Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:45:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 129348 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »

You know, I had a read through the handicaps list and read through this thread again - suddenly certain things slotted into place (and raised a little smile Wink). Like the sink in every room... not to mention the "real" reason for your posting this, perhaps? Wink I wondered why legacy stories started popping up - I'm debating whether or not to post mine since a) I'm just starting out, b) therefore things went wrong, c) I'm lacking in pictures in some places :dontknow:

Anyway, hijack over... :angel:

ETA: Never mind... don't know how, but I lost it angry Oh well, back to the drawing board - at least now I know what not to do...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:46:10 am by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:28 pm »

i love the story!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2008, 01:05:23 am »

I love all the discussion as to who should be heir.  Keep it up!

Sadie - LOL!  Yes, I wanted a challenge, so I foolishly dove deep into the handicap list and picked as many as I thought I could handle.  Hence, the sinks and burglar alarms, the founder and heirs all writing their own novels and me telling the story.  I messed things up quite a bit and almost quit on the first day because things were going so horribly.  That's when I had my first cheat, by having Elwyn take a downloaded career.  There were several others, so I decided not to score anymore.  Now I'm just having fun.

This is actually only my second legacy.  My first one I made it to generation 5 before I started losing interest.  I may or may not go back to it.  But I thought if I told a story, maybe that would keep me interested.  And it has.  I'm loving this family so much that I jumped way ahead with playing, and therefore didn't get adequate pictures for some chapters.  But I think I'm kind of getting the hang of it, and thinking of more interesting things to say.

What do you mean you lost it?  Your whole legacy?  What happened?

2*B~Weird - Welcome!  How cool that you went and downloaded some stuff from Sugah's.  Doesn't she have some beautiful stuff?  

Well, I'm pretty shallow when it comes to my sims - but I know I'm not the only one.  I started with a pretty founder, and picked pretty sims for mates.  But that's not a guarantee - you can still end up with some pretty funky looking kids, lol.

Yes!  Start a legacy!  It's a lot of fun, especially to see your sim start with a little and then build up a fortune through several generations.

Thanks a bunch for your compliments.

Thank you, Karla!  I'm glad you liked it.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2008, 02:33:10 am »

Hey, you are reading my story so I thought I would stop by and check out some of yours.. this legacy one is great, and I'm thinking I might make my Legacy a story as well Smiley

Ive only read to chapter 10, but i just had to comment bout the cat picture saying call the police, that was absolutely hilarious and MAN with the no privacy in the bathroom.. CRAZY, anyways I am going to keep on reading now! Cheesy

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2008, 11:01:51 am »

Well thank you!  I'm glad you jumped on board - welcome! Smiley

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2008, 03:29:40 pm »

A lot of people do that - which is why there are so many unfinished legacy stories (and legacies in general) out there.

This is only my second attempt at a legacy, so I don't really know any tips - but posting here and getting feedback has helped be quite a bit.  Some people like to have a certain theme for their legacy, and that keeps them interested.

Most Maxis sims are fugly, I'll give you that.  But there are a couple of downtownies that are pretty decent looking - pretty, even.  I don't know if you like downloading, but you could download a set of default replacement faces and then generate your own townies - that would be sure to give you some attractive hopefuls.  Otherwise, you could get a teleporting item and 'scope out' the prospects.  I love this item, by Paladin's Place.  It can be found under 'Sims 2/Objects/Other Objects/Visual teleporter'.  It is a yellow vase that enables you to teleport any sim in the game directly to your lot.  This will enable you to look at all their portraits and see what sims are in your neighborhood.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2008, 05:30:20 pm »

@Ari: What happened? I'm not sure, just one minute I was playing fine (apart from trying to find the download messing with pet pregnancies), then I open up the AnyGame folder - I was playing game 3 (so I don't have to keep taking downloads out just to play), and there were only 2 folders. My legacy game had evaporated somehow Sad Just as well I was still on the 1st generation, else I'd be really upset. Doing things a little better this time - sort of - not as many mods, just the bug fixes and main annoyance busters, but it's taking longer to find the founder a mate.. while her cat's recently had kittens. Think I'll have to break out the elixir if this keeps up...

Anyway though, I'm usually the same with keeping things going. I think the storyteller handicap is gonna be my best bet, since I have to write a story. I have an idea in mind too, considering the sim I used for founder ^_^

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2008, 06:30:17 pm »

Sadie - Not another buggy download - ugh.  You finally found the other one and now another?  

Well - that's a bummer to be sure - the whole game just vanished.  But,  better now than later, I suppose, after you had spent several generations building up the family.  Do you know what caused the problem so it doesn't happen again?  Are you going to keep score?  One of these days I'll try to do one and keep score, lol.  It's very cool, though, watching your family grow.  Pretty neat concept.  Will you post your story here?  I look forward to reading it. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 06:56:28 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

2B - I keep forgetting so many people have Insimenator, lol.  I don't have it.

Themes can be whatever you want - I didn't really do much of a theme for Avalon, I just like elves...a lot Smiley .  My first legacy attempt was done in a Medieval theme - clothes, furnishings, and house.  I heard of one where you could start your sims out at a primitive level, and each generation can represent a different era or time period in history - like the Victorian era or the '80's with clothes and stuff to fit.  That would take a lot of time and effort, but for some people it's fun.  

I'm doing a kind of fun relaxed legacy with some friends at Planet the Sims Forum, where I like to hang out, and I'm doing a beach theme, sort of.  The whole house is on stilts, each room is a different structure and are all connected by walkways.  It has an 'island' feel to it, with tiki style furniture and sand dunes in the back with palm trees.  The family's last name is Beach.  I have an automatic greeter, so everyone who enters the lot makes themselves at home, and the family grills hotdogs all the time.  It's a constant beach party.  It's just a fun thing, though, and we're all making our own rules and doing things our own way.  I think the only things we have in common is not using money cheats, rolling random aspirations for teens, and marrying townies.  

And I don't see why you can't create your own townies, as long as you make them random.  I'm all for making a gene pool for your sims to marry.  We had all talked about that, too, as long as aspirations, turn-ons and turn-offs and personalities were rolled randomly.  I don't know if the legacy rules cover that or not.  But if you're just playing for fun, that's cool.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2008, 08:55:19 pm »

@Ari: Yeah, it sucks ¬_¬ Definitely better for happening now, but no, I've no idea what happened. I can't keep score if I wanted to - too many mods in the game files (motive adjustments) that I'm not taking out just for a challenge, so it's just for fun. Same reason in fact that I'm still keeping some mods in. When I do get a story together I'll post it here Smiley For now though, I'm trying to figure out why I can't set up the holiday sub-hoods - someone else on MATY was having the same problem - details here.

No requests please
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2008, 11:18:53 pm »

I think a lot of the Legacy stories would turn out like this one, but you do have such pretty sims, I'm totally jealous.. I don't even know how to manage townies, like how to mess with them or anything. I guess I haven't messed around with the game as much as I thought I had, haha..

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2008, 11:45:13 pm »

Tell you what you do. Find a good set of replacement templates - a good one that I'm using for mine is this one by terrakosmos and plop them into your Downloads folder. Grab whatever empty templates you'll need from here and follow the instructions - this'll make sure you don't get any fugly Maxis townies. Then load up your game and make your custom hood, set up your founder and, once in your lot, go into debug mode and spawn the NPC/Townie maker (will either be a tree or gun, depending which EPs you have). Using the "Make all" option from that you can generate all your townies, and they'll use your face replacements Smiley Or you can make your own, but it's more tedious. I find this way easier Wink

Not all legacy stories will look like this. Medagic's got one that's laid out like a proper story (A Little Confused). Mine's gonna follow a diary format Smiley

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:13 am »

2B - LOL - a 'no-theme' theme is probably the best and easiest route to go.  I hope you have fun with your legacy.  Are you going to try to make a story out of it?

Sadie - oy!  I hope you find the problem with your subhoods.

Have you had much luck with the cleaned up/empty neighborhood templates?  I've been curious, but haven't tried it, yet.  I've just, erm, disposed of all of the default townies and made my own.  I used the debug force townie method, though, instead of spawning the maker.  What is the difference between the two?

What default skin/eyes do you use in your game?  I'm using Louis skin, Yumedust eyes, and Selzi face replacements.  They seem to all blend together pretty well.

I look forward to meeting your founder!

Savemykisses - You need to find your own style for your legacy - it can be whatever you want it to be.  I love Medagic's version because it's refreshingly different than many other legacies, but I wanted to do mine the way I did because I needed something lighthearted (because my other story is so intense sometimes).

As far as townies go - they pretty much all suck.  But, there are several nice looking downtownies to choose from.  Do you have Nightlife?  If so, I'd be happy to point you some of my favorites.

Dagmar Bertino the mailgirl is really cute.  She's a huge slob, though, lol.
If you're able to use the agesimscheat (can't remember what ep it comes with), Waylon the elderly repairman makes a very attractive adult.

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2008, 02:44:21 pm »

I kind of wanted to do it without cheating, and i've been doing good so far. he does make an attractive adult, though. I have every expansion pack except BV, at the moment.. working on getting that one soon, too..

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2008, 02:48:25 pm »

I don't consider using the agesimscheat as actual cheating, because you're still using a townie/npc.  I've used to grow kids and teens up, too, to open up more possibilities - but everyone has their own level of comfort.

Something you may consider though, is using default skin and eye replacements - they make a big difference in the appearance of townies/downtownies.

Oh!  And don't forget to scope out those Universities!  Some of them have some cuties!

Good luck!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: