Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:42:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Installation  (Read 1741 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:20:39 pm »

Hi, is anyone computer savvy? when i try to install any expansion pack, when it asks you to put Disc 4 in at the end, it always says that there is a problem with the installation and ends the installation. I have had nothing but problems with this stupid computer. And also my computer resets itself without warning or an error code. And also when i download off the net it always says that the files are corrupt.

I have tried installin numerous times, and have formatted my computer twice. Could there be incompatibility issues with my hardware for it to do this? Or is it the operating system?

Char
xxx

snapzit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:43:06 pm »

It could be that your computer doesn't have the proper combination of things that work for this game. Check to see if there are incompatibilities using the references in the readme files that come with the game. You can look in 'my computer/device manager' to find this information.

Check to see if you have the updated drivers for your graphics card and that your operating system is up to date on patches, updates, etc. Do a cleanup on your hard drive. Run a disk scan and defrag if you haven't done that for a while.

If all those things check out ok, then you can panic. Mainly, this is a process of elimination to find what's bugging your computer. Have patience and go through the observation, compatibility, and maintenance steps. If none of this works, let us know.

When you find all of this information and if you do all those things and it still doesn't work, post your computer specs here. List your operating system, graphics card, RAM, CPU, and everything else you can think of that makes your computer go. There are many capable people here who can help sort it out.
snapzit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:47:07 pm »

BTW, you almost HAVE to become a bit computer savvy to play this game and have it work right, especially if you use a lot of custom content and any hacks. So, get to know your computer.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:23:01 pm »

I do know a bit bout computers, i am currently studyin a computer course at college! This is a new computer i bought off EBay, nothing works right with it, the most i can do is connect with the internet.

I have been playing my sims fine on it until the other day it rebooted and wouldn't let me boot into windows, so i formatted it and now it won't let me bloody install... and now my old crappy computer don't work anymore!

There is absolutely nothing on my hardrive apart from my sims and antivirus software and the internet.

Even when installing the operating system it reboots when it isn't supposed to... i'm thinkin a hardware problem is to blame.

My computer specs include:

GEForce 7300 512mb graphics card
2048mb of RAM
3ghz dual core processor
and an 160gb SATA harddrive

It is a 64-Bit machine but i have a 32-Bit operating system installed but i read up on this and found that it should work.

Any ideas peeps?

Char
xxx

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:27:27 pm »

Sorry to double post i am getting desperate now. my comp won't let me even install windows! can formatting the comp ruin the harddrive?

Char
xxx

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:09 pm »

I spoke to my computer tech (a real one) and he says that it might be that you're lacking the operating system files that Windows requires in order to boot. I'd say that you should get it checked out by a real tech and have them reinstall the files and all the software that your computer requires to run just windows.
Hope this helps out.

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 04:24:09 pm »

I now have it installed but it still corrupts files and won't let me install my sims :-(

Char
xxx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: