Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:34:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large Appliances  (Read 5006 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adalita

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:50 am »

adding in large appliances causes my game to crash - I think it is a problem with a mesh - is there a way to sort out the problem file as I have over 8000 of files.

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Hokieman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:03:46 pm »

If you're sure it's a large appliance, use either Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organizer to isolate your objects into a directory by themselves - If you remember which object it was you were trying to use (like a fridge) look for all the custom objects of the same type (have to do this line by line in DDO) - then isolate those into a directory (make sure the folder is not in the EA Games/The Sims directory path).  The point of this exercise being to reduce the number of files you have to test.

Then you can try the old divide and conquer approach until you find the trouble maker.   If it turns out that it isn't one of the files, then try another object type.

If you only just started having the problem, then you probably installed something recently that's causing the problem.  Look in your downloads folder and sort by the date modified column.  Isolate the newest files into a directory somewhere and try the game.  If it runs ok , the use the divide and conquer on the new files to find the trouble maker.

Or you can just try divide and conquer on your whole downloads folder without trying to isolate anything.  Only real difference is the time it takes to find the problem.
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:03:09 am »

Thanks for your help I will try.  I don't know what it is but its either an oven or something like that!

Yeah after a few contest I think I will null and void the whole CC and start from the beginning with a bit more order.

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: