Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:53:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpected ~ Sequel to Murdered with Love ~ Chapter Thirteen  (Read 14639 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:21:43 pm »

Hi, welcome to Unexpected, the sequel of Murdered with Love. If you haven't read Murdered with Love, I advise you to read it first. This story may include some swearing and violence, so you're warned.

~Index~
Introduction
Chapter One ~ Found?
Chapter Two ~ Murdered with Love
Chapter Three ~ Caught (or not?)
Chapter Four ~ Bad News
Chapter Five ~ Chaos
Chapter Six ~ Rescue
Chapter Seven ~ Nightmares
Chapter Eight ~ Awake at last
Chapter Nine ~ Hospital Drama
Chapter Ten ~ Call at 3:34
Chapter Eleven ~ Sorry
Chapter Twelve ~ Changes
Chapter Thirteen ~ I love you

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 04:40:10 am by KateTheSuperKat » Logged
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »

Introduction

I fled away from my past. I fled away from the cops. But I have learned one thing. You can’t flee away from your fears. Isn’t it true that behind every door I fear a cop? Isn’t it true that I expect someone will track me down all the time? You can change your looks and your name, but you can’t change yourself. I thought I could. But I can’t forget about the past. I know they will come one day. And they’ll come for me. To punish me for what I’ve done. I’m not sorry for the people I killed, they deserved it. I’m just scared they’ll pay me back.

I dumped the bread on the table. Enough for the whole next week. I went into the living room, picking a book up. I placed it back where it belonged, on the shelf, next to the other books. I sat down, looking satisfied around. The house I owned was small, but it was perfect for me. The living was more than large enough, the bedroom was just fine, the kitchen was great, and the bathroom was OK too. I turned the television on and watched the news.

Then I went back to the kitchen to get myself some coffee. Someone knocked on the door. I almost dropped my coffee. I carefully placed it on a table and went to open the door.
“Do you want to donate some money for homeless children?”
“Of course.” I got my purse and gave her some money.
“Thank you.” She left again, and I closed the door, and locked both locks. Two locks may seem a little bit much, but better safe than sorry. I reached for my coffee. It was cold.

I had been searching for five years now, and Val simply seemed to be gone. I suspect she has another name now, at least that would be smart, and Val definitely should be classed as smart. She had killed several people and almost got away with it. Almost. Blaming her mother had been smart. However, Danielle never lived to see her daughter again. She died short after Val left. Alone, and angry. I did attend her funeral. It turned out she had no other family except Val. I should really tell her Danielle died, once I find her. If I find her. But the changes of finding her seem to grow every day. Last week I finally found someone that told me Val was alive. It was the very person that gave her a fake passport. However, she doesn’t want to tell me Val’s new name. Some months in prison might change her mind. Anyway, I should start concentrating before I get lost again.

Alex concentrated on the map of the village. He was so close to solving this case he could almost touch it. The other inspectors made a joke of him, still searching for a murderer that had been last seen over five years ago. But Alex knew he would find her.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:20 pm »

Yay, it's here! Cheesy This'll be interesting Wink

No requests please
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:16 pm »

yessss! Cant wait to see how it all pans out. Cheesy

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:49:36 pm »

Now that I'm posting it again I'm seriously considering to retake the pictures... The ones from Murdered with Love and the biggest part of Unexpected are so bad. XD

Glad you all like it so far. Cheesy
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »

Chapter One – Found?

Alex searched through the dozens of papers. He had been looking for over an hour, and to be honest, he didn’t think he was going to find something strange here. Then his eye fell on one paper. Apparently he found what he was looking for. A person called Marielle Terra had moved to the village five years and three months ago. There was no way to be sure this Marielle was Val, except for paying her a visit to see what she looked like.

I heard another knock on my door, and went to open it. First I peered through the window to see who my unexpected visitor was. I let out a small gasp when I saw it was Alex. So they finally found me after all these years. I hesitated. There were two options left. Either I fled, risking to draw the attention of Alex, or I opened the door and hoped he didn’t recognize me. Neither of the options were very attractive. Alex knocked again. I decided to open the door and hope for the best.

The door finally opened. Someone he didn't know appeared in the open door.
“Can I help you?” she asked. Not Val’s voice, he told himself. Yet there was something about this woman that strongly reminded him of Val. Maybe I’m just seeing ghosts.
“Yes. You’re Marielle Terra?”
“I am indeed. Why do you want to know?”
“I’m Alex Mill, I’m an inspector. I would like to come in and ask you a few questions.”
“Okay.” He followed her inside. They went through a nice kitchen, before entering the living. He took a seat. Marielle did the same.
“So you moved here five years ago?”
“Five years and three months ago, yes.”
“Why?”

So far I didn’t have the idea Alex was sure I was the person he was looking for. He did suspect it, yes, but he wasn’t sure. Then he asked why I moved.
“Because my job moved, and I didn’t want to lose it, of course.” The lie came easy, probably because I had told it a thousand times already.
“Of course. How old are you?”
“I will be twenty-eight this Autumn.” That was just a year younger then I really was. Of course I wasn’t born in the Autumn. It had been winter when I was born, and it had been incredibly cold.
“Do you have any family?” Alex asked.
“No. My parents died in a car crash three years ago, and I have no sisters or brothers.”
“Good. One more question. Can you write down something for me?” My heart started to beat faster. Oh my God, the only thing he needed to prove I was Valentina Johnson, a murderer, were a few words on a paper. I felt him stare.
“Sure.” I grabbed paper and a pen. “What do you want me to write?”
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:46:19 am »

*gasp* unless she practiced another handwriting, shes in a lot of trouble...lol

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:15:03 pm »

Yup. XD

Chapter Two – Murdered with Love

“I want you to write, ‘Murdered with love.’”
“Sorry?” Marielle asked. “Why do I need to write that?”
“Doesn’t matter. Just write it.” Alex said. He watched her write the words on the paper. He kept telling himself the blue ink wouldn’t lie. When she finished writing he grabbed the paper. So close, so close. He just needed a matching handwriting. He blinked a few times. It was completely different from Val’s letters. Marielle couldn’t be Val.

I watched Alex look at the paper. He frowned, and I knew I had succeeded. The handwriting on the paper was different enough from Val’s. From mine. Thank God I changed my writing style in the last few years. I heard him sigh. It almost made me feel sorry for him. He had been looking for me all this time, and now I tricked him. He would just go on searching Val and never find her. But I didn’t feel sorry enough to tell him I was the one he was looking for.
“Thank you for your time, I should move on.” He got up and I followed him into the kitchen. He stopped at the table. An article about a murder several years ago lay on it. And guess who was the murderer.
“Why are you interested in this?”

“Er, well, a friend of mine is always interested in that kind of things, especially unsolved cases. I keep them for her.”
“O, really?” He couldn’t hide the slight hint of sarcasm. “And what is the name of that friend?” He waited for an answer. It took some time. Too long.
“Katja.”
“What does she look like?”
“She has black hair, green eyes-”
“OK.” Alex took one more look at Marielle. There was something in her face that strongly reminded him of Val. She glanced at him. Suddenly he knew.
“Look at me.”
“Sorry?”
“Now!” he barked. She looked up. Her eyes were exactly the same colour as Val’s.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 03:31:37 pm »

Uh-oh - even she knew she should have worn contacts Wink Wonder what's gonna happen now... Cheesy

No requests please
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 04:31:05 pm »

Glad you like it. :-)

I really hate my pictures. XD
KatrinaandTiff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 04:38:56 pm »

More more more! One of your old fans has come back to haunt you......hehe. More more more more more more more more more!

Everytime We Touch is a 5 star movie!Best ever!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKpaZFMsC4
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 10:01:33 am »

Your wish is my command. Tongue

Chapter Three – Caught (or not?)

Alex seized her wrist and pulled Marielle Terra, aka Valentina Johnson to the living. He forced her down on the sofa.
“I knew it.”
“So what are you gonna do now? Call your friends and lock me up in prison? Oh no, you first need to prove I’m really Val, and you need to convince court I killed those people. Ah well, it will take just a few months and then I will be safely hidden from the world.” Alex couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. She did deserve it, surely, but on the other hand, she hadn’t hurt anyone the past five years. But then again, what about the mother that would never be able to hold her son again?
“I’m going to take you back, and yes, I will need to prove your guilt.”
“Okay. Let’s go then.”
“Now?” he asked, a litte confused at her sudden agreement.
“Yeah, or do you want me to stay here a little longer?”
“No.” He pulled her up again, and took her out.
“You know I can walk myself.”
“I don’t want you to run away now I finally found you.” She rolled her eyes and he opened the door of his car.
“You might want to open the other door, seeing as you’ll probably like to drive yourself.”
“Oh...Yeah.” He opened the other door. Val got in. Alex hestitated. He had been waiting for this moment so long, but now it just didn’t feel right. He didn’t want to lock her up anymore. He leaned against the car. He should be taking her straight back, to a place were she could be safely locked up till they had gathered enough evidence. He rubbed his forehead. And then what? Lock her up for the rest of her life?
Val waited patiently for him to get in the car. She remained silent for a few minutes, but couldn’t resist saying something at last.
“Well?”
“Get out.”
“Eh?”
“Just get out. Go back to your house, forget all about today.”
“Why? And how can I forget the police is after me?”
“I’m the only one still searching you, I’ll just shut up.”
“Wait. I don’t get it. You search me for five years and now you just let me go?” Now that she said it, it sounded quite stupid indeed.
“Yeah, I know.”
“You also know this really makes no sense?”
“Now do you want to go to prison or not? Just go before I change my mind and decide to take you back.” Val got out of the car.
“Thanks.” She hugged him and went back inside. Alex banged his head against the car.
KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 10:05:14 am »

And because chapter three is really short, chapter four is here too.

Chapter Four – Bad News

Alex was about to get in the car, when suddenly something came to his mind. He didn’t tell Val about Danielle’s death yet. He took a deep breath and went back to the house. The door opened when he pushed against it, and he found Val sitting in the kitchen.
“Changed your mind already?” she asked.
“Not exactly. Came back to tell you something.”
“And what may that something be?” Alex took a seat.
“Your mother died short after you left.” It remained silent. Alex observed Val’s face, but there was no emotion in her eyes.
“Val?” She looked at him, and smiled. That was a kinda weird reaction. Smiling after you heard your mother was dead? But then he realised she didn’t smile because she was happy.
“That’s too bad.”
“How old was she actually?”
“Eh, I think about sixty. I dunno exactly though.”
“OK,” he said, unsure how to continue the conversation. If it was to be continued at all. He was talking with a murderer, for god’s sake. She could grab the kitchen knife and stab him right out of this world. It wasn’t like she had never done it before.
“Anyway, I should go back.”
“Okay. Thanks.” He left again.

So Danielle had finally died. Of course I had known she could impossibly survive long with her weak health. Probably the effects of our little ‘argument’ had been to much for her old body. Ah well, it was her own fault. Wasn’t it her who started the fight in the first place? Then the door opened again. I wondered briefly whether Alex was back again, but then saw my neighbor and her ten year old daughter.

“Hello Anita, I didn’t expect you at all,” I smiled and got up.
“Actually I’ve got a little problem and I was wondering if you could help me out, Marielle.”
“Go ahead and tell me the problem.”
“I have a party tonight I really need to attend. But there is no one to look after Yara.” Yara sighed.
“I told you you could take me with you.”
“It’s not a party for children, love. Anyway, I was hoping you could keep an eye on Yara?”
“Sure. When are you back?”
“That’s not going to be earlier than three am.”
“Well, then Yara can sleep here. Else you have to wake her up in the middle of the night. She can sleep in my bed, I’ll take the couch.”
“Really? Thank you so much, Marielle.”
“That’s fine. Enjoy your party.”
“I sure will.” Anita kissed her daughter and went back to her own home.
“So,” Yara started. “Let’s have some fun.”
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:46:21 pm »

how...odd of Alex.  
and what does Yara mean by 'fun'? Is Val/Marielle grooming her to be her successor? :x

PLEASE continue!

KateTheSuperKat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:33:09 am »

Here it is... Complete with drama. Smiley

Chapter Five - Chaos

“Yara? Yara!” I yelled. It was as if she had completely disappeared. I sighed and double-checked every room. Then I opened the door to the living. Yara was jumping on the couch.
“Will you stop doing that now!” I screamed. Who had taught this kid manners? Yara stopped jumping, and walked in my direction.
“If I ever see you doing that again, you’re in serious trouble, ma’am!”
“Sorry,” Yara muttered. “I’m just bored.”
“Well,” I sighed, looking out of the window. “It’s time to go to bed anyway.”
“Aww. Can’t I stay up a little longer?”
“You’re yawning all the time, Yara. Put on jour PJ’s.”
“Will you read from this book?” She pulled a book out of nowhere.
“OK then.”

Yara changed her clothes, and we both sat down. I opened the book, and started to read. I noted Yara had chosen the longest story in the book, and I couldn’t help but smile. She was a smart kid. After I finished the story, I put her to bed. I switched the lights off and went back to the living.

Alex’ cellphone started ringing. He answered it with a short ‘yes?’.
“Mill, you’ll never believe it, but we tracked down your murderer?” Alex’ eyes widened.
“What murderer?” he asked carefully.
“You know, the one you’ve been looking for. Valentina Johnson.”
“Really? Where is she?” Maybe they had the wrong address. He hoped so. The officer gave her location, and Alex knew it was right.”
“Brilliant. I’m close to that place. I’ll go there now.” And warn Val.
“Sorry, but you can’t. We’re sending some officers, because we don’t want her to get away again. You can join them, though.” He promised he would, and ended the conversation. He took a deep breath, and stared at his cellphone for some time. Val was in serious troubles. He was in serious troubles if they found out he hadn’t arrested her. Alex stepped in the car.

Someone knocked on the door. Again. I ignored it. After twelve o’clock I opened for no one. It was not until they started to scream I realized who they were.
“Police! Open the door.”
“Damn!” I cursed under my breath. I pulled my gun out of a vase, and looked around, searching for possibilities to escape. Strange enough I felt no fear. Actually I felt nothing at all. Everything I knew was that I had to get away as quickly as possible. At that moment I heard shooting, and the door opened.
“Crap.” I walked backwards.
“You’re under arrest, ma’am!” one of them yelled. “Drop the gun or we need to hurt you!” I laughed.
“Hurt me? No way.” I pulled the trigger. The cop fell back, his eyes widened in amazement, still not realizing what had happened. Apparently he didn’t think I would really shoot. Thought wrong. I heard Yara yell.

Two more cops ran through the door. I frowned, and decided the door was no way out. I turned to the window, and before they knew what I was doing, I fired. The window broke at once. I jumped through it, cutting myself on a piece of glass. I fell and quickly got up again. I ran as fast as I possibly could. If I just got to the car,  I would be safe. I cursed myself for not finding a way to escape earlier. Then I heard someone fire a gun. My shoulder exploded with pain.
“Ow!” I grimaced and pushed my hand against the wound, trying not to pass out. I jumped over a stone, and saw my car. I jumped in it, pulling the keys out of my pocket.

My shoulder hurt incredibly much, and there was already a big blood stain on my clothes. I finally managed to start the car. I drove backwards, hitting at least one unlucky cop. I turned the car, and gained some more speed. Almost around the corner. Then I heard another loud BANG, and the car slipped.
“Oh my god.” I tried to keep the car on the road, but the wheels were useless, and the car didn’t respond to my actions to turn it. The big tree on the side of the road came closer and closer.

“NO!” I tried to open the door, but somehow it wouldn’t open. And that awful tree was still coming closer. The car was gonna hit it. And I knew which of the two was gonna win the confrontation. My God, what did I do? Strange how that kind of thoughts occurred when the end was so close. Now that I faced death itself, I felt sorry for all the lives I had taken. Almost all the lives. My hands felt sweaty, but the rest of my body was icy cold. I breathed quickly and my shoulder hurt more than ever. Funny how you notice those things when they don’t matter anymore.

Just a few metres and the car would bump into the tree. I knew I wouldn’t survive it. No one would. I caught a glimpse of a horrified person in my mirror, and realised it was Alex. I’m sorry for causing you so much troubles. I breathed in. Somehow I felt calm. No matter what came after this life, I couldn’t change anything about it. Neither could I change my past.

Then the confrontation came. The windows of the car exploded. The fragments of glass cut me in every not covered part of my body. Then it was over. There was a big BANG and the world became black.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: