Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:41:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 127358 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 06:44:32 pm »

Yeah, that's the sad part about the Legacy Challenge - death eventually comes to everyone.  If you kept them all alive you'd be over run in no time.

The CC - do you mean the walls?  You can find those at Sugah's Place.  She has some really awesome stuff!

Thanks for stopping by for a read!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2008, 07:38:33 am »

yeah, thats probly way my game runs so slow! i cant part with like half my sims...lol

yeah i was talking about the walls, and the hair. Especially the hair. And the default skin tones, and the clothes.
^.^

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:30 pm »

LOL - so, just about everything, then?  I get hair and skin from all over, so if you like something specific I can try to look it up for you.  I use Louis defaults for skin.

Dang it!  I wanted to put this picture in the chapter, but I couldn't find it!  I ran across it today while I was browsing through the pics for the next chapter.  I had misplaced it - duh!  It's even creepier than the other one.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 04:43:26 pm »

Okay, now that's a scary picture. :shock:

And to go back to the telescope thing, in my Strangetown, everyone who uses the telescope during the day seems to end up spying on Vidcund Curious. He spends a lot of time running around the place angrily poking people. Haven't tried to see who he spys on yet... Smiley
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 04:43:29 pm »

It almost looks like she's the Grim Reaper itself...wow O.o
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 12:23:21 pm »

Yeah - Vidcund is the town paranoid in Strangetown - I've had issues with him, too.

Yes, very scary picture!  Kind of gives you chills, doesn't it?

Chapter 7

It wasn't long before Pyrus came back in ghost form.

Though it gave me a bit of a start, I enjoyed seeing his ghost.  I was his first scare.

Dad finally finished his book.  He seemed pretty proud of himself.

That is, until his publisher called.  The book isn't doing too well.  Poor Dad.  

It's time!  Kenya gives birth in the bedroom (note our matching bedspread.  It finally came in.)  She gives birth to...

A beautiful baby girl with my golden eyes and both her parents' dark skintone.  Her name is Alynna.

The baby days are pretty boring.  Since Kenya and I still work some pretty long hours and my folks are retired, Mom takes care of Alynna for us.  It seems like all she ever does though is poop,

eat,

poop,

eat some more,

and poop some more.

After a mind numbing infancy, Alynna's first birthday came.

And there she is!  Isn't she precious?

And the first thing I do after eating my cake is put Alynna on the potty.  No more dirty diapers!

This stuff will help a lot.

But potty training is still boring.  Especially in the middle of the night.

I couldn't wait to teach Alynna the more exciting things in life, like walking.

And talking.

Me:  Okay, Alynna, say 'Daddy'.

Alynna:  No

Me:  Sigh

Me:  Come on, you can do it.  Da dee.  You try.

Alynna:  No

Why is their first word always 'no'?

Alynna:  Bottle

Me:  Bottle!  Very good!

Oh well.  You have to take your successes when you can get them.

Parenthood is great.  Just look at my little angel.

Me:  I really appreciate you taking the time to potty train me, Mom.  It sure is a lot of hard work.

In all the excitement we forgot to take a birthday picture.  But here is our beautiful Alynna, heir to the Avalon Legacy, as a child.  We are very blessed.

Sigh.  Dad is so grouchy.  I don't even know why he was lecturing Alynna.  He's not happy unless he's complaining about something.

He was pretty proud of himself afterward, but Alynna wasn't impressed.

Isn't she a cutie?

She's just about the perfect child.  And she learns so quickly.  I just know she's going to aspire to knowledge like her dad and grandpa.

Awwww.

Me:  Oh - don't do that sweetie.  We don't eat the bubbles.

Alynna:  Yuck!

I'm so excited to be a dad.  I want the best of everything for my little girl.  Today I built her a wedding pavilion, so when the time comes for her to get married, she can do it in style.  It's a little premature, I know, but I just coulnd't help myself.

Dad really wanted to help Alynna with her homework.  I let him.  I kind of wanted to do it myself, but with such long hours it was difficult for me to squeeze it in.

Aw, poor child.  Looks like Pyrus is making his rounds again.

There's that weird chick again.  Claiming Kenya was spying on her with the telescope.  I mean, does she really think we have nothing better to do than watch her?

You go girl!  That's my wife.  She's not going to take it without giving it right back.  I'm so glad I married her.

Alynna:  Can you help me catch a ladybug, dad?

Me:  Gross.  I hate bugs.  They're creepy and crawly, and most of them are dirty.

Me:  And let me tell you something else.  Their legs are scratchy and hairy, and it really creeps me out when they crawl on me.

Me:  Aw, not soup again!  You know I hate the stuff!

The last time I ate your soup I burned my tongue!  Why can't we have something else for dinner?

Alynna:  Grandma, can you help me catch a ladybug after dinner?

Jess:  I don't like bugs, dear.  They're nasty little critters.  Young ladies don't catch bugs.

Alynna was excited to get her first A+.  See?  I told you she was brilliant.

Aw.  I don't care where you come from, that's just cute.

Elwyn:  Alynna needs to clean up her toys.  I just stubbed my toe on one of them.  

Sigh.  Pop is so grouchy.

Ow.  He hits pretty hard for an old man.  And enjoys it.

Alynna:  Hey, what are you guys talking about?

Me:  Nothing honey (snicker)

Alynna:  Are you guys talking about Mom?  I'm gonna tell!

Me:  No (snicker), we're not talking about Mom. (Ha ha ha)

My parents are starting to act strange.  I suspect they're getting senile.  Today Mom took the breakfast dishes and wandered all the way out to the wedding pavilion, set them down, and then just stared at them.  Like she couldn't remember what she was supposed to be doing.

And Dad has been saying the weirdest things.

Elwyn:  You got to keep things clean, son.  Otherwise the mess will draw rats.

Me:  We don't have any rats, dad.

Elwyn:  Of course we don't.  Because I always keep the house impeccable.

Me:  Sigh.  Whatever, dad.

Dad isn't always a grouch.  He enjoys playing with his granddaughter.  The two of them have gotten pretty close.

I spend a lot of time reading to my little princess, too.  Er, I'm not sure why we're reading in the bathroom.  Maybe I thought it was the best place to read a story about toilets?

It's that time again.  Time for the interview with the headmaster of the private school.  I really want my daughter to go.  It will be like a family tradition.  Kenya greets him while I Mom cooks T-bone steaks.  She told me that she made them when the headmaster came out for the interview when I was a child, and they were a hit.

Oh, they're a hit, alright.  He scarfs them down like he's starving to death.

Unfortunately, I have business on the other side of the house, so I must witness this apalling display of manners.

I'm so disgusted I can barely hide my disdain for this type of behavior.

Ugh.  Can you say 'Not Legacy Material'?

Like any pig, he's cleaned his plate before the rest of my refined family has even put a dent in theirs.  If you ask me, I think we're too good for his school.

We pass with flying colors.  I really expected no less.

He shook Kenya's hand, then just stood there creepily staring at her.

What the heck is he looking at?

Our lovely daughter in her uniform.  She looks so smart.

This is what it's all about, folks.  The essence of parenthood.  Everyday when I get home from work, Alynna drops whatever she's doing, rushes outside, and gives me a big hug.  It doesn't get much better than this.

Too soon, it's time to say goodbye to the childhood years and welcome the teens.

We all gather around and cheer her on.  Go ahead, sweetie, blow out your candles and make a wish!

She just keeps getting prettier.  I just know she's going to make us proud.  She already has.

What will Alynna aspire to be?  Will she follow the path of Knowledge, as Alwyn hopes, or will she want something else?  What kind of person is she?  Tune in to the next chapter to find out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:18:46 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 01:21:36 pm »

That is one hot family you have there, Ari! Cheesy Great update, gave me a good chuckle :lol:

No requests please
glambabe

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

I love this legacy!! Can't wait for more!! ^^

:blob5:The Sims 2    {RULEZ}:blob5:
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 02:16:50 am »

Wow. Trying to make up for the lack of pictures in the previous generation? Smiley
Cute, cute family there. Mom is really keeping her looks well.
And Ghost Cat! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 12:02:46 pm »

Thanks, guys!

Sadie - I got pretty lucky with some of the downtownies and townies I've found, and the defaults really make a difference.  Thanks for the comments!

Glambabe - Thank you!  I realize it's not quite like other legacy stories out there, but I'm trying to find my own style and hoping people like it.  Thanks for reading!

Steelguy - Actually, all the pictures I've taken so far were from playing the family months ago.  I got really eager and played way far ahead (mistake) then sat looking at the pictures wondering why I took some of them and forgetting where I was trying to get to.  This explains why I had so few during Alwyn's childhood - I didn't realize that chapter was going to turn out so anemic.  But I'm happy I had more for Alynna's childhood - because it's too late to go back and take more.  In the game, she's already produced the next generation, and in the story she's barely a teen.  In the future, I'm going to try not to get so far ahead of myself.  I just like the family so dang much, I'm starting to miss them, lol.  Glad you liked it!

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2008, 02:14:02 am »

lol Too cute! I love your sarcastic humor. Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:51 am »

Thanks, Diana!  I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smiley

mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2008, 06:25:29 pm »

Lol, i love it!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2008, 12:08:14 pm »

Thanks!  I'm happy people are enjoying it.

xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:47 pm »

LUV IT!!

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: