Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:41:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I reset a 'hood?  (Read 1603 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mieley

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:33:26 pm »

I want to reset Pleasantview back to the way it is when it's first opened. Is there any way to do this?

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
HB_princessakasha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 12:16:11 am »

i was just looking for a thread i made a few months back about the same subject because im restarting my sims game as well.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=59072 here ya go!

"I'd like to depart this world the way I arrived. Screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Keisha // Snoppy
UglyTownie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 05:10:52 am »

I think there is an easier way to do it than what's described in that thread though: first go into your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder and delete the N001 folder (after making a backup, just in case). Then replace it with a copy of the N001 folder found in the TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods folder of your original The Sims 2 installation folder.

You should now have accomplished the same thing without having to delete and regenerate your entire Downloads folder.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:40 pm »

Ugly, that was the old way of doing it before OFB was out.

If you do not want the game missing creating some important subfolders, I suggest you follow my method which HB gave you a link too.
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:01:46 pm »

thanks so much, ill try missdoh's method bc i do have OFB. thanks for trying to help tho, uglytownie. you guys are the best!

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
UglyTownie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 06:13:12 am »

OK, maybe it's me who's behind on things then. But are you sure though (MissDoh) because this is the first I've heard of this? And looking at my Neighborhood folders at least, they don't appear any different than they did pre-OFB, it's not that long ago I installed it. Could you possibly elaborate on what/where exactly these important subfolders might be? I'd like to know because, I already used my method to restore Strangetown. :-| And it's been working fine so far, but I really don't want it suddenly blowing up sometime in the future. Thanks in advance...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: