Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:26:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't place beach lots!!!  (Read 3988 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fytj

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:17:20 pm »

I downloaded several beach lots I really liked but I can't place them anywhere! I place them correctly, with a bit of water flooding them but it won't work. When I place an empty beach lot on the exact same spot it works but when I remove it and try placing a beach lot of the same size with a house on it it won't work. WHAT'S WRONG???
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:35:35 am »

probably the slope down to the beach (if there is one) is different on your hood's terrain, then the terrain the lot was built on.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:54:16 am »

But wouldn't the lot automatically level it then? I even downloaded a neighbourhood by Phaenoh that was MADE for beach lots and I still can't place them...
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 07:55:51 pm »

nope it won't flatten them, beach lots are very picky when it comes to the slope. Which is why when I make terrains I always make them so the beach lots will be flat, that way I can reuse my beach lots in all my hoods.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:40:33 am »

That sounds logical. It's only sad that not everybody thinks like that cause some houses look gorgeous but can't be played because of the slope. Oh well, at least I tried. Thanks for your advice!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 07:42:03 pm »

your welcome. I feel bad for people like yourself that download beach lots and then can't use them.

I think some people make custom subhoods for their main hoods using terrains that have different beach slopes to increase their chances of being able to use the beach lots they download.

Simbology
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:48:13 pm »

I had the same problem with you fytj when BV first came out. I became so pissed off about it, so I got determined to have beautiful beach lots in my game that I ended up learning to re-create the lots and therefore expanding my knowledge in building A LOT.

Trust me, the results will be a lot more rewarding than you can imagine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: