Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:39:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avalon Legacy - Updated 12/03/08 - Chapter 23  (Read 127442 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2008, 01:48:17 am »

Yes, you're good at giving your sims interesting names! Me, I can never think of any. They all have pretty boring names. :lol:

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2008, 01:54:33 am »

Well, I kinda cheated.  Usually my names suck.  I always kind of forget that part when a new baby is born, then sit staring at the naming screen forever.  Then I pick the first thing that comes into my head, because otherwise I won't get any playing done.  For this legacy, though, I planned ahead and looked up from Elven names from 20,000 names.  What a life saver!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2008, 03:03:41 am »

Okay, those eyes are nothing. When Pascall Curious had his alien baby in my game? Bulbous, protruding, pitch black eyes. And a tiny nose.

I used a face modding tool on him soon as I could. I mean, 'twere a face only a birth queen could love...

Great update as usual. Love the way you work the random games stuff into the story.
~Sasha~

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2008, 06:43:51 am »

I Love How You Make The Sims Look So Realistic! It Really Makes Me Feel Like I Know Them Some-How. I Read Your Other Story Too. ~Between The Light And Darkness~ Very Good! Where Did You Download All Of The Different Types Of Food? ( For This Story ) Like The Waffles And All That! Just Wondering.......

:blob6:Crank Dat Hokey Pokey:blob6:
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2008, 09:50:51 am »

LOL, steelguy!  But that was an alien baby, so you somewhat expect it.  This was a human baby.  But Aislynn's eyes looked just like that, too, and I had been freaking - then she ended up with those killer long eyelashes, so it ended up a good thing.

Sasha - welcome!  I'm honored that you've read both of my stories and thrilled that you liked them.  The realistic look of the Avalon sims is thanks to custom default skin and eyes.  They really go a long way to make a sim look more humanish.  You can find food to download from all over the place, but a good place to start would be Mod the Sims 2.  I can't remember where I got the waffles off hand, but I can check the next time I load up my game.  That could be a week or so, though.

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2008, 10:15:11 am »

That was an adorable chapter - the way Joseph finds his love letter, and Aislynn talks about Lucian :love2: I'm sure Aubrey will grow into his eyes - something tells me he's gonna be a stunner when he's older Wink

As for me? Ugh, I'm hopeless >_< Giving it another go, this time making sure she looks the part (you'll see what I mean soon enough (I hope!)).. The problem I've been having is how to make it sound interesting, but methinks I was doing something wrong because even I got bored.. that and the picture quality was awful, even after touching them up - I'm never going back to that C button ever again, not for stories! >_<

Rant over :angel:

No requests please
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2008, 06:37:10 pm »

What's up with Lucian breaking all the sinks? Lol. I agree with Sadie, Aubrey will most likely be gorgeous when he grows up Smiley
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »

Sadie - thank you! Legacies can get pretty boring, sometimes.  There were several times during this one that I skipped on things because of the tedium.

Looks the part?  Cool - can't wait to see what that means.  But honestly, if you're bored to tears, then don't do it.  There are many better ways to spend your time.  Smiley

mpb - thanks!  I'm glad you liked it.

erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2008, 05:50:55 pm »

I really enjoyed this whole long legacy!  You actually inspired me to post mine here, so thank you for that.

I find your family very interesting and funny! Cheesy  I'm sure I'll get bored with mine a bit especially during the extremely long college days, but something always happens that's fun.  That's why I love the sims, because crazy things do happen unexpectedly from time to time.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2008, 06:02:31 pm »

Well thank you!  I was inspired in much the same way - I had read many legacies on LiveJournal and a couple here.  I love telling stories, so it was a good fit.  Smiley

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2008, 07:10:39 pm »

Same here :angel: But yeah, things are actually going well this time, got something better to write about, so I may just post mine shortly... the legacies are taking over the story section lately :lol:

No requests please
emoscenesk8r

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2008, 02:25:46 am »

I love this~ Aislyn(sp?) grew up to be really beautiful!!

Adorkable = (noun/adj) an adorable dork:smt106
Come join the rpg Every rose has its thorn!
My name's Bailey!
Hey! Come check out MY SIMS!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:03 am »

Sadie - Lovin' your legacy.

Emo - thank you!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:46 pm »

Chapter 15

It may seem odd to teach your toddler to talk in the middle of the night in your underwear next to a broken sink, but it seemed perfectly natural to me.

I had to stop halfway through, though, because my belly suddenly popped.  The second baby is growing fast.

Mom loves having grandchildren.  She's having the time of her life.

Lucian went home today.  In the middle of the night in his pajamas.  I was sad to see him go, but I guess it's for the best.  He has to live his own life, after all.

I was really impressed with Mom.  On her own, she picked Aubrey up and took him to the potty.  I didn't even ask her to help.  

Joseph:  Culinary, culinary, culinary!  Please, culinary!  Please be a position open.

Joseph:  Sigh.

Joseph is such a good daddy.  I expected him to be afraid of having children.  Afraid of having even more ties and commitments.  But he's been great.  He was kind of afraid of the dirty diaper, but that's it.  I love that man.

Time to finish potty training Aubrey.  This part is pretty boring.

Aubrey is, well, interesting.  He's kind of obsessive.  He got into playing with this little ball toy, and his face just looked almost evil.  It kind of creeped me out.

We invite Lucian and Laurana over often to visit.  It's great to see them, we're all so close.  Cat's ghost was on the haunt, and scared Lucian.  He was happy about it, though, he loves that kind of thing.

Lucian:  Oh man!  I clogged the toilet.  Dad's going to pitch a fit!

Joseph:  Culinary, culinary, culinary.  Come on.  Please.  And...Yes!  Yes, yes, yes!  Finally!

Me:  Oh look!  I just popped again!

Joseph:  I just got a job as a Restauranteur!

This is a cute picture.  Joseph is playing with Thing 2 while I play with Aubrey.

He sure loves that thing.  He plays with it all the time.  I guess that determination has paid off - he's maxed out his logic.

Me:  Dad!  I'm having the baby now!

Almeric:  Mmmm....

Me:  It's coming!  It's almost here!

Almeric:  Mmhmm.

Me:  It's a girl!  With red hair and her daddy's grey eyes.  We'll call her Arynn.  No no, don't get up.  I'd hate to interrupt your chili.

Almeric:  mmm...

Almeric:  Well, I was trying to take Aubrey a bottle, but this chair is in the way!

New baby Arynn:  Grandpa doesn't have a lot going on upstairs, does he?

Almeric:  What am I supposed to do now?

Joseph:  I hear an odd ringing sound.

Joseph:  The ringing!  Make it stop!  I can't stand it!

Me:  Will someone please answer the phone?

Joseph:  Oh, so that's what that ringing sound was, heh heh.

Joseph:  We don't want any.

Joseph:  The mess!  I can't stand it!

I caught Dad tucking in the baby.  It was such a heartlifting sight.

Then he slouched at her.  He cracks me up.

But then he went over to tuck in his grandson.  Aww.

Oh, poop.  I forgot to take a birthday shot.  Here's Aubrey as a child.  His eyes still look kind of strange to me.  Not as odd, though.  And I don't know why he's wearing pink pajamas.

Aubrey:  You know, Dad.  I'm super smart.  I maxed out my logic when I was just a toddler.

Joseph:  Mmhmm.

Joseph:  It's too bad you have atrocious manners, though.

Joseph:  Slow down, boy, before you eat your own hand!

Joseph:  Chomp, slurp, gobble, gobble.

Me:  Slurp, munch, snarf, gulp.

Aubrey:  oink, burp, chomp, snarf.

Aubrey:  I'm going to be a world famous toy maker when I grow up.

Aubrey:  And I'll travel the whole world with my inventions and make tons of money.

Me:  I don't think he's the right choice for heir.  He's so full of himself.  I'm worried he'll be conceited and look down on everyone around him.

Joseph:  Yeah, and besides, he has atrocious manners.

Joseph was thrilled to enter the Culinary career at such a high level.  His dream was so close he could almost reach out and grab it.  His boss said only one thing was keeping him from it - he needed one more friend.  He was so eager he called George over and ran out in his underwear to hang out with him.  Getting dressed would have taken too long, he said.  His carpool was in a couple of hours.

It's already Arynn's birthday.  The time flies by so quickly.

Aw, she's adorable!  She looks just like her daddy.

Ghosts are freaky enough as it is, but when they actually play together, that's just eerie.  This is Cinder (Generation 1 female) and Flame, her grandson (which would be the male of Generation 3).  Weird, huh?

Just random cuteness.  Mom cuddles Arynn.

Aw, poor Dad.  The shower and toilet broke at the same time, and there's Arynn, splashing around in the middle of it all, making more of a mess.  It took him all morning to get that bathroom back in order.

Alynna:  I would like to get to the refrigerator to prepare Greek Salad, but there's a bottle in the way.  Help, somone!

It's that time again.  Potty training time.

Yep.  Potty training.  It's a great time in every parent's life.

It's so cute when the toddlers dance to the stereo.  Arynn shows that she's already got the moves, even though she can't even walk, yet.

Joseph:  I've got the handcuffs stashed under the bed.  After the kids go to school do you wanna...

Me:  Uh, honey...

Me:  I think the maid is listening.

Maid:  Heh heh heh, lucky guy.

Me:  Alright, we can use the handcuffs and play cops and robbers.  I'll be the cop and handcuff you, the robber...

Me:  Then I'll be the crooked judge that convicts you for your heinous crimes.

Joseph:  I can't wait!

Ooh, look at my man looking all sexy and swaggering toward me.  Sigh!  I swoon at the sight of him.

Lucian came over today.  He told Aubrey all about the ghost that scared him last time he was here.

Me:  I don't know, what do you think?

Joseph:  I don't know, what do you think?

Me:  Who should we make heir?

Joseph:  I have no idea.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:17:35 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2008, 04:57:48 pm »

At least Aubrey doesn't have Joseph's nose!  He's really a cute boy, and by the time he's a teen I'll bet is eyes will be normal (If not then, there's always adulthood!).
I love the ghost cats playing with each other lol.  Now if only the ghost cats would play with Thing 2... Smiley

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: