Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:48:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Castaway storys downloads location  (Read 24218 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
darkelf
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:16:41 am »

just to let you know the insimenator mod works on this its just under tables in the buy mode
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:24:44 am »

Where did you install it and what version?

Thanks =)

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Have A Great Day-  Sara  [/FONT]
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:47:10 am »

Several people over on the official site are saying it doesn't work for Castaway, it shows up but spawns all kinds of weird things. But that the abduction telescope does work. If you want to try it, it's the same as with regular Sims. You just need to make a Downloads folder. The only thing I know for sure that works is hair/make-up and clothing. I'm sure a lot of the objects would work, just not so sure about the mods. There is a forum here also with an ask the Sims Team thread. They never answer. Wink Nothing new.
http://sims.yahoo.com/downloads
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:50:31 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
DonnaANN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »

It works, and it works well! Place it in your OVERRIDE file~
to do that, go to MY COMPUTER~ (C:)~ Programs~Castways Stories~   Electric Arts~ TSData~ Res~ OVERRIDES~ **
I have placed many custom objects here, and all work fine.... Its not in order ie,  Chairs and tables are all over in the files, but its works..
See photo shots...

YOU SHOULD BACK UP YOUR FILES! AND YOU STILL NEED A
DOWNLOAD FILE IN YOUR ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER IN YOUR DOCUMENTS!

* Overrides.jpg (151.58 KB, 683x1024 - viewed 6815 times.)

* instructions.jpg (124.36 KB, 683x1024 - viewed 6216 times.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:29:42 am by DonnaANN » Logged
mikevmg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:41:43 pm »

Thanks DonnaANN
Its Works very well
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:16 pm »

Yes, the Castaway Story downloads is possible. Make sure you unzip the downloads directly into the folder at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\Downloads

NOTE: **** would be your user name for the computer.

IF you don't have a Downloads folder in the above location, create one in the exact location shown above. Then unzip the downloads into that folder.  To make sure the custom content is enabled, go into the game and choose Options. You should see the game mechanics icon and click on that icon. Tick Enable for the custom content to show up. Save and exit the game. Then start up Castaway Stories.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
DonnaANN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:38:35 am »

Place the files in your Override folder ~ DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER FOLDER*
MAKE A FOLDER FOR DOWNLOADS*

Keep in mind, there are BUGS with the InSim~
you will get stuck in the water*
you may or may not be able to move on to the next Chapter.
Jumping Bug**
Digging may not be an OPTION anymore...

Don't scream at me if your game CRASHES! Use the InSim at your
own risk!!!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:43:35 am »

i dont blame ya when ya get confused...........

~ DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER FOLDER*
MAKE A FOLDER FOR DOWNLOADS*
:dontknow:

No longer active
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:47:57 pm »

OK, the location for the Castaways Downloads folder on your computer is:

Windows XP, Windows 2000:
~Documents and Settings\*your Windows user name*\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\Downloads

Windows Vista
~Users\*your Windows user name*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\Downloads

Windows 98, Millennium Edition
~\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\Downloads

Mac
~Home/Electronic Arts/The Sims™ Castaway Stories/Downloads

in all of these the tilde (~) is used to represent whatever hard drive on which these folders are housed. All of the names given above are in English, other language versions of the game and OS will usually be different in some regard.... like use Norwegian or Zulu for the folder names >_<

Below are attached the 5 bonus items for Sims Castaway Stories, extract the files from the RARs and then double-click the SimsCSPack files to create the Downloads folder if you can't find the location.  Then run the game one time to get them installed.  There isn't a "enable custom content" warning like you might have seen in the other stories games.  After that initial run, exit the game and use your file search tool to locate a folder named Downloads

* Chair_Barstool_Tiki.rar (12.91 KB - downloaded 760 times.)
* Fountain_TieredGarden.rar (16.6 KB - downloaded 769 times.)
* Painting_MaskTiki.rar (9.86 KB - downloaded 662 times.)
* Sculpture_Floor_WeatherStation2.rar (12.47 KB - downloaded 703 times.)
* Sofa_Loveseat_Tiki.rar (14.48 KB - downloaded 745 times.)

* castawaystories1.jpg (2.32 KB, 128x97 - viewed 7116 times.)

* castawaystories2.jpg (1.31 KB, 128x97 - viewed 7098 times.)

* castawaystories3.jpg (1.37 KB, 128x97 - viewed 7008 times.)

* castawaystories4.jpg (1.52 KB, 128x97 - viewed 6928 times.)

* castawaystories5.jpg (0.79 KB, 128x97 - viewed 7051 times.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:50:49 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
cookiejar01

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 07:24:40 am »

Everyone this has helped me alot. Thank you for sharing your great knowledge. Without you guys and gals for the answers to all my questions I would be lost. Thanks again
eleeinos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 05:33:54 pm »

Any way to import custom Sims in Castaway Stories? :/
gali

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 01:28:26 am »

1) If all your EA Downloads are not in folders, take out the Downloads folder (on your desktop), and create a "fake" Downloads folder in EA games. Thus, when you install a custom sim, it will be shown in your fake Dls folder, with all the clothes and hair.

This is the view of your sim in the Bodyshop:

2) Copy the files, create a subfolder in Castaway Downloads folder, name it Saved Sims, and paste them there. Copy the folder, and paste it in your dragged out Castaway Downloads folder.

Delete the fake Downloads EA folder, and drag back your dragged-out Downloads folder.

3)  Enter Castaway (after restarting the computer (Securom), click on the upper small head, to change the profile. If you are in Free Mode, enter to "Create a sim". When you choose the gender and the skin – enter to "heads" (second button), and choose your imported sim's head.

4)  The rest is easy….
Leticron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »

I have you know that I on my Vista SP1 I tried the Obj-version of Insim 2.7b and 2.8 (one after the other NOT both the same time;) and neither did show up. Not if I put it into Downloads nor if I put it into the Override folder.
But Importing a pre made Simie is absolutely no problem. Here is, how I did it, without juggling folders back and forth :
#1) Start Bodyshop of your actual Sims 2 Extension (mine was BV)
pick, edit and pack your chosen Sim. Normally it's saved to your desktop as .Sims2Pack.
#2) Now tie the Sims2Pack extension to the Castaway Package Installer
Normally under "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSBin\PackageInstaller.exe"
To do hat, you simply right-Click the Sim on your Desktop, go to "Open With" and give it the path to said PackageInstaller.exe.
Make sure to leave the Box about "...always open with..." checked
#3) Now all you have to do, is doubleklick the Sims2Pack and the PackageInstaller unpacks it into the correct directory, depending on YOUR installation...no more searching for the correct path via Sims2Pack Clean Installer etc.
Once your done with Castaway Stories, you can reverse the process and re-tie the extension Sims2Pack back to the Sims2Pack Clean Installer;)

-le
Danrizthepak

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 01:16:55 pm »

Quote from: gali;1247684
1) If all your EA Downloads are not in folders, take out the Downloads folder (on your desktop), and create a "fake" Downloads folder in EA games. Thus, when you install a custom sim, it will be shown in your fake Dls folder, with all the clothes and hair.

This is the view of your sim in the Bodyshop:

2) Copy the files, create a subfolder in Castaway Downloads folder, name it Saved Sims, and paste them there. Copy the folder, and paste it in your dragged out Castaway Downloads folder.

Delete the fake Downloads EA folder, and drag back your dragged-out Downloads folder.

3)  Enter Castaway (after restarting the computer (Securom), click on the upper small head, to change the profile. If you are in Free Mode, enter to "Create a sim". When you choose the gender and the skin – enter to "heads" (second button), and choose your imported sim's head.

4)  The rest is easy….

Um, im not sure how to tell you this but, custom content will not work in story mode unfortunately.

We are ninjas, u r ninjas we r ninjas too!:angel5:
gali

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 05:19:58 am »

Danriz, some of it works, and some - doesn't. Usually, if the CC requires only TS2 base game - it will work.
For instance, I downloaded the Inge's variation of Merola's Multi-painting (one square instead of 3), and it works perfectly in story mode - I can add skills, max motives, increase/decrease aspiration mood, increase/decrease hunger and all other motives, etc.
The last version of the Insim works in story mode only in the lot you play, but in free mode it works in community lots and other lots too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: