Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:41:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: converting a teen mesh to an adult one  (Read 5786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ang41187

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:32 pm »

About a month ago over at MTS2 I started seeing conversions of the Teen Style Stuff meshes converted from teen to adult/ya & sometimes even child. I tried PMing the creator to ask them how they did it, but never got a response. So, my question is, how would I convert between meshes. Especially the teen to adult & adult to elder (cause there's so few good elder clothes out there)

Oh, and if anyone knows how to make a fat and/or pregnant morph for meshes that don't have them, could you please let me know?

If someone could help me out, that'd be great!

Angie
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:57:14 pm »

Do you know how to extract a mesh and such with Simpe?
Have you done the basic tutorials?
Any Milkshape knowledge?
If so then its a peace of cake Cheesy
You can easily convert the male or female kid to male teen to male adult and back.
And Female Teen to adult and back is very easy.
The Elders have a diffrent bodyshape and can not be converted to any other shape/gender or age.

Maybe ill write a tutorial for it.......
the info bout adding a morph you find here:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=47855
Its for a pregmorph but Fatmorph works the same.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:00:43 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:45:05 am »

ang41187
There is a few steps to converting a mesh to another age bracket.

But most of all I'm sure you won't run into any game crashing issues like the Baggy T.

LOL what a way to start off your first upload.

I'm pretty confident you won't have the same thing happen ever again.

Ang41187

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:28:47 pm »

Bloom: I've done the first two Unimesh tutorials over at MTS2 & hope to start the 3rd one too, so I do have a bit of experience w/ meshing, Milkshape & SimPE. A tutorial on making conversions would be great! If you do write one, please send me a link! Also, thanks for the link to the morph tutorial.

Exportdry: That was quite a way to start off! I definately won't be making that mistake again! Thanks so much again for all your help.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:41:59 pm »

ok, here goes:
I just did the cheerleader teen to adult Smiley so i am fresh, took me 25 min but normally i do it in like 10 minutes, because i also fixed the breasts and split up a few faces there to smoothen them.

Teen to adult:

*Import a adult female mesh in Milkshape without the morphs.
*Import the teen mesh you want to convert with morph.
*select both the teen and the morph
*go to scale options and set it to origin in scale options.
*Set the values for x/y/z to 1.064
*Scale
Go to front view and lift the few verts on the upperarm and neck area till they come close to the adult one and then use Wes his normal/vertex data merge tool to fix  the seam for the head.
you can do this manual with extended manual edit but once your used to the merge tool you dont want anything else.
The breast come close to the adult, not that important to change.
Same with the thigs, depends how accurate you want to be.

When done delete the first adult female mesh and export.

Edit,
When using the data merge tool, make sure your reference mesh is always on top of your groups list.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:47:03 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
siems

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:00:07 am »

I'm wondering is it possible to convert an adult mesh to teen. I've tried taking an adult mesh (in Poser) and scaling it down to 94%, exporting as I've always done, and using MeshTool before replacing the mesh in simpe but while the mesh doesn't give a "too many vertices" error it doesn't preview and appears as an explosion of polygons in BS.

Am I missing a step, or is regressing messhes from adult to teen more than a case of scaling to the right size?
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:00:20 pm »

Basically when I convert Import a teen mesh, scale down the adult mesh mesh as much as possible to the right size in milkshape, extended manual edit to the appropriate places then remove the teen mesh as you need the skeleton of the teen mesh for the resized mesh to work properly.

So the same goes for converting to and adult mesh from teen.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 07:04:19 am »

Quote from: siems;1161343
I'm wondering is it possible to convert an adult mesh to teen. I've tried taking an adult mesh (in Poser) and scaling it down to 94%, exporting as I've always done, and using MeshTool before replacing the mesh in simpe but while the mesh doesn't give a "too many vertices" error it doesn't preview and appears as an explosion of polygons in BS.

Am I missing a step, or is regressing messhes from adult to teen more than a case of scaling to the right size?

Adult to teen works the same but wat you prolly forgot is that you have to assigne a teen skeleton to it?
This is how it works in Milkshape, its so simple........
* import teen mesh
*import adult mesh
*select adult mesh(and morphs, if wanted)
*choose scale and set all to 0.94 and set scaling options to origine.
*scale
*fix the neck and shoulders(and thighs if you like or necesarry)
delete the original teen mesh and export
Done Wink

You cant use Poser to scale the adult down unless you made a objx file for it, for the teen skeleton that is.
Or, but i dont know how that works, assigne a new teen skeleton to your scaled down mesh with meshtool.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:07:17 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
siems

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:17:59 am »

Thanks for the help everyone. I've managed to get simple converting down pat, and it all works fine Cheesy

The only problem I'm getting in milkshape is that whenever I import gmdc files I get a huge mess of blue vertices covering everything. I can still easily resize meshes, but these things get in the way whenever I want to do any fiddly work. I just can't find an option to disable them so I can see better.

What do I do?

EDIT: NM, found out through a quick forum search that i shouldve done first Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:21:13 am by siems » Logged
Lula77

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 01:25:45 pm »

Blom: You make it sound so darn simple. I have tryed the begginer meshing tutorial but I did not even see the outcome of it! Did not show at all at bodyshop! Spent the whoul darn day and almost all night to learn that so called easy meshing thing. angry Aighter I am braindead or just simply to stoneaged (even if I am only 31 years of age)to learn! And you make it sound like it was peace of cake simple as making breakfirst. shocked rolleyes

The only reson I use this avatar. Is cause Antonio Torres is the sim hunk of my dreams.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 03:19:37 pm »

Blom: You make it sound so darn simple. I have tryed the begginer meshing tutorial but I did not even see the outcome of it! Did not show at all at bodyshop! Spent the whoul darn day and almost all night to learn that so called easy meshing thing. angry Aighter I am braindead or just simply to stoneaged (even if I am only 31 years of age)to learn! And you make it sound like it was peace of cake simple as making breakfirst. shocked rolleyes

yes, it is darn simple Lula.....for me it is. Wink
The problem is that most peeps start of the wrong way.
If you want to convert a teen to adult then make sure you start of with a adult recolor and the correct adult mesh attached to it.
Make that package/recolor work correct in bodyshop.
Then replace the gmdc in the mesh.package with a scaled teen version BUT with a adult skeleton!!!!

So if you convert a teen to adult you MUST start with the import of a adult mesh in Milkshape so you have the correct adult skeleton.
Then you import the teen mesh without its skeleton(bones) and scaled it to adult size.
You fix the neck area(i use Wesh his normal/vertex tool) and delete the original adult mesh.
You can try Yakov his tutorial but i think its much more complicater the way he explains it.....

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: