Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:38:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most surprising thing that your Sims have ever done?  (Read 54228 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:31:46 pm »

The title says it all.
I'll start off: Benjamin Long, who was a townie in my game, became a loving, devoted family man to his wife, Ivy,who is also an converted townie. They have 3 children. The stereotypical family with ups and downs, but very happy.
After I installed NL, I found out that he wanted to be a vampire! Honest to god, that has never happened to any of my simmies, and so I obliged him.
He is very happy as a vampire, has bitten Marsha Bruenig, and has made friends with one of the grand vampires in town.
That is very strange and startling to me..because most of the simmies have a interest in vampires, or not-or an outright fear of becoming one. Benjamin did an about face and threw my game off for a few moments.
Has anything unusual like this happened in your game? Has your simmie completely turned into something you didn't expect, or wanted something that you had no idea they wanted?

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:20:25 am »

Oh yes, mostly in my case since starting to play Strangetown (properly, I mean Tongue), in particular the Grunts, since my story's focussed mainly on them.

Apparently Tank's a sod in other people's games, but in mine he's a darling :love2: That negative relationship he had with Ripp got fixed with no intervention from me - the two brothers were hugging and kissing each other, chatting and getting on pretty well from that alone.

Meanwhile, their two-nice-point, want-to-fight-everyone father has been going around trying to hug everybody! :oogle: Even Ripp, although probably owing to their score (and maybe memories?), the kid keeps rejecting him, thus driving their relationship down even more. Those two just won't get on Wink Weird about Buzz though - he makes a pretty good father!

No requests please
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:28:43 am »

I have this happen all the time. I had a teen Sim that got to level three in mechanical skills and decided she could fix anything all on her own. Wouldn't wait for anyone to call the repair people. I loved that Sim she kept me laughing. I had to tail her around every waking minute, I was afraid she was going to get killed. Once she was upstair playing a Sim game and I thought ok she's safe nothing is broken. I went downstairs to check on her new little brother. Wasn't even 5 minutes later here she comes all fried and just walking around like nothing is wrong. I don't know how she survived, that was the norm with her. lol

Then I had a Sim that wanted to be a werewolf. His wife was was petrified of everything I think. So, I tried to keep the wolves away. Wouldn't let him go outside if they were there. I don't know how he managed to do it...I think when I was busy with her taking care of the baby. But all of a sudden she started crying and wringing her hands. I went and checked on him, sure enough he got bit. I never got to see him as a werewolf though/behaving as a Werewolf for long. I went and changed him back as soon as I caught it. Even though I wanted to see a Werewolf in my game. His wife? She never did stop wringing her hands and sobbing. I tried moving them, everything I could think to do. Drove me bonkers I hated playing that family after that. So I took some time and played just them till they became elders and died just to get rid of them.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:23 am »

I'm always surprised when they look at me.  I never expect it.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:05:01 pm »

I think after playing for 4 yrs, nothing really doesn't surprise me much.  I am glad to see this thread. I had a little shock when I finally saw a sim sponge bath, without any cheats or direction by me.

You know when sims follow their spouses around, like while one is in the bathroom bathing, then the other sim want to bath, even if their hygiene is 1/16th of the way down. LOL, the sponge bathing sim was directed by me to go use the bathroom and take a bath. Her hubby decides he wants to bath at that time and that action cannot be filled by the wife. I heard the swipe sound when the spin to change clothes, I saw a nude sim taking a sponge bath. I was so tickled, especially when the family has more than one bath and she wouldn't not leave, just stood there and took care of business.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
maddie172

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 03:13:46 pm »

Every now and then one of my heavily pregnant sims will stand up and place her hands on the small of her back, close her eyes and stretch and groan. As if to say, 'Oh my god, my back is killing me, this baby is getting so heavy!' Then sometimes after she's rubbed her back, she looks at me and waves to get attention, 'Can't you see I'm miserable here? Let me have the baby soon!' I thought it was a nice touch to the game, but they always do it by themselves and I have no idea how to make them do it. It's really cool to see though.

Phoebe: I love Drunk Monica! She's so much more fun than Regular Monica!
Succy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:01:43 pm »

Not sure if this fits in the category of "surpising" things that sims do, but there's a specific sim in my old neighborhood who keeps scratching her armpits.

ALL THE TIME.

She has enough neatness points to not justify her acting like a total slob with every given chance, so I am wondering if there's similar things unique to sims that make them so special and adorable, if they are random or determined by personality points.

Caught in the act... again.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:24 pm »

lol@Succy pictures. I've never had a female sim do that before. The guys do it all the time expecially the teens. Drives me bonkers it's like what's wrong with you now? No you don't stink you had your once a year shower now put your arm down.

Lewis: I've never seen a Sim sponge bathe. Sad I've read they'll go the bathroom in the bush also, but I've never seen that or the flour baby.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:31 pm »

Oh, I've seen the flour sack baby, the globe head, and even had a couple of the fortune sims completely break down and start begging on the street! That one really got me-Mortimer Goth standing there with a sign printed with the simoleon sign (no joke!) and a tin cup begging for money! Hysterical!

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:06:39 am »

If a romance sim has an aspirational break down, they'll start dancing with a broom.

Family is flour sack child.

Fortune is begging on the street.

Popularity is talking to a cardboard cup with a face drawn on it and arms glued to it.

I can't remember Knowledge. -EDIT It's Professer von Ball learning. A Soccer Ball With a Chalk Board. Thanks Sadie79!

I've Never Gotten a Pleasure Breakdown. -EDIT It's Lampshade With Face Drawn on it on Sim's head. Thanks Sadie79!

And a Grilled Cheese one is they start eating a grilled cheese drawn on the back of a piece of cardboard.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:17:18 am by Arialonomus » Logged

Science makes everything sound painful.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:08:52 am »

I have the picture of the sim sponge bathing, her back is pictured, I hope it is not offensive. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:21 am »

LOL @ aspiration failures :lol: From what I gather, knowledge is "learning from Professor Von Ball" - a football (soccer) wearing a mortarboard Cheesy I've seen a picture, not had it happen myself. Pleasure = lampshade, maybe? I know the lampshade animation's under Nightlife on one of the boxes of tricks I own Wink

I've seen sponge bathing before. That does annoy me about the bathroom, where all the family members with even the slightest green-yellow hygiene score will flock to the same place for a bubble bath angry

Don't suppose there's a non-auto hugging hack out there somewhere? Buzz is starting to get on my nerves with that fixation of his... novel way to make enemies, that's for sure! :laughing:

No requests please
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 11:49:27 am »

I had an elder,she got a makeover she didn't like,,then she would look at me and pee on the floor.
The general(Buzz?)usualy lectured the shower and potatochips bags.
A very nice ladysim but very shy had long conversations with the kitchen furnitures.Especialy with the fridge,but the counters and the trash thing got atention too,lol.She wouldn't talk to people,when she had guests she went to the kitchen and joked with the fridge,her best friend.Her husband was very understanding.When I got in Echos vegetables(this is very long ago) she became friend with the corn.I believe the corn was very funny because it made her laugh histericaly,lol.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 12:57:37 pm »

I had a suicidal child sim. No, not kidding. He was toasting marshmallows and decided it would be a neat trick to walk into the fire and burn.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »

These just get weirder and weirder :oogle: Never known of a sim talking with the furniture! How'd that happen?

Yes, Buzz is the General - his behaviour in your game sounds more appropriate Wink He surprised me earlier, actually - playing punch-you-punch-me with Tank (given how serious they both are, that in itself was pretty strange). Note that this is Tank he's playing with, not Ripp whom he hates, yet he gave him a nasty whack while they were playing. For some reason Tank got pissed and stormed off... (I would too if my Dad smacked me like that)

That one with the child and the fire sounds pretty scary! Makes me a little paranoid about having bonfires :pale:

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: