Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:02:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 long lovely questions!!  (Read 1709 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killacammy

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 04:02:56 pm »

1. Re-appearing files! & downloads
i was told if i wanted my downloads to work properly, i had to delete the 'accessory.cache' and the 'groups.cache' files... would they work if i didn't delete them or something, because every time i reset my computer after deleting the files they seem to re-appear! :smt120

2. Saving sim-dividuals!
is there a way to save sims if made in create a sim? because every time i make a sim i take so long making it i dont want them to grow coz i like them so much!! and i feel comfortable making them in CAS because im not familliar with body shop.. but i really want to save them?

3. Packaging lots with sims inside!
if i package a lot, like a house...... will it save the sims inside as well!!?!? (say, if there's no way to save a sim once made in CAS...) and if so, where would it save, would it save them so their life is at the beginning of he life stage (eg, beginning of child, toddler, ten, adult, elder, pets..) ?

4. Installing the sims 2 problems!
my lover's been trying to get the sims 2 to work on his computer... his cd version works fine, the fake cd version of the sims 2 works fine, but once installing an expansion pack (bon voyage, because the rest of my games cant load up from them, on voyage loads them up), i gave him  different versions and they loaded up.. but the colours are messed up and it crashes within about hlf an hour! all the green grass is purple and flashing and once it crashes, the computer comes up with an error or somesort, saying that virtual memory is too low...
my thought is maybe he needs to update his drivers or graphics card? or is there anything else i could do !!??!

sorry for such long questions, and thank you for reading.. thank you for your help if is given :happy8: !
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:48:28 pm »

1. Your downloads should work properly if you have the correct mesh files for them to show, CEP install for recolors to appear. Deleting groups.cache, accessory.cache and thumbnails files, will regerate each time you start the game.This isnt nessesary for each time, unless your CAS or bodyshop thumbnails are displaying wrong, groups.cache file is currupted.

2. Is it that you dont want your sims to age after you made them in CAS or that you want to keep the sims that you made in CAS instead of bodyshop?

3. In order to package a lot up, first your sims must be removed for the lot. You can find your packaged lots in "\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Packaged Lots". The only way to retrieve sims made in game is with SimPe.

3. Sounds like your video card may not be compatible or needs an update. Also I dont recommend "fake cds", it may be contributing to your problem not properly functioning. Virtually memory means that you are running the game on low resources. If you are running Vista, you need at least 1 gb for BV.

4. Can you list the specs of your computer, operating system, ram installed and video card?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:49:42 pm »

1.  They're supposed to reappear.  The game respawns them each time you either start it or Bodyshop up.  It's always good to delete them anyways, because you never know when they'd corrupt and cost you some time waiting for your game to load... only to find out it quits loading before the splash screen comes up.  Wink

2.  You can use SimPE to extract born in-game sims that you want to save.  There's a tutorial on how to do it here.  :angel:

3.  Decora already answered it for ya.  :smile bi:

4.  I can tell you one thing:  the "fake" CD version isn't something we're allowed to help you with.  :lol: But for the "real" version, you might want to check how much RAM that computer has available to run it.  Each new expansion pack you install on your computer puts more demands graphics and performance wise.  Try updating all of what you think you need to (the ones you listed.)  and following the Game Optimization Tips for Windows XP Tutorial on Sim Wardrobe.  (simply found under "Tutorials".)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 06:53:00 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 10:58:30 am »

thank you twooo Smiley
killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:33 pm »

tenshiiiiii, my simpe won't work so i tried downloading a different version and it still didn't want to work... :smt120 is there any other way to save sims in cas?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 06:18:36 pm »

Not that I can think of... :?  Have you completely uninstalled it and re-installed SimPE, and have you downloaded the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 files that's required for it to run?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: