mist of swirling images that Johnny recognised as his memories.

“By helping to explore ghosts he may have hidden,” Xavier told him, “Or to gain control over those that haunt him.”

Johnny nodded as he looked about himself, a smile tugging at his lips at some of his happier memories.

“Wow,” Xavier remarked as he also observed the images of his student’s past, “For all the persecution we face for our colour, you have led a privileged life so far haven’t you?”

The smile on Johnny’s face grew wider, but also took on a sad air as he considered what he was doing here in the first place.

“Yeah,” Johnny muttered, “Unlike some.”

Xavier looked sullenly at his student, before tapping his shoulder.

“Come on,” he coaxed him, “Let’s get this door open.”

Johnny looked with a frown at his tutor as they marched onward, noticing that the mist at first increased in density as the pictures faded.

“Door?” Johnny quizzed, “What door?”

The mist gradually dispersed as the pair entered a spectral hallway lined with doors. One of them was half open, but the rest were firmly closed. All were illuminated by a blazing torch, burning with supernatural flames of varying hues.

Xavier gestured at a door that glowed with the tinge of the purple light of its torch.

“That door,” came the eventual reply. Xavier then indicated the open door, its green torch flickering with the breeze that drifted from within. “That one there is what you’ve just been learning.”

“Movin’ stuff?”

“Telekinesis, yes,” Xavier agreed, before taking him to the purple lit door.

“So I need to open this baby?” Johnny checked, resting his hand upon the solid surface.

“You need to focus on the task at hand,” Xavier told him, “These aren’t any old doors, you know. This is the forgotten area of your mind, which you’re just starting to awaken.”

Johnny gave a little nod, seemingly knowing already what he had to do. Laying the other hand upon the door, his eyelids slid downwards like blinds as he allowed himself to drift into a trance, absent-mindedly advancing as he pushed, lightly at first, on the door that had been shut for so long.

Xavier watched with a raised eyebrow as the door started to give. It shook a little as the forces sealed inside began to stir, before suddenly the door flew open, releasing a strong gust of wind that, in turn, sent all the others in the hallway bursting open in unison. It was as if a chain reaction had been set off, and he watched with some alarm as Johnny remained rooted to the spot, transfixed as his hair rustled in the wind.

“Good grief,” Xavier remarked, “There is more to this boy than I dared to imagine.”

Xavier’s eyes slowly opened, the black orbs fixed upon the young man sat in front of him. He crawled across to Johnny’s side as he laid a hand on his shoulder.

“Johnny?” he checked, “Are you alright?”

Johnny’s eyes opened, but his head shook briskly as he struggled to regain his bearings. His body swayed a little as he looked back at Xavier, but frowned as he saw at least two of his tutor instead of one.

“Whoa,” he muttered, “What a rush...”

“Are you okay?” Xavier repeated, helping Johnny to his feet.

Johnny clutched his arm as he was aided to a standing position, teetering on his feet as he wearily clutched his head.

“I feel so weird,” Johnny slurred, “Is it me or the room spinnin’?”

Xavier smiled knowingly as he hooked Johnny’s arm over his shoulder. Ripp rose as he watched all that was taking place, thoroughly puzzled.

“What the hell...?” he asked as he advanced to take hold of Johnny’s other arm, “What’s happened?”

“Neither,” Xavier replied, ignoring Ripp for now, “I’m not a bit surprised you feel strange, a lot happened in there.”

The two males helped Johnny to the couch in the front room, unloading their burden and watching as the blond boy collapsed into the waiting embrace of the cushions. Almost as soon as he did so, Johnny hauled his feet off the floor as he shifted into a horizontal position, his head resting on the seat of the sofa. His eyes closed as he drifted into an unknown state of consciousness while the other two looked on.

“What happened?” Ripp asked again.

Xavier glanced at him, beckoning with his head as he moved off towards the bookcase.

“He wanted to open one door,” came the bewildering reply, “But ended up with more than he bargained for.”

“What do you mean about a door?”

Xavier smiled awkwardly as he browsed the shelves, studying the spines of the books as he elaborated.

“Your partner shows a lot of promise,” he explained, “I was going to teach him how to unlock it gradually; it would have taken about a month on average. Instead all that knowledge has flooded his mind at once; the reason he now feels so groggy is because he can’t handle it all.”

Ripp grew alarmed as he opened his mouth, about to ask a question that Xavier now was beginning to answer.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be alright,” he reassured him, “These books will help him control what he’s released, but it will take time.”

“How much time?” Ripp asked, “What’ll he be like ‘til then?”

“It would have taken a month to release all he’s capable of,” Xavier told him, “Therefore, it would be logical to assume it’ll take him a month to work through these. In the meantime he’ll be fine, perhaps acting a little strange in the view of outsiders who don’t understand his new talents.”

“How do you mean?”

“Well, it could manifest in all manner of ways,” Xavier replied evasively, “He’s now telepathic like me, which means he can hear thoughts. Until he learns to control the extent of his mental hearing, he’ll pick up anything and everything – I know from experience that, in this preliminary state, he’ll need to stay away from places where there are likely to be many people. Otherwise the noise he’ll suffer will be unbearable.”

“I can imagine,” came the reply as they made their way back to the form slumped into the sofa.

Ripp looked down at his resting lover, before returning his gaze to the man who’d been training him.

“Look,” he began, “Johnny was telling me you really don’t trust humans...”

A dry smile took hold of Xavier's face as he looked back at the brunette boy.

“With men like your father, is it any wonder?”

“It may not seem like it,” Ripp hastily challenged, “But there’s not that many people like him. We’re not all that bad...”

“Sure,” Xavier remarked bitterly, tugging at the hem of his top and lifting it up to reveal the bare green skin below. His free hand tugged at the waistline of his trousers, pulling it down enough to unmask a nasty looking scar running underneath his navel.

“Wow,” Ripp muttered, tracing its length with a finger before Xavier reset his outfit.

“They nearly killed me,” the alien man explained, “Left me there in the street to die. It is fortunate that they missed the vital organs, even more so that I was able to crawl to the nearest telephone booth to call for help. That is why I studied in Japan for several years; I had no idea about self-defence back then. We’re not a fighting race, and on a world like this it is proving to be a major problem.”

“I noticed,” Ripp acknowledged softly, “Both Johnny and his dad got into fights, but they were never the ones who started it.”

Xavier smiled sadly as he continued to drift, his feet taking on a mind of their own as they carried him a little distance across the room.

“And you only live in a small town,” he pondered quietly, “The city is far, far worse.”

Ripp slowly crossed his arms as he looked across at the man.

“If that’s the case,” he shrugged, “Why do you stay here?”

Xavier's feet sprung into life again, this time sending a message to his brain as they decided on a destination. He looked back at Ripp as he gestured for him to follow, and took him to the kitchen. He gazed out of a window, nodding in an indicative fashion at the view outside.

“This is why,” he told him, his face becoming sad as both now studied the back yard of his abode.

Ripp squinted as he peered through the translucent glass.

“What am I looking at?”

“Do you see the traffic cones?”

“Yeah,” Ripp agreed, craning his neck, “Is that some kinda crater?”

“It is,” Xavier replied, “At the bottom of that is our ship.”

“Your ship?” Ripp echoed, turning back to him, “What happened?”

“You have no idea how much junk there is floating in space around your world,” Xavier explained, “A disused satellite collided with our craft as we approached, and sent us crashing to Earth.”

“How many of you were there?”

“Two,” Xavier replied, “My twin brother Udo and I.”

He brought Ripp along to a table in the kitchen, with an urn resting upon its surface.

“Udo was the pilot,” he continued sullenly, “He died on impact.”

“Oh damn,” Ripp uttered, looking back at him, “I’m sorry.”

“Thank you,” Xavier acknowledged, gazing sadly at the urn as he continued his story. “He doesn’t rest though; he has been keeping me company here ever since.”

Ripp gazed at him with a questioning manner.

“Huh?” he checked, “You can see ghosts or something?”

“We certainly can,” came the reply, “Johnny’s father may have lost some of his natural ability through age, although he might still be able to see them too; it's one of the easiest gifts for us to master. Johnny will, without a doubt.” He eyed Ripp carefully as he spoke again. “That’s another way he may act abnormally; if he appears to be talking to an imaginary friend, you can be sure that he’s in fact speaking with a ghost.”

“Like your brother?”

“Exactly,” came the reply, “And many others too; if any nearby ghosts discover someone able to see them, they will flock to him like moths to a lantern, so he needs to exercise caution.”

No requests please
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2009, 04:05:54 am »

Woo - go Johnny XD

HA! To Buzz Cheesy But then again, how many of us should really be surprised? XD

And I have to bug... where did you get those AWESOME coloured torches? O_o Although I most likely have no use for them, they're still awesome! XD This was definitely well worth the wait Sadie Cheesy Can't wait to see how Johnny handles all his new abilities now that's he's unintentionally unlocked ALL of them o_o

Edit: First reply, woot! XD  Rock

I'm lurking... do not distrub the lurking... :smt106
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2009, 11:11:38 am »

Heh, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it Smiley About Buzz, I actually got the idea from a character in American Beauty - I wasn't going to do that initially, but once the ideas started they wouldn't leave me alone.

About the torches - I think I got the medieval style torch on MTS2, but none of them in that picture were actually turned on. I used Photoshop to add the flames, and played with lighting effects to add the coloured lights to the flames. Was a lot of work, but it was worth it Wink

No requests please
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:07 am »

Heh, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it Smiley About Buzz, I actually got the idea from a character in American Beauty - I wasn't going to do that initially, but once the ideas started they wouldn't leave me alone.

About the torches - I think I got the medieval style torch on MTS2, but none of them in that picture were actually turned on. I used Photoshop to add the flames, and played with lighting effects to add the coloured lights to the flames. Was a lot of work, but it was worth it Wink

Lol! I know that one - getting an idea and then having it sit in your mind till it finally takes form XD

And I Have to say - awesome job on the torches then O-O I never would have known they were photoshopped till you said something! Can't wait for the next chapter  Grin

I'm lurking... do not distrub the lurking... :smt106
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »

Alright  Grin
I kind of saw that coming with Buzz - the whole flashback and his freak-out when his dad asked if he was gay - but I like the scene with the therapist a lot.
And I can't wait to see what happens when Johnny wakes up!  Psychic, ghost-whispering aliens!  =D

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 09, 2009, 11:43:31 am »

Thanks guys Grin I do make work for myself though - gonna have to try editing an outfit for following chapters, and I'm not looking forward to it x_x In the meantime I still have an earful of Onyx so it might take a while. (Onyx is from my rainbow legacy; the guy in my avi is one of his sons.) I will get to it, I just need the motivation to work on the outfit and the rest will follow.

Thanks for your continued support anyway - two more to go now, then I can work on part two Grin

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  

Jump to: